Thanksgiving Day plans???

as you all may know i live in california....a red dot in a sea of arrogance...anyway i have been banished from liberal family gatherings...(too many political jabs at the dinner table)....as have several of our friends....so my family and two other familys get together and and have a neo-con thanksgiving

manu1959 said:
as you all may know i live in california....a red dot in a sea of arrogance...anyway i have been banished from liberal family gatherings...(too many political jabs at the dinner table)....as have several of our friends....so my family and two other familys get together and and have a neo-con thanksgiving

Now that sounds peaceful, jabs have no place at a Thanksgiving meal...All the jabbing should be coming from forks and the same side of the political spectrum LOL :)

Wife and baby made impromptu plans to go to CA and have the dinner with family...I have to sit at home and take care of some business (1st and last Turkey day without my family)

I have spent many holidays away from family in the past, so this is not a new thing for me....I actually find some therapy in going to the shelters and helping around the holidays every year (not that they really need it on the holidays, though....most people seem to forget there are 364 other days in the year)

I will find a person or two on the street, and offer up a couple of jackets and some help, if they will accept it.....just gotta do what I can to make the world a little better.....

...I hope everyone has a safe holiday season!

One of my favorite holidays. I spend day on end planning and cooking for wife, children, mom, friends and anyone I know that doesnt have family to celebrate with. I am doing dinner this year at our lake house where it will be peaceful and a beautiful time of the year. Any of you guys that dont have any plans come on over!!!

remie said:
One of my favorite holidays. I spend day on end planning and cooking for wife, children, mom, friends and anyone I know that doesnt have family to celebrate with. I am doing dinner this year at our lake house where it will be peaceful and a beautiful time of the year. Any of you guys that dont have any plans come on over!!!

Well Z is having Spaghetti, and Evil is headed for a Happy meal so you may have two more willing guests :p:

Fmr jarhead said:
Wife and baby made impromptu plans to go to CA and have the dinner with family...I have to sit at home and take care of some business (1st and last Turkey day without my family)

I have spent many holidays away from family in the past, so this is not a new thing for me....I actually find some therapy in going to the shelters and helping around the holidays every year (not that they really need it on the holidays, though....most people seem to forget there are 364 other days in the year)

I will find a person or two on the street, and offer up a couple of jackets and some help, if they will accept it.....just gotta do what I can to make the world a little better.....

...I hope everyone has a safe holiday season!

I could cry to this post, even though you are doing very noble things, I guess you can take comfort in that..I wish you a happy and safe holiday!! :cry:

Thanksgiving is way over rated.
At least I think so,but I rarely get the chance to celebrate it.
Military always had to send me some damn where!!!

Zhukov said:
I don't like turkey. So on Thanksgiving I usually make spaghetti. It's become a tradition.

Well in that case happy Spaghetti Day???? Have some extra meatballs or sausage at least!! :sausage:

I am going to spend Thanksgiving Day with my two sons who are coming home (on leave) from Iraq. I dont care what we eat but I suspect it will be turkey with all the trimmings.

CSM said:
I am going to spend Thanksgiving Day with my two sons who are coming home (on leave) from Iraq. I dont care what we eat but I suspect it will be turkey with all the trimmings.

You probably can't wait to see them??

Bonnie said:
You probably can't wait to see them??

That is an understatement! I have had many tours overseas and always found it difficult to go home on leave and then have to go back. To go home for two weeks from a combat tour is unimaginable to me, but that is the 'new' Army I guess.

Heading back to New York City for Thanksgiving dinner with my family, my fiance, and the puppies!! I'm hoping they'll let me sit at the adult table this year.. fingers crossed! Also, my sister is bringing her girlfriend to the same dinner table as my uber-conservative grandma... I smell a sit-com!!! :mm:

nakedemperor said:
Heading back to New York City for Thanksgiving dinner with my family, my fiance, and the puppies!! I'm hoping they'll let me sit at the adult table this year.. fingers crossed! Also, my sister is bringing her girlfriend to the same dinner table as my uber-conservative grandma... I smell a sit-com!!! :mm:

Never thought of having puppies for Thanksgiving dinner...might be a nice change from poultry though!

JUST KIDDING DAMMIT!

nakedemperor said:

I remember the kiddie table which was a folding card table, and folding chairs...........LOL All us cousins :mm:

Forum List

Back