thanksgiving...at your house?

damn i would love me some prime rib...i dont get the fried turkey thing...i cook a large breast in a clay cooker...moist....hmmmm....crispy skin....does not take all day....okay i borrowed a springform pan...used alton browns recipe....and it has not cracked...looks damn good...i am glad i tasted thed batter...considering i had left out the sugar....quick correction and back on the road...i have made cranberry sauce...i need to make pies....but the damned cheesecake was in the over for 2.5 hours....

kids are coming over at 11 ish...(right....one doesnt get up till 2 pm...he works till 11 or so and plays that stupid ass game warcraft? ) okay i can do this...omg i am fucked the butternut squash cant go in with the clay cooker.....o hell.....o hell....okay i can work around this lol...

Last edited:
Dinner at my house tomorrow....with one group of people.

Then my sister, my mom, my son, his wife who should be, their baby, my daughter (who is at their house this week), possibly my brother-in-law on Friday.

Tomorrow will be lots of cooking. I cheat. I use pre-made pies, make it as easy as possible. I know. I'm horrible. I make my own gravy, though, and turkey, and mashed potatoes...but a friend is bringing a smoked turkey as well.

It's the flipping hors douvres (whore's duvers) that get me. I flipping HATE messing with them. Chips and clam dip, stuffed celery, olives, pickles...I think that's about it this year. I don't feel like making spanakopita after the month I've had, nor am I interested in assembling anything complicated. Plus I just don't have a good local deli.

Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (cooked, mashed, mixed with cream, butter, and brown sugar and a little cinnamon, put in a baking dish, topped with marshmallow, baked..mmmm...) cranberry sauce (jellied, screw making cranberry sauce. Another step I'm willing to skip). Rolls...I might actually make homemade rolls, I like to make them, they're pretty easy. Pies, shrimp or crab salad, peas, jello salad.

Oh god, I so don't want to make anything tonight. And I have to brine the stupid turkey.

Last edited:
The perfect Thanksgiving.

Me, my lovely wife and our 2 dogs.

A leisurely walk in the nearby state forest then a nice meal by the fireplace.

No family, no relatives, no one but us.

Perfect.

Turkey
Sweet Potato Caserole with Marshmallows
Cranberry Sauce
Stuffing
Apple Pie
Jack Daniels

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

its too early for eggnog...i simply refuse..plus i didnt get any rum....but eggnog is for the solstice....i start them on eggnog now....big old butter balls by solstice

Eggnog the minute it hits the shelves.

We've already gone through gallons of it.

We mix it with milk, though. Not rum. Rum just ruins it.

damn i would love me some prime rib...i dont get the fried turkey thing...i cook a large breast in a clay cooker...moist....hmmmm....crispy skin....does not take all day....okay i borrowed a springform pan...used alton browns recipe....and it has not cracked...looks damn good...i am glad i tasted thed batter...considering i had left out the sugar....quick correction and back on the road...i have made cranberry sauce...i need to make pies....but the damned cheesecake was in the over for 2.5 hours....

kids are coming over at 11 ish...(right....one doesnt get up till 2 pm...he works till 11 or so and plays that stupid ass game warcraft? ) okay i can do this...omg i am fucked the butternut squash cant go in with the clay cooker.....o hell.....o hell....okay i can work around this lol...

Dude, trye fried turkey once...you will never go back to traditional turkey again. I didnt believe this utnil I tried, but its so true.

Forum List

Back