Thanks Ropey

Why is there no need to make medical isotopes? It Is permitted under the NPT

Why is there no need for you to take a hammer and hit yourself in the head?

It is permitted...

iaff4tk.jpg

Seventy three where we took Suez and knocked on the door of Cairo. Sadat hit himself in the head. It was permitted. He ended up coming to the Knesset after he made peace.

Still, there is no need for anyone to enrich for medical isotopes.

Thus, Iran is enriching for another reason.

Gee. Hmmmm.
Why is there no need to make medical isotopes?
It Is permitted under the NPT

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nuclear medicine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Duh. Of course it's permitted under the NPT. That isn't what I said. I said there is no reason to enrich uranium for medical isotopes.

There is an excess of HEU on the market as feedstock for medical isotope production. Nordion, in Canada, is the largest supplier of such isotopes. They get their HEU from the USA (20 kg per year) and don't use even half of that yearly HEU to produce the isotopes their market demands. Nordion's reactor did go down last year, but reactors in France, Australia, South Africa, etc. more than picked up the slack. Some isotopes are in greater demand than others that are in excess, but that demand is not met by producing more HEU (feedstock), rather by building more capacity of secondary processing units.

There are several points to note: Iran's enrichment facility's capacity is much larger than 20 kg of HEU based on the number of cascades they have built. If Iran is using their enrichment facility for medical isotope production, where are the necessary secondary processing units for this medical isotope production they claim to be doing? Right now, all they are doing is enriching uranium. The profit margin in Iran's claimed use of HEU is so very negative, one wonders why they would chose to make their own in a market running in excesses of feedstock.

Thus, I haven't bought and still don't buy Iran's claim about using the HEU for medical isotope production.

Maybe they prefer to make their own ? Canada could cut supplies at anytime and any American company would break sanctions by supplying Iran
The reason for the current supply shortage is Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd.'s decision to cancel the MAPLE project. The MAPLE reactors are complete and await final commissioning. The MAPLEs have created medical isotopes. The MAPLEs can be and should be brought into full service. We recognize that this requires external expertise and we are urging the Government to reconsider its decision to stop the MAPLE project.
David Akin's On the Hill :: MDS Nordion on cancelling MAPLEs: Wrong for Canada

Maybe they prefer to make their own ? Canada could cut supplies at anytime and any American company would break sanctions by supplying Iran

Here's my "maybe". Maybe they have a plan to end the Zionist entity. You know, the country they call Israel.

Your maybe is transparent. So is mine.

The reason for the current supply shortage is Atomic Energy of Canada Ltd.'s decision to cancel the MAPLE project. The MAPLE reactors are complete and await final commissioning. The MAPLEs have created medical isotopes. The MAPLEs can be and should be brought into full service. We recognize that this requires external expertise and we are urging the Government to reconsider its decision to stop the MAPLE project.
David Akin's On the Hill :: MDS Nordion on cancelling MAPLEs: Wrong for Canada
The MAPLE reactors are secondary processing units of HEU (ie. they take HEU as feedstock). Iran has none of those.

There is no shortage of HEU in the market.

The annual capacity of Iran's HEU enrichment facility (the one online) is much more than 20 kg. Nordion, the largest suppler of medical isotopes, uses only 10 kg/year of HEU.

There is not only zero profit in producing HEU using new capacity, there is a huge negative profit.

If you need me to clarify further my post above, please let me know.

Last edited:
It is all just fear mongering propaganda. Iran has no intention of nuking Israel.

Last edited:
It is all just fear mongering propaganda. Iran has no intention of nuking Israel.

You speak Farsi? You can't even form a coherent thought in English. :lol:

New York Times...
TEHRAN — Iran's conservative new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesdaythat Israel must be "wiped off the map"
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/26/world/africa/26iht-iran.html?_r=1

More fear mongering propaganda. Ahmadinejad stated that Israel will collapse like the Soviet Union or South Africa.

You speak Farsi? You can't even form a coherent thought in English. :lol:

New York Times...
TEHRAN — Iran's conservative new president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said Wednesdaythat Israel must be "wiped off the map"
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/26/world/africa/26iht-iran.html?_r=1

More fear mongering propaganda. Ahmadinejad stated that Israel will collapse like the Soviet Union or South Africa.

Er, the Times account of Ajad's speech calling for the wiping of Israel off the map was reported by a Farsi-speaking Iranian in conjunction with ISNA, the Iranian Student's News Agency inside Iran.

Go to the sandbox, stupid little boy.

Last edited:
This message is hidden because Marc39 is on your ignore list. :eusa_whistle:

Good idea. It keeps you from seeing long, irrelevant posts repeated over, and over, and over again.

You have zero reputational points. Who's irrelevant, again? :lol:

I don't post to satisfy Israel's lackeys.

It may well be The "poster" Marc39 Is just a reply Bot set up to read certain keywords to generate a reply, (all be it with a limited range), when it encounters a question outside it's limits it will generate a reply such as :cuckoo: or :clap2:

You have zero reputational points. Who's irrelevant, again? :lol:

I don't post to satisfy Israel's lackeys.

It may well be The "poster" Marc39 Is just a reply Bot set up to read certain keywords to generate a reply, (all be it with a limited range), when it encounters a question outside it's limits it will generate a reply such as :cuckoo: or :clap2:

Ho Say, you didn't think so when you tried to solicit sex from me, mariposa. :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxuSiC4wNw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxxuSiC4wNw[/ame]

Forum List

Back