Thanksgiving Day plans???

Bonnie said:
Hey puppies!! Glad you put that disclaimer :p:

Had to put in the disclaimer...dont want folks thinking I hate domesticated critters...

I love cows, pigs, and chickens...all great if cooked right

Well, unfortunately, we'll probably be going to the in-laws again - something my wife always insists we do. My problem isn't going over there in and of itself, it's the phassad of friendliness that seems to go on between the family. Her dad is a control freak, and it just bums me out overall.

That said, I did insist we do our OWN dinner so I ordered up a 20lb Turkey from the butcher which means I'll be doing quite a bit of cooking - most likely on Friday or Saturday...

CSM said:
Had to put in the disclaimer...dont want folks thinking I hate domesticated critters...

waht is the difference between a hamster and a gerrbile?............

hamsters have more white meat.

For the first time in my life, I am going away for Thanksgiving - leaving Friday for a trip to GA to spend the holiday with my oldest son and his family. Hoping that Evil, Jim and Janeen will keep the family tradition alive (food fight in someone else's house for a change)!

CSM said:

See if I had a farm, Id starve because all the animals would have names and be elevated to pet status.... :p:

drowe said:
Four things:

1. Frying a turkey (did it last year for the first time and I will never go back).
2. Chow Down
3. Watch Footbal
4. Nap

I have never had a fried Trukey but I bet its fantastic. I saw Emeril cook a few like that YUM.

Bonnie said:
We are having dinner in a restaurant with family, not terribly original but the clean up is easy :)

I'm going to that same restaurant. I'll be that guy looking at you from across the room that takes your breath away!

rtwngAvngr said:
I'm going to that same restaurant. I'll be that guy looking at you from across the room that takes your breath away!
Look out Bonnie! He plans on strangling you in public!

Joan said:
For the first time in my life, I am going away for Thanksgiving - leaving Friday for a trip to GA to spend the holiday with my oldest son and his family. Hoping that Evil, Jim and Janeen will keep the family tradition alive (food fight in someone else's house for a change)!

That explains John eating at Mickey D's LOL :p:

I plan on spending Thanksgiving at Walter Reed with recovering troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. Only thing left to do is to coordinate it with the staff there and make all is good.

If I can't do that, I'll spend it with friends in D.C.

rtwngAvngr said:

Possibly the creepiest thing I've read on this board. :terror:

Bonnie said:
I could cry to this post, even though you are doing very noble things, I guess you can take comfort in that..I wish you a happy and safe holiday!! :cry:

It's a tradition of mine....I have always gone and helped out on T Day (I used to tell my friends that I hated cleaning up the mess at home.....but it is more like I like to help clean up the mess in the neighborhood, and help those that can use it!)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

Forum List

Back