Thanksgiving Day plans???

Fmr jarhead said:
It's a tradition of mine....I have always gone and helped out on T Day (I used to tell my friends that I hated cleaning up the mess at home.....but it is more like I like to help clean up the mess in the neighborhood, and help those that can use it!)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

I can understand that. There is a feeling of satisfaction when you help those that really need it! Also makes you appreciate what you have all the more!!

Sir Evil said:
Me too, heading to McDonalds! :D

McD's is open on Thanksgiving in your area??!!

God, if they were open here, I would have a place to eat before being fed something that looks like my cat's food at my hubby's aunt's house. But I don't have to worry about that this year. Usually, we house-hop, so the family can see Nathan, and just visit. But because Tim's aunt and uncle are being dicks (they are WAY jealous that we had the first grandchild, and none of their kids are even close to settling down-long story-will post another time). My dad is having dinner this year, and he makes his famous "Drunk Turkey"...I know what you are thinking, and it's not like that. He injects it with Honeyweiss before cooking it, then bastes it with melted honey & butter. It is SO good.

nakedemperor said:
Heading back to New York City for Thanksgiving dinner with my family, my fiance, and the puppies!! I'm hoping they'll let me sit at the adult table this year.. fingers crossed! Also, my sister is bringing her girlfriend to the same dinner table as my uber-conservative grandma... I smell a sit-com!!! :mm:
you have to grow up first before you can move up to the adult table...

Just to be totally offtopic: Fuzzykitten that is one classy chapeau you're wearing.

Folder1_2003_09_08_16_16_03

Speaking of Thanksgiving.... this is my favorite cartoon

I'm going to be working at Disney World at the Magic Kingdom so if any of you are going to be there come on over and say hi.. :banana:

fuzzykitten99 said:
Here's a full pic of us. If I can get a different one scanned, I have one with the groomsmen and my hubby, wearing their suits, and sunglasses. The photographer asked if they were in the mafia or somthing. They looked like gangsters.

I think that's very different and cool :cool:

no1tovote4 said:
I plan on eating. Then falling asleep due to the tryptophan in the turkey...

:coffee3:

The turkey's actually good for you.. It's the stuffing, potatoes, bread, etc.. Starches and sugars baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Shattered said:
The turkey's actually good for you.. It's the stuffing, potatoes, bread, etc.. Starches and sugars baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

True, but tryptophan is a hormone found in turkey that makes you sleepy... It is the reason Uncle Bob is slobbering on his chin while snoring in the Lazy Boy instead of watching the game.

no1tovote4 said:
True, but tryptophan is a hormone found in turkey that makes you sleepy... It is the reason Uncle Bob is slobbering on his chin while snoring in the Lazy Boy instead of watching the game.
Good thing tryptophan doesn't make you horny or there's no tellin what Uncle Bob would be doing!

Ah, but if you eat just turkey, and veggies, you won't get that sleepy feeling afterwards - MOST of it comes from the blood sugar hikes in the starchy carbs...

no1tovote4 said:

That's partly true, the other reason is when people over eat the body doesn't know what to do with all those calories coming in at once so it shuts down, and you get sleepy. Carbs are mainly to blame for that, like Shattered said, the potatos, and stuffing.

Forum List

Back