Thanks To Obama's Cuts The Russians Are Catching Up

Can anyone explain to me how the Russians have "caught up" ?

- We have the most powerful Air Force (and Naval Air) on earth
- We have the most advanced avionics
- We have the best missiles
- We have the best intelligence
- We have air superiority in any theater on earth

The Russians tried for 50 years to keep up with us and they couldn't. What makes you think they are our equal now or anytime in the forseeable future?

The Russians tried for 50 years to keep up with us and they couldn't. What makes you think they are our equal now or anytime in the forseeable future?

some just want America to fail.

We must be vigilant against enemies both domestic and foreign.

Any chance we can get a good Cold War started?

Any chance we can get a good Cold War started?

started? Seems it's still simmering.

One does not have to resort to conventional means of war to dismantle a country. You, of all people should know better.

Yet another thread on this topic, first lets get this straight the Presidents budget did not cut any MONEY, it CUT and re-tasked program(s) within NASA and the DoD. In fact the President raised the funding , so why then would Republicans be for any of that based on a fiscal level when it adds to the deficit and accomplishes NOTHING. Starting with the F-22 and ending it's production at 187 in favor of the F-35 which by the way is an average aircraft at best in terms of performance and the US Navy is calling into question operating costs on that aircraft and due to these factors Sec. Gates yesterday fired the program manager for the F-35 project and is holding back 614 million in funding until these issues are addressed. One of those issues is the F-35's failure to perform well against current Russian, American, and EU 4th generation fighters. The Cut in the Constellation program will result in the US after the shuttles last flight this year, having to rely on Russia to provide lifting and resupply needs to the ISS which is a several billion dollar US investment. Further the US will be unable for the forseeable future to service the HST ( Hubble Space Telescope) as well as communications, GPS, and it's own sat. networks without assistance. We will have launch only capability with the Delta series rockets but no manned capability . That is is a FACT. Now if those of you who think that "outsourcing" our space flight needs to other nations at the expense of American security, jobs, and science is a good thing, then by all means continue to celebrate mediocrity.

Last edited:
He is cutting spending. Isn't that what you want?
Sheesh, some will bitch if you hang them with a new rope.

You must be daffed.

I think cutting the nonessentials would be fine...but cutting our defense budget during two wars and in essence grounding us isn't exactly very bright.

Iran is sending rodents into space but we won't be able to send so much as a microbe into space without the Russians permission.

How quickly one skinny bastard can destroy everything that made this country great.

The technology that you use to communicate was made possible by advancements in space. Cell phones, computers, micro-chips. None of it would exist if it wasn't used to reduce weight on our spacecraft.

Last edited:

They just finished testing a stealth aircraft comparable to our F22 Rapter so now we're on the same playing field with them. They now have the only space program capable of delivering heavy payloads into space.

By the way....Chinese pilots can clean our clocks in dogfights so I wouldn't pound my chest too much if I were you.

He is cutting spending. Isn't that what you want?
Sheesh, some will bitch if you hang them with a new rope.

You must be daffed.

I think cutting the nonessentials would be fine...but cutting our defense budget during two wars and in essence grounding us isn't exactly very bright.

Iran is sending rodents into space but we won't be able to send so much as a microbe into space without the Russians permission.

How quickly one skinny bastard can destroy everything that made this country great.

The technology that you use to communicate was made possible by advancements in space. Cell phones, computers, micro-chips. None of it would exist if it wasn't used to reduce weight on our spacecraft.

You know Obama in fact increased defense spending, right?

Which defense firms will get lift from budget? | Reuters

Obviously you have been napping on the job because one of them currently works out of the Oval Office.

Not one speech he's given tells me he loves this country.

The only thing he talks about is how screwed up it's been. Yet he doesn't seem to have anything better to offer.

RW ...the best intel?.....i can see some people laughing at that......they have failed us a few times here.....

RW ...the best intel?.....i can see some people laughing at that......they have failed us a few times here.....

Are you kidding me?

The US has the best intelligence capability on earth. Satellite surveilance, NSA monitors millions of transmissions, AWACS, Electronic Warfare.....
In terms of air superiority....we know where you are before you know where we are

They just finished testing a stealth aircraft comparable to our F22 Rapter so now we're on the same playing field with them. They now have the only space program capable of delivering heavy payloads into space.

By the way....Chinese pilots can clean our clocks in dogfights so I wouldn't pound my chest too much if I were you.

Oh.....please

First off......Dogfights are a small portion of air superiority and rarely happen

Second......You are going to have to provide a link on the magnificent Chinese

Ya....he forgets about that little WMD thingy.

And what did that WMD thingy have to do with air superiority. We are talking about situational awareness type of intellegence as it relates to knowing where your enemy is and him knowing where you are

And what did that WMD thingy have to do with air superiority. We are talking about situational awareness type of intellegence as it relates to knowing where your enemy is and him knowing where you are

What I do know is that todays cutting edge, is tomorrows dinosaur. It's just not safe to cut that much out in NASA

We spend more on defense that every other country combined.

If we have anything to fear from the Russians (or anyone else), then we are getting the royal screw job from Congress, the Pentagon, and the defense contractors.

Are you kidding me?

The US has the best intelligence capability on earth. Satellite surveilance, NSA monitors millions of transmissions, AWACS, Electronic Warfare.....
In terms of air superiority....we know where you are before you know where we are

Not really...and our satellite program is going by the wayside because Obama cut funding for our Space program. We can't even launch a vehicle to capture them anymore.

But the best intel program I know of is Israeli Intelligence. Out of necessity they aren't political like ours is. Dumb-asses like Obama can't step in and destroy their capabilities over night.

Forum List

Back