Thanksgiving is for the Birds!!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
klingon-turkeys-klingon-turkey-turkeys-thanksgiving-demotivational-poster-1252599480.jpg
[/IMG]

funny_thanksgiving_notecards-p137462377775024729qj10_400.jpg
[/IMG]

funny5.jpg
[/IMG]

Yea, no shit. Personally, if not for the food, I'd not recognize the day at all.

It is a good day for family to gather and bloat.

For those of you that work you should not complain about paid holidays.

Holy crap, you peeps need to come to my house for Thanksgiving.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied sweet potatoes (the kind that are mashed, mixed with butter, brown sugar and cream, put in a baking dish and covered with marshmallows), green bean casserole, spinach salad, shrimp and/or crab salad, jello salad (banana/strawberry jello with strawberries and/or bananas and real whipped cream on the side), home made rolls, olives, bread & butter pickles, dill pickles, stuffed celery, homemade cranberry sauce, glazed carrots...and that's the main course.

Chips, both potato and tortilla chips, homemade salsa, homemade clam dip, homemade onion dip...

Poppyseed bread, zucchini bread, cheese spread, chicken liver pate and water crackers...

And dessert.....mincemeat, pumpkin, apple and the occasional chocolate cream pie.

You guys don't know how to enjoy thanksgiving.

And at dinner, we give a prayer of thanks and each person at the table gets to recite what they are thankful for.

Holy crap, you peeps need to come to my house for Thanksgiving.

Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, candied sweet potatoes (the kind that are mashed, mixed with butter, brown sugar and cream, put in a baking dish and covered with marshmallows), green bean casserole, spinach salad, shrimp and/or crab salad, jello salad (banana/strawberry jello with strawberries and/or bananas and real whipped cream on the side), home made rolls, olives, bread & butter pickles, dill pickles, stuffed celery, homemade cranberry sauce, glazed carrots...and that's the main course.

Chips, both potato and tortilla chips, homemade salsa, homemade clam dip, homemade onion dip...

Poppyseed bread, zucchini bread, cheese spread, chicken liver pate and water crackers...

And dessert.....mincemeat, pumpkin, apple and the occasional chocolate cream pie.

You guys don't know how to enjoy thanksgiving.

And at dinner, we give a prayer of thanks and each person at the table gets to recite what they are thankful for.

Sounds like quite the ultimate spread AB... a lot of work.

I think this year I'm going to invite the family up to this restaurant near my place that puts on a huge Thanksgiving meal. They have pretty much everything under the sun buffet style, and it's like $10 for all you can eat. No cooking or mess to deal with.

I think I'll volunteer to serve food to the hungry and homeless at Turner Field this year. Hosea Williams started a good thing a long time ago and it keeps getting bigger each year. Thanksgiving is a time to share as you are able to with those that have nothing to give you in return except appreciation for your kindness...and they do appreciate it. If I hang around the house, gorge myself to sleep via traditional overindulgence due to the systematic preparation of too much food for consumption within one day, I'll just get fatter and be forced to thank someone for a Pepto Bismol.

Please consider donating time, money or things whether you live near an event like this or not.

Hosea Feed The Hungry and Homeless

Thanksgiving is not for the birds...it's for giving thanks.

Thank you...and good night!

Forum List

Back