• I'm going out (restaurant)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I'm working a soup kitchen

• No plans

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Watching Football & Drinking Beer

• Other (I always forget something obvious...)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Well, hell, just do like some of my neighbors do and leave them up all year.

Actually, some of the decorations I'm putting up, I DO intend to leave up all year. Some of the decorative lights I will be putting on the balcony railing outside will be a year-round addition to my outdoor décor.
These days with low voltage LED lighting some of it would be a nice addition, like along walkways, steps, underneath overhangs, etc.

You don't have to take it so seriously, you know.

You also don't have to do it.
I haven't. If someone told me how to bake potatoes I wouldn't take it seriously or personally. I might even consider the point they were making.

You actually are reminding me a lot of my ex-husband, who says everything with the most critical, abrasive word choice he can come up with, and then is utterly bewildered why people get offended when he's "just helping".

Many men just say that is being "honest" and "unfiltered" - or say "'say that' just the way they are".....
My nephew (raised by only a woman) was always upset because I didn't speak to him in an effeminate way. Told him I wasn't gay.

what? that's ridiculous. mdk will back me up on this I'm sure....

Actually, some of the decorations I'm putting up, I DO intend to leave up all year. Some of the decorative lights I will be putting on the balcony railing outside will be a year-round addition to my outdoor décor.
These days with low voltage LED lighting some of it would be a nice addition, like along walkways, steps, underneath overhangs, etc.

It's a balcony. I just think it's attractive, and makes it more pleasant to sit outside when the weather is good. Any opportunity to lose the "bunker" feel of an apartment.

We had 18 people here yesterday, I only had to make the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and get some rolls. Everyone else did the "fill ins" to it was a dream :)

Clean up wasn't that bad either! All in all I good day.

Now I have to put up Christmas decorations... will prob. do that tomorrow.
I hope somebody brought some veggies. And it's too early for Christmas stuff! Although an elderly customer is hot to trot for me to install them.

I find it easier to just decorate now- cause as the weeks go by ,time becomes precious since there's get togethers & parties to participate in :banana::beer::cheers2::dance::eusa_dance::huddle::party::smoke::spinner::thewave::wine:

:woohoo:

naw- that's what white trash does.

We had 18 people here yesterday, I only had to make the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and get some rolls. Everyone else did the "fill ins" to it was a dream :)

I hope somebody brought some veggies. And it's too early for Christmas stuff! Although an elderly customer is hot to trot for me to install them.

I find it easier to just decorate now- cause as the weeks go by ,time becomes precious since there's get togethers & parties to participate in :banana::beer::cheers2::dance::eusa_dance::huddle::party::smoke::spinner::thewave::wine:

naw- that's what white trash does.
The guy two houses over had a big, like 8 foot, star in Christmas lights on his front wall. Finally took it down after 10 years. Maybe all the bulbs burned out.

ya, a balcony is different than the whole front face of a house. a friend of mine has them on her deck all year & it makes for a great BBQ atmosphere as night time comes around...

I would love to put white lights around our deck but hubby is against it.

We only have wreaths and white candles in the windows. Pretty boring! But that's what he likes.
Simple.

ya, a balcony is different than the whole front face of a house. a friend of mine has them on her deck all year & it makes for a great BBQ atmosphere as night time comes around...

They do make outdoor light strings now that are intended to be up year round to accent yards and stuff. Much sturdier and more weather-resistant. Somewhere around the end of February, I plan to put up trellises all around the two open sides of the balcony and put long, thin planters along the foot of them for honeysuckle and jasmine vines. Then I want to weave some very small lights in among the vines, and maybe get a string of lights shaped like colored butterflies for up around the edge of the balcony roof. Should make for a very nice, cozy greenhouse feel.

I would love to put white lights around our deck but hubby is against it.

We only have wreaths and white candles in the windows. Pretty boring! But that's what he likes.
Simple.
Generally wifey calls the shots on those calls. You aren't doing it right.

Forum List

Back