Thanks Privatizers...

Washinton State recently voted to privatize liquor sales and get the state out of the liquor buisness.

Results?

A bottle of your favorite hooch costs 50% more.

Availability?... Not so much. State used to stock EVERYTHING.

Private sellers? They only stock the fast movers.

Thanks to you assholes that think privatizing is better.

Did I mention how much I hate you people?

Liquor privatization in Washington state upheld | KING5.com Seattle

You need some ointment.

What the liquor industry needs are price controls, regulation, rationing, and state civil servants with collective bargaining rights to run them at a loss...............For the people !!!!!!!! lol

every time we privatize things will increase in price.

It means profit has to be added to the price.

Its common fucking sense

You generalize too well...but you do make proper reference to the government not making a profit. The government is not driven to make a profit. The government can always raise taxes for the income it needs to keep paying lazy assholes for doing basically nothing! We have too many government employees and too many government dependents.

which is why privatizing adds to the price of things.

You cant add profit without increasing the price of something

Washinton State recently voted to privatize liquor sales and get the state out of the liquor buisness.

Results?

How do you know it's 50% more? I doesn't go on sale in stores until June 1st. Of course you can always go to Idaho or Oregon where it has been cheaper for years.

Also liquor stores are going to open up in the state and offer the wide varieties of alcohol, not just the fast moving stuff, just like California and Nevada.

50% might be an exaggeration in some cases. Overall it appears that 20-30% is more likely. The fact is that the state was doing a good job already and the only thing gained by the public is a few more locations and a lot more cost.

This is the exact story that I saw the other night.

As private liquor stores open, prices could go up | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

Calling names is not a defense

Glad you finally realized that.

Do you really know if Washington States liquor prices will rise or fall? You claim privatizing it will raise the price, Huggy claims by 50%, but it has yet to happen.

Its common fucking sense

You generalize too well...but you do make proper reference to the government not making a profit. The government is not driven to make a profit. The government can always raise taxes for the income it needs to keep paying lazy assholes for doing basically nothing! We have too many government employees and too many government dependents.
She's a nitwit.

With state stores, the state takes the retail mark-up (which is often more than that in private retail states) and piles sales tax on top.

What the liquor industry needs are price controls, regulation, rationing, and state civil servants with collective bargaining rights to run them at a loss...............For the people !!!!!!!! lol

That's where some loons are probably heading with this.:lol:

Results?

How do you know it's 50% more? I doesn't go on sale in stores until June 1st. Of course you can always go to Idaho or Oregon where it has been cheaper for years.

Also liquor stores are going to open up in the state and offer the wide varieties of alcohol, not just the fast moving stuff, just like California and Nevada.

50% might be an exaggeration in some cases. Overall it appears that 20-30% is more likely. The fact is that the state was doing a good job already and the only thing gained by the public is a few more locations and a lot more cost.

As private liquor stores open, prices could go up | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
No, they weren't doing a good job.

When I was in Seattle, the liquor prices were easily 20%-25% higher than in places like Colorado and California, and the beer selection (available only in grocery/convenience stores) sucked ass.

In fact, the cost of living in general in WA is insane.

Its common fucking sense

Yep. Only facilitate the conditions and therefore the means for commerce to happen that ultimately benefits citizens...and has an after affect of raising revenue so government may operate.

Good, the state shouldn't be in the liquor business or the cigarette business or what have you.

Why should your taxes subsidize people's drinking habits?

Immie

Results?

Time will tell, my guess is Costco will be cheaper. But I did notice the state is going to take more in fees, that can't help.

Results?

So you are upset that the state is no longer subsidizing your alcohol problem?

Grow up.

Forum List

Back