Thanks Rick Scott...Florida voters wait 4 hours to vote

You're bitching about wait times for voting when people in the NE are suffering while they wait for food and fuel?? Fuckingwhackjob.

One has nothing to do with the other. People not being able to vote will not alter the hardships of any victims of Sandy. You are the whack job as well as all of your pals that thanked you for that stupid post.

I think if I wanted to vote bad enough I'd get my ass out of bed at 4am to make sure I'd be first in line.
Do the math? If someone gets off work at 5pm, they have up to 4 hours to get to the polls.
FWIW I live in Cali.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you would do because not everyone in this country has the same cookie-cutter schedule or lifestyle as everyone else. Voting should be made as convenient as possible, not as difficult as possible and that is exactly what Rick Scott is trying to do: make voting as difficult as possible for those who don't lead a cookie-cutter lifestyle.

It sure as heck does matter what I would do. If I can hand cast a vote after I get off a graveyard shift, get to a polling precinct before I show up for a swing shift, vote when I have a split shift or vote after I've worked an 18 hour day, then anyone can vote.

What do you think people did in the days before their was early, mail in or extended voting?
They got their asses to the polling precinct to make their vote count, if they cared.
Voting is a privilege and it is OUR responsibility to make sure we vote.

Yes sweetheart, and tell us, did you wait in line for 4 hours after you got off your graveyard shift or your split shift or after you worked an 18 hour day? Did you forget the point of this thread? That Florida (a la Rick Scott) is screwing it up.... again.....by making voting in that state a big, fat pain in the ass?

Voting's not a privilege btw. A Driver's License is a privilege. Voting is your civic duty . If you live in a nation such as ours, it is your duty to participate in it's government, if anything, at least to justify the deaths of all those who fought to protect this democracy.

On the last day of early voting in Florida, eager voters, many with chairs and other provisions, lined up for hour-long waits at voting locations throughout South Florida.

Voters still standing in line before 7 p.m. Saturday will get a chance to vote, but the line will be cut off after that time, according to Carolina Lopez, the spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade Elections Department.

She told NBC 6 South Florida that the average wait time in the county is four hours long.

Saturday is the Last Day to Vote Early In Florida | NBC 6 South Florida

whine fucking whine whydon'tya?

It will work out to our advantage.

All those voters who had to wait will vote Democratic in the next election for governor.

These idiots are assuming the people in line are voting for Obama. It would never occur to them that there will also be people in that crowd voting for Romney. But then logic and reason is not their strong suit.

When FL governor Jeb Bush saw lines like that, he extended early voting. So did FL Governor Charlie Christ. Not Governor Medicare fraud though. I don't see him getting a 2nd term.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you would do because not everyone in this country has the same cookie-cutter schedule or lifestyle as everyone else. Voting should be made as convenient as possible, not as difficult as possible and that is exactly what Rick Scott is trying to do: make voting as difficult as possible for those who don't lead a cookie-cutter lifestyle.

It sure as heck does matter what I would do. If I can hand cast a vote after I get off a graveyard shift, get to a polling precinct before I show up for a swing shift, vote when I have a split shift or vote after I've worked an 18 hour day, then anyone can vote.

What do you think people did in the days before their was early, mail in or extended voting?
They got their asses to the polling precinct to make their vote count, if they cared.
Voting is a privilege and it is OUR responsibility to make sure we vote.

Yes sweetheart, and tell us, did you wait in line for 4 hours after you got off your graveyard shift or your split shift or after you worked an 18 hour day? Did you forget the point of this thread? That Florida (a la Rick Scott) is screwing it up.... again.....by making voting in that state a big, fat pain in the ass?

Voting's not a privilege btw. A Driver's License is a privilege. Voting is your civic duty . If you live in a nation such as ours, it is your duty to participate in it's government, if anything, at least to justify the deaths of all those who fought to protect this democracy.

First, I am not your sweetheart.
Second, your attempt to be condescending toward me has failed.
Third, waiting in long lines is factual, regardless if you believe it or not. However, no, I didn't wait four hours in line to vote because I took responsibility by making sure I wouldn't have to.

Sorry, but voting IS a privilege. A privilege which can be taken away...think felons.
FairVote.org | Right to Vote Amendment (link swiped from Seawytch)

Jury duty is one's civic duty

Obtaining a drivers license is a privilege, not a right. A privilege which can be taken from a person if they don't heed driving laws.
Florida Driver’s Handbook - Driving Privilege

Florida also provides absentee voting; refers to voting on a ballot received by mail or picked up by or for a person who is unable or cannot go to the polls to vote during early voting or Election day.
I view this as a lack of personal responsibility if a voter did not request an absentee/mail in ballot. Absentee and Early Voting - Florida Division of Elections - Department of State

Obviously I didn't 'forget' your points in this thread.

You know there are some people for whom voting takes a lot of extra effort. Take migratory construction workers and electric linemen. In a lot of midwestern and northern states, they're over half the state away from where they have to vote. Yes there are other options, but that doesn't always make things easier. Or let's say more conducive to voting though that's the intent.

The fact is Rick Scott stopped Sunday voting for 1 reason...African Americans mobilize directly from their churches on that day. He knows it. I know it. Anyone reading this post knows it. My 96 year old aunt knows it. And he ought to be ashamed.

I thought you guys believed in seperation of church and state?

There are 21 constitutional amendments on the Fla ballot to make the voting wait longer, put on the ballot by the Fla. Rep legislature.

Also a Rep drive to remove three Fl supreme court justices to replace them with rubber stamp judges.

Very shameful, tacky politics.

There are only 12 amendments, not 21:

League of Women Voters of Florida • 2012 Constitutional Amendments

I don't believe they were added to the ballot to make voting take longer.

Nor is there a drive to remove Florida's supreme court judges.

I'm guessing you don't live here.

Yankees should shut up about what they don't know much about.

It is 12 amendments. Must be my dyslexia. Long worded though and is estimated to add 30 mins to an hour for the line wait, in addition to the added hours wait for less extended voting.

Also here is an article on the Fla supreme court justice vote. Reps want a rubber stamp court. So much for a balance in government branches.

I live in Fla also.

Republicans target three Florida Supreme Court justices - The Washington Post

Last edited:
Rick Scott is the Typical republican. I expect he nearly lost his mind when he saw all the minorities voting...HE HAD TO STOP THAT....But the court felt otherwise

how many days did that have to early vote, in TN it was 2-3 weeks, and you want an extra day?
Florida early voting extended in 1 county by judges orders | abc7chicago.com

I find it funny they only want a few counties open, why not all of them?

Just because democrats are stupid, wait til the last day and cant understand a ballot, doesnt make me feel sorry for them

I want 29 days of early voting in ALL states just like we do here in CA. We're open today for early voting. We were open Saturday and I even issued a couple of ballots for some folks that wandered in yesterday even though early voting wasn't open, we were just working on opening and scanning ballots.

Having only one day for millions of people to vote is STUPID.

The GOP and its stupid dupes are a disgrace as always...No one should hve to wait hours to vote. Funny how it's minorities and poor who have to...

hey Frankie if 1000 people show up at a place set up with 4 voting booths and your at the end of the line.....you just might be waiting.....and i dont care if your poor or rich....and even if they were able to set up 2-3 more booths.....your still waiting

how many days did that have to early vote, in TN it was 2-3 weeks, and you want an extra day?

Just because democrats are stupid, wait til the last day and cant understand a ballot, doesnt make me feel sorry for them

I want 29 days of early voting in ALL states just like we do here in CA. We're open today for early voting. We were open Saturday and I even issued a couple of ballots for some folks that wandered in yesterday even though early voting wasn't open, we were just working on opening and scanning ballots.

it's not one day
Broward County, FL Supervisor of Elections

Where does this crap come from?
and a month, hell no....2-3 weeks is enough

There are 21 constitutional amendments on the Fla ballot to make the voting wait longer, put on the ballot by the Fla. Rep legislature.

Also a Rep drive to remove three Fl supreme court justices to replace them with rubber stamp judges.

Very shameful, tacky politics.

Sounds like they might want to download and mark a sample ballot so they can save time in the booth. That's what I do if there is allot to consider, saves reading time.

This is very reasonable however most voters aren't this foresighted. Hope some people listen, tho. Thanks.

I have been voting absentee ballot for awhile now. I can read and fill out while drinking a pina colada pool side ... lol.

I think it would be nice if our entire method of voting was overhauled in this country. We put a man on the moon in 1969 for God's sake!!! But we vote like it's still 1869.

it's not one day
Broward County, FL Supervisor of Elections

Where does this crap come from?
and a month, hell no....2-3 weeks is enough

8 days in Florida obviously isn't enough. In 16 states there is NO early voting and it is severely restricted in many others. 29 days is what it should be for ALL states.

The GOP and its stupid dupes are a disgrace as always...No one should hve to wait hours to vote. Funny how it's minorities and poor who have to...

hey Frankie if 1000 people show up at a place set up with 4 voting booths and your at the end of the line.....you just might be waiting.....and i dont care if your poor or rich....and even if they were able to set up 2-3 more booths.....your still waiting
I would question the right of a thousand people in line to vote when there is only 4 voting booths for a limited time. The polls know how many people are in their district via the voter list they have.

This whole notion of early voting (if not absentee) strikes Me as wrong. Go to the polls when everyone else does. It cuts down on the possibility of criminal activity and voter fraud.

I think it would be nice if our entire method of voting was overhauled in this country. We put a man on the moon in 1969 for God's sake!!! But we vote like it's still 1869.

i dont know Rinata.....in a thread a while back i said i vote absentee weeks in advance.....the reaction i got was as if i had farted on a closed up elevator....:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back