Thanksgiving football without Madden?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
Anyone else feeling an empty void?

I've never really been the biggest Madden fan but it just seems weird watching Thanksgiving football without his commentary on the food.

Madden was once the best color guy in the business.

He stuck around long enough to become the worst.

Good f*ck'n riddance!

If you're a fan of the punt, that Raiders game had to have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation on each and every one of their drives.

You have to try and find what's positive about what you're given.

Also, I get the whole tradition thing and all, but at what point does the NFL shit-can the Lions for TG day? Ratings today HAD to suck ass...

When will they replace the Lions on Thanksgiving Day? No offense TigerBob, but they suck!

Maybe they have really bad teams on Thanksgiving since nobody really is watching the game, they are napping.

If you're a fan of the punt, that Raiders game had to have you on the edge of your seat in anticipation on each and every one of their drives.

Also, I get the whole tradition thing and all, but at what point does the NFL shit-can the Lions for TG day? Ratings today HAD to suck ass...

I liked the silver lettering on the Raiders uniform. It was rather sharp.

I liked the silver lettering on the Raiders uniform. It was rather sharp.

Yeah, so was the knife I was cutting my wrists with while I labored through those games. I remember when football would help kill time and I could deal with smelling the food and having to wait. Today though, I died a little inside.

I missed Madden. It just wasn't the same. The Raiders should be taken away from Al Davis and given to someone who can remember whether he put his teeth in each morning. The old man should not own a football team. He, Snyder, and Jones are walking egos who have appointed caretakers as their team's coach.

When will they replace the Lions on Thanksgiving Day? No offense TigerBob, but they suck!

Maybe they have really bad teams on Thanksgiving since nobody really is watching the game, they are napping.

The Thanksgiving day game would not exist if it were not for the Lions. They started the tradition for the pro's. Sorry, they are never going to stop playing on Thanksgiving.

The Thanksgiving day game would not exist if it were not for the Lions. They started the tradition for the pro's. Sorry, they are never going to stop playing on Thanksgiving.

So if the Lions ceased to exist, they would stop showing football on Thanksgiving?

Interesting!

So if the Lions ceased to exist, they would stop showing football on Thanksgiving?

Interesting!

Have some more wine and turkey.....:cuckoo:

Interesting!

Have some more wine and turkey.....:cuckoo:

But without the Lions, there WOULD be no Thanksgiving Day game, remember?

I'm having a turkey daiquiri as we speak, thanks!

It's foolish to think that perpetual failure from them that results in yearly poor ratings wouldn't eventually lead the NFL to make a change.

You know better than to assume money doesn't play the most important role.

They're the worst team in football for about a decade now. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see them change it. Afterall, only Detroit fans would be displeased at this point, and I'm sure even a lot of THEM would understand.

And they aren't even TRYING to become a better team each year.

Forum List

Back