thanksgiving...at your house?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
fighting a mild panic here....i dont have a good springform pan for the cheesecake nor do i have sour cream....dinner is early due to one of the kids plans....so now i am feeling a wee bit of pressure but alas....i will think of that tomorrow

so whats up at your place?

we are going traditional....turkey, cranberry, taters, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, cornbread, i am not much for stuffing...lava cakes, pumpkin pie, cheesecake and magic bars .....maybe the lava cakes can go..

Just the five of us unless my brother feels well enough to join us. The usual suspects will be at the table . . . turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed spuds, baked yams, peas, home made cornbread. Dessert . . . pumpkin pie and oreo parfait. We save the cheesecake for Christmas when there are more people to eat it. Otherwise . . . . oink, oink. lol

9 people at my house...turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes, buttermilk rolls, broccoli casserole, apple pie, pumpkin cake.

Brunch at one house then dinner at another. Of course we have to drag food everywhere. I'd rather just have it at my house.

My brother and his wife always have anywhere from 30 to 40 people at their house on Thanksgiving. He cooks a turkey, frys a turkey, makes a ham, has some sort of beef product. The wife makes a ton of sides, and of course everyone else brings something so there is a TON of food.

I fill up on all the appetizers, by the time we all sit down I may have some mashed potatoes with some butter and some homemade bread. Then I pig out on the over 20 desserts.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

We watch football, the kids put on a talent show, play 'Chase the Ace', we draw our names for Christmas, tell funny stories.

Good times, good times.

Brunch at one house then dinner at another. Of course we have to drag food everywhere. I'd rather just have it at my house.

We're running three places, also dragging food with us wherever we go. But I guess it's still better than cleaning up after everyone at my house.

2 turkeys 1 deep fried
1 deep fried , 10 lb prime rib Deep fried
Those are my responsibility I have know idea what anyone else is doing.
I dont even know how many peoplies are going to be here.
Ill be at work.

SHit I though I had an easy thread to rep and go to bootz but no
U have given to much .
Nothing new about that , as if I hadnt heard it before.

2 turkeys 1 deep fried
1 deep fried , 10 lb prime rib Deep fried
Those are my responsibility I have know idea what anyone else is doing.
I dont even know how many peoplies are going to be here.
Ill be at work.

Deep fried prime rib? Oh the humanity! :eek:

:(

fighting a mild panic here....i dont have a good springform pan for the cheesecake nor do i have sour cream...

Did you say that...

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD SPRINGFORM PAN???

And that...

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture1001-dramatic-gopher4-reverse.gif

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SOUR CREAM???

My husband is the cook but I get to get up at 4 am, clean, salt, grease the turkey, and break up the fresh Italian round loaf bread for the secret family stuffing receipt which is really good. Then husband wakes up and does everything else! All I get to do is enjoy the food and clean. Usually we go to family's house in NJ where 30 to 40 people so this year it will be nice just to have 4 of us. Of course we'll miss out on the family football game but then again no Excedrin this year! *laugh*

Turkey
Stuffing
Squash
Yams
M. Pot.
fresh green beans
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
cranberry
wine (his red, my vino Verde)

maybe I'll go out and pick up leaves...nah.

We are having ham and the usual suspects. This is the first year in the last three that my bff and her daughter and g kids are staying home. Usually i make myself a steak.

All you turkey fryers, be safe:

Eight Deep-Fried Turkey Disaster Videos [you're doing it wrong] – Eat Me Daily

Eight Deep-Fried Turkey Disaster Videos [you're doing it wrong]
November 12, 2009, 11:50 am 8 Comments

Under the sparkle and shine of every holiday lurks a certain amount of evil: The 4th of July has fireworks accidents, Christmas has decorative light electrical fires, Valentine's Day has awkward romantic gestures. Thanksgiving should be safe, apart from the inherent danger of simply being around your relatives for a full day. Safe, that is, until it occurred to someone to drop a whole turkey into a vat of molten peanut oil. And then oops, FIRE. A word to this wise? Defrost the turkey all the way, and dry that sucker off.

Below, eight videos of idiots nearly sending themselves, their homes, and their loved ones up in turkey-flavored flameballs (as well as a few staged explosions) listed in order from least to most flames.

My husband is the cook but I get to get up at 4 am, clean, salt, grease the turkey, and break up the fresh Italian round loaf bread for the secret family stuffing receipt which is really good. Then husband wakes up and does everything else! All I get to do is enjoy the food and clean. Usually we go to family's house in NJ where 30 to 40 people so this year it will be nice just to have 4 of us. Of course we'll miss out on the family football game but then again no Excedrin this year! *laugh*

Turkey
Stuffing
Squash
Yams
M. Pot.
fresh green beans
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
cranberry

I always get so hungry for Thanksgiving food when people talk about it like this but when the meal is all ready, I seem to get full easier. All that stuff you listed sounds just great.

Doing the fried turkey and ham thing. But this year I am going to use the oil again. Peanut oil is expensive.

So, next week, a fish fry, then a couple chickens, and maybe cornish hens.

Turkey
Stuffing
Squash
Yams
M. Pot.
fresh green beans
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
cranberry

I always get so hungry for Thanksgiving food when people talk about it like this but when the meal is all ready, I seem to get full easier. All that stuff you listed sounds just great.

Me too. Know what I like best about Thanksgiving (and why I like doing the cooking)? Leftovers. It always tastes better the next day.

Turkey
Stuffing
Squash
Yams
M. Pot.
fresh green beans
pecan pie
pumpkin pie
cranberry

Me too. Know what I like best about Thanksgiving (and why I like doing the cooking)? Leftovers. It always tastes better the next day.

Love leftovers. :)

Forum List

Back