That damn right wing leaning supreme Court is ruling liberal again

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Kavanaugh and gorsuch should be impeached pronto!!!!!! How dare they go against big companies ...

Supreme Court lets stand California ruling holding lead paint makers liable for $400-million cleanup cost - Los Angeles Times

Supreme Court lets stand California ruling holding lead paint makers liable for $400-million cleanup cost

Supreme Court lets stand California ruling holding lead paint makers liable for $400-million cleanup cost
By DAVID G. SAVAGE
OCT 15, 2018 | 7:25 AM
WASHINGTON

la-1527794058-px7d52m6ql-snap-image

This file photo shows the U.S. Supreme Court Building on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. (Karen Bleier / AFP/Getty Images)

The Supreme Court on Monday turned away a closely watched big-business challenge to a California court ruling that requires former makers of lead paint to pay $400 million or more to clean up old homes.

Business lawyers said they feared the California ruling based on the “public nuisance” doctrine will give a green light to other suits seeking to hold manufacturers liable for damage inflicted on the public, including the opioid crisis and climate change.

The ruling in the lead paint case arose when 10 California local governments, including Los Angeles County, brought a “public nuisance” suit against the companies that once sold lead paint. They argued that lead is a proven toxin that can cause brain damage to children and that companies that once sold this paint should pay now for the cleanup, even though lead paint was legal and commonly used prior to the 1960s.

Kavanaugh and gorsuch should be impeached pronto!!!!!! How dare they go against big companies ...

Supreme Court lets stand California ruling holding lead paint makers liable for $400-million cleanup cost - Los Angeles Times

By DAVID G. SAVAGE
WASHINGTON

This file photo shows the U.S. Supreme Court Building on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. (Karen Bleier / AFP/Getty Images)

The Supreme Court on Monday turned away a closely watched big-business challenge to a California court ruling that requires former makers of lead paint to pay $400 million or more to clean up old homes.

Business lawyers said they feared the California ruling based on the “public nuisance” doctrine will give a green light to other suits seeking to hold manufacturers liable for damage inflicted on the public, including the opioid crisis and climate change.

The ruling in the lead paint case arose when 10 California local governments, including Los Angeles County, brought a “public nuisance” suit against the companies that once sold lead paint. They argued that lead is a proven toxin that can cause brain damage to children and that companies that once sold this paint should pay now for the cleanup, even though lead paint was legal and commonly used prior to the 1960s.

Are you saying that only a LIBTARD would want to NOT POISON people.......
but REAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES (who believe all life is precious).....don't care who gets poisoned?...

even your own children?

I thought according to the liberal propaganda the right wing leaning supreme Court was going to destroy everything?

By DAVID G. SAVAGE
WASHINGTON

Big Pharma SHOULD be held liable for the opiod crisis.

Are you saying that only a LIBTARD would want to NOT POISON people.......
but REAL AMERICAN CONSERVATIVES (who believe all life is precious).....don't care who gets poisoned?...

even your own children?
Of course. As a conservative, I want my government to destroy the planet, wipe out all wildlife, execute all homos and raise the temperature of the planet a few fegrees.

The last one I actually support.

Oh great....People who were doing what was common practice at the time, now being sued for no malicious intent on their part....'Murica!

So if it's "common practice" but is actually unethical, totally wrong etc, then it's okay?

I guess they dupes believe The Supremes are brainwashed shitheads now.... LOL

Your the one that's promoting it on wanting to impeach kavanaugh.

I say: "like he isn't going to vote just like Kennedy." He is.

Neveryoumind all the vile leftist hoopla.

You don't see me celebrating his confirmation, I have my reasons.

Ted Cruz should be nominated next. I can just see him with that robe on.

Last edited:

By DAVID G. SAVAGE
WASHINGTON

Shsssss--they think they got CONSERVATIVE justices out of Niel Gorsuch & Brett Kavanaugh--:auiqs.jpg: Trump and every GOP candidate during the 2016 election PROMISED them that. After all, you never know who Hillary Clinton would have picked.

Well she might have picked Niel Gorsuch or Brett Kavanaugh, as she voted to confirm both of them to the District Court of Appeals, under G.W.Bush in 2006. A time when Democrats were the Senate majority and could have easily rejected them, as they had done with so many of G.W's nominees, these two came through that gaunlet with flying colors.

2017_02-02-schumer-gorsuch-hypocrite.jpg

Niel Gorsuch is the only nominee in my memory that stated during confirmation hearings that Roe v Wade was precedent in the Constitution meaning, set in stone.
Gorsuch to Feinstein: Abortion ruling is 'precedent'

New Topics

Forum List

Back