Thanks Obamacare!

Well the New Year is here and I am now able to put my 23 yr old son back on my health insurance plan. Saves us $1800 a year in premiums

Those with pre-existing conditions and who are over their lifetime cap must be happy too

one more time- this 1800....so the ins. co. out of the goodness of their hearts has extended coverage to your son....? you no longer pay 1800?
They decided to forgo $1800 ,,,why?

Can you believe there are people in this country so ignorant and self-involved that they believe the only way to medical care paradise is to have a third party pay their bills, and that a federal gubmint that has never contained costs for anything will now make such medical services less expensive?

Well, believe it. :lol::lol::lol:

Obamacare is not administered by the Federal Government...it pools all Americans who then select PRIVATE insurance.

Insurance has always worked from others paying your bills. Some people pay and pay and never use it while a smaller percentage use massive amounts of the insurance dollar and pay very little
:lol::lol::lol:

the big lie never fails.....yup, you bought it-

we will cover everyone ( but that unfortunate 20 million but fuc them ,we 'won') extending care to another 30 million AND provide better service AND save money....

you believe this, you're deranged.

What is deranged about providing insurance coverage to those who need it?

You post once again demonstrates the rightwing attitude of "I got mine....fuck everyone else"

Obamacare is not administered by the Federal Government...it pools all Americans who then select PRIVATE insurance.

Insurance has always worked from others paying your bills. Some people pay and pay and never use it while a smaller percentage use massive amounts of the insurance dollar and pay very little

we will cover everyone ( but that unfortunate 20 million but fuc them ,we 'won') extending care to another 30 million AND provide better service AND save money....

You post once again demonstrates the rightwing attitude of "I got mine....fuck everyone else"

On the backs of others I see something very wrong with it.

Well the New Year is here and I am now able to put my 23 yr old son back on my health insurance plan. Saves us $1800 a year in premiums

Those with pre-existing conditions and who are over their lifetime cap must be happy too

one more time- this 1800....so the ins. co. out of the goodness of their hearts has extended coverage to your son....? you no longer pay 1800?

God knows I appreciate all that insurance companies do for us. They set up the system where people who work for large companies get favorable rates while those who are self employed or work for small companies get screwed.
Obamacare was a handout to the nice people in the Health Insurance Business. They spent billions to kill the Public Option because they knew it would drive down their rates.
One of the concessions they had to make for killing the public option was agreeing to a new framework of rules

This is one of them

On the backs of others I see something very wrong with it.

Yes, on the backs of others
That is how insurance has always worked. It is one big collective where the few benefit from the contributions of the many

And how bout that name for this monstrosity. OBAMACARE.

ain't that Obama just grand, he gonna take CARE of us all.:lol:

You understand that's the right's branding of it, don't you? It has a real name that has nothing to do with Obama, you just don't use it.

isn't that what rightwingnut propagandists do?

you mean the msm? because they carry that water. Blaming anyone but them is imho a stretch.

if this thing was an apparent success these comment son the name would never have been made because they wouldn't now be trying to distance themselves from it and change anything.

and I can clearly remember Dems in 93 using the the appellation HILLARYCARE .

Can you believe there are people in this country so ignorant and self-involved that they believe the only way to medical care paradise is to have a third party pay their bills, and that a federal gubmint that has never contained costs for anything will now make such medical services less expensive?

Well, believe it. :lol::lol::lol:

Really? Care to explain this?

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases ? HealthCare Notes | HealthCare.gov

what does that have to do with his point?

The folks schlepping on the system were the folks with group coverage available, or the ability to pay for private ins. who chose not to carry it. They'd rather drink and have a good time with the money. If they got in a serious car crash, as a moral matter the society already said they would treat the schlep and pick up the tab, so the schlep took advantage of the society by failing to pay his way. He won, and if he got in the wreck or got cancer, the society paid his way. That has to end. That was the schlepper.

If the policy had been, no insurance, no treatment and you die, they would have paid, or died. But we've declared ourselves moral and would not let them die. If we must treat you, you must pay into the system.

Last edited:

Really? Care to explain this?

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases ? HealthCare Notes | HealthCare.gov

what does that have to do with his point?

Here's the point
Obamacare is not administered by the Federal Government

If the federal government is not adminstering obamacare why is the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services sending out letters telling people to stop with giving out any misinformation?

If the federal government is not adminstering obamacare why is the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services sending out letters telling people to stop with giving out any misinformation?

Sebelius is a politician. Rate review remains a state responsibility, as it's always been.

do you believe (in) this premise, yes or no?

-care is extended to another 30 million
-better care
- they will save money....

yes....or ...no?

Obamacare recognizes there are savings in volume

The larger your insurance pool ..the bigger your savings. Can you believe there are people in this country who are so self centered that they do not want their fellow Americans to be able to receive medical care if they become ill?

Thankfully, Obamacare is now the law of the land. People like my son, who are just starting out can now be covered under their parents healthcare and not be price gouged by going on the market as a single insured

Thanks Obamacare!

:clap2:

You should be thanking the middle class Americans who are subsidizing you, NOT 0bamacare...

Although I am not surprised you would be thanking daddy gubmint... It's in your blood...

Obamacare recognizes there are savings in volume

The larger your insurance pool ..the bigger your savings. Can you believe there are people in this country who are so self centered that they do not want their fellow Americans to be able to receive medical care if they become ill?

Thankfully, Obamacare is now the law of the land. People like my son, who are just starting out can now be covered under their parents healthcare and not be price gouged by going on the market as a single insured

Thanks Obamacare!

:clap2:

You should be thanking the middle class Americans who are subsidizing you, NOT 0bamacare...

Although I am not surprised you would be thanking daddy gubmint... It's in your blood...

Can you imagine that!

Obamacare is a government program that actually helps struggling middle class Americans.

Imagine being gravely ill and told your benefits have run out
Imagine surviving cancer as a child and being told nobody wants to cover you as an adult
Imagine struggling with a small business and finding you are priced out of health insurance
Imagine having to file for bankruptcy because of healthcare bills?

Thanks Obamacare!

-better care

yes....or ...no?

I believe the market will adjust to the increase in covered patients

Sebelius is a politician. Rate review remains a state responsibility, as it's always been.

Sebelius is a politician? NON ANSWER.

I take it you did not read the letter.
just a portion from that letter.
Later this fall, we will issue a regulation that will require state or federal review of all potentially unreasonable rate increases filed by health insurers, with the justification for increases posted publicly for consumers and employers. We will also keep track of insurers with a record of unjustified rate increases: those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014. Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections.

Later this fall, we will issue a regulation that will require state or federal review of all potentially unreasonable rate increases filed by health insurers, with the justification for increases posted publicly for consumers and employers. We will also keep track of insurers with a record of unjustified rate increases: those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014. Simply stated, we will not stand idly by as insurers blame their premium hikes and increased profits on the requirement that they provide consumers with basic protections.

That regulation was issued a week or two ago. It says what I just said: states will define and determine unreasonable rate increases for themselves. As with the rest of ACA, states have a huge degree of autonomy in implementing rate review.

God knows I appreciate all that insurance companies do for us. They set up the system where people who work for large companies get favorable rates while those who are self employed or work for small companies get screwed.
Obamacare was a handout to the nice people in the Health Insurance Business. They spent billions to kill the Public Option because they knew it would drive down their rates.
One of the concessions they had to make for killing the public option was agreeing to a new framework of rules

This is one of them

thats not an answer to my question(s)-

again-

you pay $0.00 for your sons coverage which he has now been enrolled in due to Obama care.

correct?

-you have 'saved' $1800.00 in Premiums , because this would have been the price if YOU paid?

correct?

- Who paid the ins. co. the $1800.00 to cover your son?

That regulation was issued a week or two ago. It says what I just said: states will define and determine unreasonable rate increases for themselves. As with the rest of ACA, states have a huge degree of autonomy in implementing rate review.

so why was there a speech on Zero Tolerance on this issue from Sibelius?

-better care

yes....or ...no?

I believe the market will adjust to the increase in covered patients

is that a yes or no-

care will be better? yes or no?

it will save money? yes or no?

thanx.

So the fedural government will regulate?
Later this fall, we will issue a regulation that will require state or federal review

Shut up and do as we say or we will put you out of busniess.
those plans may be excluded from health insurance Exchanges in 2014

Forum List

Back