Thanksgiving Proclamation from a real Right-Wing Religious Nut

no1tovote4 said:
However by this proclamation you cannot tell the religion of the person who wrote it. Thus my theory that GW was a Deist as well.

If you read his biography (I recommend Flexner's one-volume condensation of his previous four-volume work) you will find that GW was a practicing Christian, not a Deist.

gop_jeff said:
If you read his biography (I recommend Flexner's one-volume condensation of his previous four-volume work) you will find that GW was a practicing Christian, not a Deist.

That's fine. The proclamation was written in such a way as to not deny the reality of other beliefs. I think it is a good thing, regardless of the religion of the writer, GW. I am also happy with the fact that the man was a Freemason, like most of the founding fathers. The proclamation is very good, just not name specific and allows room for others beliefs, even at a time when differing beliefs were rare indeed.

no1tovote4 said:
That's fine. The proclamation was written in such a way as to not deny the reality of other beliefs. I think it is a good thing, regardless of the religion of the writer, GW.

The proclamation is very good, just not name specific and allows room for others beliefs, even at a time when differing beliefs were rare indeed.

And on that I think we can agree.

Forum List

Back