Thanks, Vets and Active Duty folks...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
As a retired Navy CPO I understand all the hardships that you acitve duty, veterans and retired military folks went through or are going through now. Just wanted to say "Thanks" for all you do or did. I appreciate your service to our country.:clap2:

One on of the last trips my father and I took to Tombstone, AZ we were inside a shop looking around. I soon became bored and waited outside on a bench smoking a smoke while my Dad did his thing.

Next thing I knew, my Dad was walking up to me, and it was plain as day that he had tears in his eyes. I immediately got pissed and asked what happened. While buying whatever he bought he dug out his set of keys, which he carried his old dog tags on, in order to get to his spare change. The shop-keeper took notice of his dog tags, and asked him when/where he served. My dad told her that he was in Vietnam, and later worked security at what is now the Titan Missle museum outside Tucson. The lady then leaned over the counter gave him a hug and thanked him, and gave him half off whatever he was buying.

After telling me that, he said it was the first time that a stranger had said something about his service since after he got back from Vietnam and was in uniform inside a gas station. A hippie couple was behind him, and after he paid for his gas and turned around to leave, the hippie guy called him a "baby killer" and spat on his uniform.

I was pretty touched by the ladies kindness.

So to back up BBD, thanks service members past and present.

Forum List

Back