Thanks Rick Scott...Florida voters wait 4 hours to vote

Which is why early voting needs to be expanded and not decreased. People in shit, low wage jobs don't usually have bosses that will let them take 2 hours off to vote. This is why cutting early voting disenfranchises the poor and minorities who have these crap jobs with crap bosses.

Polls are open from 7am to 9pm? Nobody gets a lunch break or can vote before or after their hourly scheduled 'low wage' job?

People in good high wage jobs usually work their asses off during polling hours.

Not if they have to wait four or five hours to vote. Voting should not be like trying to get tickets to a Justin Beber concert. You should not have to camp out for hours just to vote.

Which is why early voting needs to be expanded and not decreased. People in shit, low wage jobs don't usually have bosses that will let them take 2 hours off to vote. This is why cutting early voting disenfranchises the poor and minorities who have these crap jobs with crap bosses.
A lie. It does not matter what bosses think. The law permits people to take time to vote.

10 pages or 1, if you know how to read, then getting through the ballot isn't difficult. If you can't read......well, blame the Democrats for supporting teacher wages over your eduction.

State laws vary for time off. It is NOT federal law and in many states it is not paid time off.
You want it to be paid time off? wow...

They [laws] may vary, but no employer can stop you from voting. And very few people (none of the poor) work so many hours that they are at work the entire time that polls are open.

This is a non-issue. I am beginning to think that people are deliberately doing this so that they can get some attention or to fuck with the system.

The election has been well known, for over 220 years.

Polls are open from 7am to 9pm? Nobody gets a lunch break or can vote before or after their hourly scheduled 'low wage' job?

People in good high wage jobs usually work their asses off during polling hours.

Not if they have to wait four or five hours to vote. Voting should not be like trying to get tickets to a Justin Beber concert. You should not have to camp out for hours just to vote.
then don't be a lemming and go vote in the off hours instead of waiting to the last minute like everyone else.

Just how hard is it to think for yourself?

then don't be a lemming and go vote in the off hours instead of waiting to the last minute like everyone else.

You haven't been paying any attention to this thread, have you? Even special Willow pointed out that there are over a dozen states with no early voting.

A lie. It does not matter what bosses think. The law permits people to take time to vote.

10 pages or 1, if you know how to read, then getting through the ballot isn't difficult. If you can't read......well, blame the Democrats for supporting teacher wages over your eduction.

State laws vary for time off. It is NOT federal law and in many states it is not paid time off.
You want it to be paid time off? wow...

They [laws] may vary, but no employer can stop you from voting. And very few people (none of the poor) work so many hours that they are at work the entire time that polls are open.

This is a non-issue. I am beginning to think that people are deliberately doing this so that they can get some attention or to fuck with the system.

The election has been well known, for over 220 years.

Educate yourself.

http://www.findlaw.com/voting-rights-law.html

What do you think? Polling places are right next door to where one works? With people waiting in line for hours to vote, one hour for lunch doesn't quite cut it. If someone works 8:00am-5:00pm with an hour for lunch.... you do the math.

I think if I wanted to vote bad enough I'd get my ass out of bed at 4am to make sure I'd be first in line.
Do the math? If someone gets off work at 5pm, they have up to 4 hours to get to the polls.
FWIW I live in Cali.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you would do because not everyone in this country has the same cookie-cutter schedule or lifestyle as everyone else. Voting should be made as convenient as possible, not as difficult as possible and that is exactly what Rick Scott is trying to do: make voting as difficult as possible for those who don't lead a cookie-cutter lifestyle.

Well it would be great if one could vote with an absentee ballot but from what I hear, that hasn't been very easy in Florida either.

You're bitching about wait times for voting when people in the NE are suffering while they wait for food and fuel?? Fuckingwhackjob.

he's a dumbass pussy and Obamabot.....I've never seen him criticise OBama or any liberal democrat. never, not even as a joke

but I'm glad he brought that up.....Florida has a HUGE ballot, something Chris doesnt know, because details dont matter to him. It is very very long and has a ton of shit to vote for. that's why the lines are long, it would be just as long with a democrat and chris would be kissing his ass.

The good news is, if Rick Scott thought he was hurting Republican voters, he wouldn't make them wait 4 hours in line. You know these voters are Democrats.

Good on them for throwing Scott's shit right back in his face and waiting in those lines.

The good news is, if Rick Scott thought he was hurting Republican voters, he wouldn't make them wait 4 hours in line. You know these voters are Democrats.

Good on them for throwing Scott's shit right back in his face and waiting in those lines.

What a nice, obviously false and partisan attack......I love how you dont understand Florida's vote and how libtards whine about things that EVERYONE goes through

What do you think? Polling places are right next door to where one works? With people waiting in line for hours to vote, one hour for lunch doesn't quite cut it. If someone works 8:00am-5:00pm with an hour for lunch.... you do the math.

I think if I wanted to vote bad enough I'd get my ass out of bed at 4am to make sure I'd be first in line.
Do the math? If someone gets off work at 5pm, they have up to 4 hours to get to the polls.
FWIW I live in Cali.

The thing is, it doesn't matter what you would do because not everyone in this country has the same cookie-cutter schedule or lifestyle as everyone else. Voting should be made as convenient as possible, not as difficult as possible and that is exactly what Rick Scott is trying to do: make voting as difficult as possible for those who don't lead a cookie-cutter lifestyle.

It sure as heck does matter what I would do. If I can hand cast a vote after I get off a graveyard shift, get to a polling precinct before I show up for a swing shift, vote when I have a split shift or vote after I've worked an 18 hour day, then anyone can vote.

What do you think people did in the days before their was early, mail in or extended voting?
They got their asses to the polling precinct to make their vote count, if they cared.
Voting is a privilege and it is OUR responsibility to make sure we vote.

You know there are some people for whom voting takes a lot of extra effort. Take migratory construction workers and electric linemen. In a lot of midwestern and northern states, they're over half the state away from where they have to vote. Yes there are other options, but that doesn't always make things easier. Or let's say more conducive to voting though that's the intent.

The fact is Rick Scott stopped Sunday voting for 1 reason...African Americans mobilize directly from their churches on that day. He knows it. I know it. Anyone reading this post knows it. My 96 year old aunt knows it. And he ought to be ashamed.

The Florida Democratic Party filed a federal lawsuit early Sunday over the extended delays some south Florida voters faced during the last official day of early voting on Saturday, when some who turned out to vote waited as long as six hours to cast their ballots.

However, it's not clear what more can be done about the situation at this late date and the three counties the Democrats sued seem to be offering the only specific relief sought in the suit—allowing voters to vote in person at each county's central elections office through Tuesday.

Miami-Dade County election officials announced that they would allow in-person absentee voting on Sunday afternoon from 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. It's something of an end-run around the Florida legislature's effort to reduce early voting days to eight from a maximum of 14 previously. Democrats have complained about the changes, calling them a Republican effort to disenfranchise voters, especially attendees of black churches who had bussed parishoners to the polls on the Sunday before Election Day. Defenders of the changes said the 14 days of early voting were too costly and distracting for election organizers.

However, the Miami-Dade office closed its doors around 2 P.M., saying the staff and equipment were overwhelmed by demand, the Miami Herald reported. The office reopened later in the afternoon, but the closure angered about 180 potential voters who were locked out, the newspaper said. The Herald later reported that the interruption was due in part to objections from Miami Mayor Carlos Gimenez, who said he'd not been consulted about the change.

Democrats file federal lawsuit over South Florida early voting waits - POLITICO.com

Rick Scott is as popular in Florida as bat boy.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz%2Bscott.jpg

Bat_Boy.PNG

on the last day of early voting in florida, eager voters, many with chairs and other provisions, lined up for hour-long waits at voting locations throughout south florida.

Voters still standing in line before 7 p.m. Saturday will get a chance to vote, but the line will be cut off after that time, according to carolina lopez, the spokeswoman for the miami-dade elections department.

She told nbc 6 south florida that the average wait time in the county is four hours long.

saturday is the last day to vote early in florida | nbc 6 south florida
The Horror, The Horror!!!

On the last day of early voting in Florida, eager voters, many with chairs and other provisions, lined up for hour-long waits at voting locations throughout South Florida.

Voters still standing in line before 7 p.m. Saturday will get a chance to vote, but the line will be cut off after that time, according to Carolina Lopez, the spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade Elections Department.

She told NBC 6 South Florida that the average wait time in the county is four hours long.

Saturday is the Last Day to Vote Early In Florida | NBC 6 South Florida

man AIN'T LIFE A BITCH
:eusa_boohoo:

So you don't think it's a problem that people cannot vote??? Why not??

Forum List

Back