Thanks To Cindy, Another Leaves The Dems

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It is hard to 'think' and be a democrat. The comments are pretty interesting, remember he has been writing as a dem for awhile:

http://www.scottrandolph.net/2005/08/17/cindy-sealed-the-deal/
August 17, 2005
Cindy sealed the deal.

I actually felt myself become a republican today. It was around 10am, when I read the latest update of the Cindy Sheehan saga in CNN.com. I then shot over to read some blogs about it, and perused the comments in some of them, which was nothing but a long series of petty (albeit entertaining) partisan bickering.

Then it happend. The good little democrat in me tied the little noose around his neck and jumped off the stool. He just couldn’t take it anymore.

Take what? The whining. The constant whining by the extreme left about the reasons for war, the incompetence of this administration, and how we’ve all been lied to, and how we should pull out of Iraq immediately, because, *gulp* our soldiers were in danger.

Guess what folks….they signed up to join the Army, not the boy scouts. Anytime your orientation to a new job involves an automatic weapon, you should be smart enough to figure out there’s danger involved. I actually read some people’s comments about many of the soldiers over there being naive….they weren’t expecting to go to war, so, they should be allowed to go home. Wow.

Soldiers know, when they enlist, that it is entirely possible they will be shipped out and never come home. It’s part of the job. The fact that people still walk in to recruiters’ offices and sign that piece of paper make them heroes. To imply that they are simple kids who didn’t know what they were getting into, or even worse, that they died for no reason, or an immoral reason, does a horrible thing. It strips their sacrifice of the honor that it deserves. Even though those folks sitting out there in the Texas fields claim to honor and support the soldiers, they obviously have been blinded by their own selfishness as to the real way to support them.

Because, long story short, we can’t end this war now. That would send the message that those bastardly little terrorists have won. It doesn’t matter if the adminstration told us the desert sand was made of gold, and we are going over there to collect it in little buckets to bring home, the concrete fact that we are at war doesn’t change. We are there, and we have a job to finish. We’ve toppled a regime that was dangerous not only to its own people, but also to the rest of the world. Now, we are there fighting the same terrorists we are fighting in Afghanistan. We’ve given liberty to millions of people, and we’re trying to help create a government, in an area that is very volatile, that will be a bastion of freedom and hope for an entire race of people. I hate the fact that our boys are getting killed over there, and I wish it didn’t have to happen.

But, it is, there’s nothing we can do about it, except for doing everything we can to offer support and hope to the folks fighting over there. Arguing and whining about the reasons we’re there, and the need to come home not only kills morale, but it is a complete waste of time.

I just re-read the above post, and I apologize for the rambling….just needed to vent a little. Here’s a breakdown of the way I see things:

-right or wrong, we’re at war. no amount of yelling will fix that now.
-we have to finish the job. HAVE TO. it may take another 1800 soldiers, but it has to be done
-whether or not we’re there for the right reason, we’ve done something great for that country

I never was a big fan of Bush. But, one thing I do believe….he honestly wants to make this country, and this world a better place. Think about it…the war almost cost him the election. If we hadn’t invaded Iraq, he’d have won in a landslide.

I think it’s just my personality that lead me to this decision. I think the left is too concerned with everyone’s immediate rights and needs, and refuses to sacrifice a bit of comfort and happiness in the present, for something that will make life better for everyone in the future. You can take the environmental stance on that, and I’d have no argument…but I think there enough conservatives concerned with that to make it a moot point.

Mostly, I’m just really pissed off. We’re in a crappy situation, and it’s time for all of America to stand together, put on the big boy pants, and get through the next few years.

She's showing, hopefuly a lot of Dem's, just what their party has gone to........HELL... :cool: :cheers2:

Stephanie said:
She's showing, hopefuly a lot of Dem's, just what their party has gone to........HELL... :cool: :cheers2:

The extremes of both side are stupid. The extreme left just happens to be more stupid. They are committing political suicide. If they would moderate their party they could easily take the white house in 08 but they are too stupid to do it. It's not as if the far left constituency will vote for republicans anyway. They would still prefer democrats. No doubt about that. The real problem in this country is that too many people use abortion as a litmus test for politics. Oh well screw it. I'm not going to complain if the liberals are screwing themselves

« Moving forward…….
HA HA! Work is…. »
It makes sense, now……
I really do empathize with Cindy Sheehan and the loss that she has suffered. I can understand her being angry and protesting. However, the shift in her story after the first meeting and the severed ties with other family members who want her to stop didn’t sit right with me. Until I came across some info that cleared it up.

It started with a press release Mrs. Sheehan issued, it was delivered by a spokesman woman person (whatever), which I didn’t think too unusual even though this was supposed to be some impromptu protest. The spokespersons name is Michelle Mulkey. Of course, I googled her, I love google. Seems she works for some outfit called Fenton Communications. Now I thought that this was strange, to have a professional PR firm handle her statements, and I do mean professional. Fenton Communications has a very impressive client list, such as the following:

American Lung Association
American Medical Association
United Nations Development Program
American Trial Lawyers Association
John F. Kennedy School of Government
and some other interesting ones as well:

Air America
Amnesty International
NARAL Pro-Choice America
MoveOn.org
Win Without War
Current TV (Al Gore)
Center for International Policy
“The Bubble of American Supremacy” (George Soros)
Turner Foundation
Tides Foundation
Heinz Family Foundation
Wow!!! That is quite a list, but only the stink that rose to the top of the heap when I went sniffing around. Go see the whole client list here.

Ms. Mulkey has a very impressive bio on the site:

MICHELLE MULKEY
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR
Michelle Mulkey, an account director at Fenton’s San Francisco office, has provided strategy, communications support and publicity on a range of public interest issues, including progressive politics, voting rights, public and children’s health, education reform and environmental protection.

As the lead strategist for Texans for Truth, the advocacy group that provided a Democratic answer to Swift Boat Veterans for Truth during the 2004 election, Mulkey helped expose President Bush’s missing year of service during the Vietnam War. During the 2004 election, she also worked for MoveOn PAC, Common Cause, NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation and People for the American Way on voter turnout and voting rights protection.

Mulkey leads Fenton’s work with Christian, Evangelical and interfaith groups to protect the environment. Her media outreach on behalf of the “What Would Jesus Drive?” and Detroit Project campaigns helped make fuel economy a hot-button issue. And she has placed clients including MoveOn.org and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. on “The Today Show,” “The O’Reilly Factor,” “CNN American Morning” and “Hardball,” among others. She has also served as a key staffer on education reform issues in California for the Hewlett Foundation.

Mulkey has a broad range of experience developing branding and communications strategy plans for groups including the Ad Council, Oregon Natural Resources Council and Save The Bay. She also provided research and legislative strategy for the Polly Klaas Foundation’s legislative agenda to protect kids from family abduction.

Mulkey graduated from Green Corps, an environmental leadership training program, after earning her B.A. in history from Pepperdine University.

Almost as impressive as her boss, Mr. David Fenton:

DAVID FENTON
CEO
David Fenton, named as “One of the 100 most influential P.R. people of the 20th Century” by PR Week magazine, founded Fenton Communications in 1982 to create issue-oriented public relations campaigns focusing on the environment, public health and human rights. Over the course of two decades, he has pioneered the use of professional P.R. and advertising techniques by nonprofit public interest groups in the United States and around the world.

Fenton is also a co-founder of three independent nonprofit organizations: Environmental Media Services, which coordinates communications activities for environmental groups; New Economy Communications, which works on human rights issues in the global economy; and the Death Penalty Information Center. Fenton was formerly director of public relations at Rolling Stone magazine and co-producer of the “No Nukes” concerts in 1979 with Bruce Springsteen, Bonnie Raitt and other artists. He is a native of New York City.

http://rcbeeson.com/kilabe/index.php/2005/08/18/it-makes-sense-now/

Powerman said:
The extremes of both side are stupid. The extreme left just happens to be more stupid. They are committing political suicide. If they would moderate their party they could easily take the white house in 08 but they are too stupid to do it. It's not as if the far left constituency will vote for republicans anyway. They would still prefer democrats. No doubt about that. The real problem in this country is that too many people use abortion as a litmus test for politics. Oh well screw it. I'm not going to complain if the liberals are screwing themselves

The extremes on both sides may be stupid, but the extremists on the left have control over the democrat party. Thats their problem. Plus they have to cater to some very bizarre groups, enviormental wackos, homosexuals, PETA, ACLU which defended NAMBLA which is a pedophile group,,,,,Michael, have another slice of pizza, Moore was the honored one at the DNC. STUPID< STUPID< STUPID

Forum List

Back