Thanks Obamacare!

Here's a way to get that down...Buy catastrophic-only coverage with a high deductible, and take the expenses for things like routine doctor visits out of pocket.

It's amazing how inexpensive life can get when you actually pay your own way.

So is that a yes, or no?
That's a no....The cynically dubbed "public option" is a pure scam.

There simply is no right to a third-party payor for your bills, no matter how many disingenuous Orwellian words you want to wrap around it.

No, you don't object, or no you don't approve?

Isn't all insurance a third-party payer? Do you then feel all insurance should be illegal?

And I'm not talking about anything that's been proposed. Strictly hypotheticals. Public option, not-for-profit but 100% premium-funded, with no taxpayer subsidies.

If still you object, what of the same exact thing but rather than government-administered, simply a private non-profit by a group of wealthy philanthropists... Again in a hypothetical world where it would in fact be non-profit. (I ask this one because I'm surprised one doesn't already exist)

No you're clueless. When you don't have the money for the basics of life you do not go out and buy things like wireless phone service, new tv go to the hair dresser, designer clothes, new car. You are totaly out of the reim of reality. When money is short you cut the non needed items and use your money on things you need.

OH and by the way, it's not a myth, I see it with my own eyes everytime I go pay a bill, such as water electric. Or I over hear at the bank about someone asking help for bounced checks.

basic cell service is a necessity.

do you know if they have landlines as well?

you know, since you know who *they* are.

personally, i've never bounced a check. but i know that lots of people with money

who are these people and how do you know *they* have no money for basics? other than the color of their skin, of course.

Wouldn't someone have a land line phone if they were paying the phone bill?

But let's just go on the opsumtion they don't have a landline, why the need for the new phone? They are close to 300.00 just for the phone.

Why would someone who has money go and ask for an extention to prevent their utliites from being shut off?

no. they could have been paying their cell phone bill. d'uh.

and phones are renewable every two years at a discount. i got two blackberry storm2's last time around for $80.

sometimes people have unanticipated expense. for someone who doesn't make huge money, a medical bill can take up the phone money for the month.

that's why.

you win what?

you couldn't of PAYED me at 23 to go back and SUCK off my parents. but I guess the times have changed.

1, being on your parents policy doesn't constitute sucking off them. Whether they pay for it or not does, regardless of whether you're on their policy or your own.

so if they pay it is moochinig, if they don't....who pays then?

2, don't know how old you are, but I can venture a guess that the job market wasn't as shitty as it is now.

if unemployment was around 5% you'd be okay with dropping this?

So is that a yes, or no?

There simply is no right to a third-party payor for your bills, no matter how many disingenuous Orwellian words you want to wrap around it.

Isn't all insurance a third-party payer? Do you then feel all insurance should be illegal?

And I'm not talking about anything that's been proposed. Strictly hypotheticals. Public option, not-for-profit but 100% premium-funded, with no taxpayer subsidies.

If still you object, what of the same exact thing but rather than government-administered, simply a private non-profit by a group of wealthy philanthropists... Again in a hypothetical world where it would in fact be non-profit. (I ask this one because I'm surprised one doesn't already exist)
In the hypothetical, I'd want to just check out and go live with John Galt in his gulch.

But you feel free to keep designing your unicorn ranch.

We should all be THANKFUL that our Federal Guberment has a MAJIC WAND and poof it has all the money it needs to take care of you poor working stiffs..:lol:

Federal money isn't being used to extend dependent coverage.

whos paying for it?the state? :eusa_whistle:

....here we go again, are we going to go through the 8 post exchange as we did last time on this very topic before you admit who's paying for what for this option?

you win what?

You couldn't of payed me at 23 to go back and suck off my parents. But i guess the times have changed.

1, being on your parents policy doesn't constitute sucking off them. Whether they pay for it or not does, regardless of whether you're on their policy or your own.

2, don't know how old you are, but i can venture a guess that the job market wasn't as shitty as it is now.

you shouldn't ask the moochers the hard questions they will blow a fuse trying to lie their way out of it.

you win what?

you couldn't of PAYED me at 23 to go back and SUCK off my parents. but I guess the times have changed.

2, don't know how old you are, but I can venture a guess that the job market wasn't as shitty as it is now.

If they don't pay, I'm suggesting that the child pays it. Whose plan it is is irrelevant. If someone's mooching off their parents, that's a private matter and 'Obamacare' has nothing to do with it.

And no, I would never be Ok with the manner in which HC is currently administered in this country. The amount of care you receive should not be determined by how much you can pay, and nobody should become more wealthy by finding a reason to deny your coverage, whether you did or didn't violate something on page 171 of your contract.

Of course, that indiscretion was ignored for years while you were profitable... They didn't start looking for it until you suddenly became a burden. It sickens me.

I don't think the current plan is a cure-all by any means. In fact, I'd say overall that I'm dissatisfied with the way it panned out. But it is a start.

In the hypothetical, I'd want to just check out and go live with John Galt in his gulch.

But you feel free to keep designing your unicorn ranch.

Are you saying that, based on your belief that it won't happen, you can't even provide a valid response to my question?

Not only was it not read, it was not even written, by Baucus. He has admitted that. I wll find it for you but for now, I am saying *Bygones* to this thread of nothing learned.

Happy New Year. :)

Baucus said he didn't read the legislative language. As I said, his Chairman's Mark was written in plain English because that's how the Finance committee does it (you could argue that all committees in Congress should do that). He and his staff wrote and designed the policy, which can be laid out in about 200 pages. Once that's marked up (i.e. edited by the committee), they hand it over to committee staff lawyers who translate it into legislative language, which is the dry legal language that makes it into the U.S. Code. That's how 200 pages of policy turns into 2,000 pages of text.

Legislators write policy, their lawyers write the actual laws. Claiming Baucus didn't write the substance (policy) in his bill because a team of lawyers turned it into legalese is disingenuous.

My gawd, can you believe people actually crow about living off the backs of others via the Federal Guberment.

Isn't it great when government does things to help working people rather than just for the super wealthy?
When will that be? The Gubamint gave waivers to the "Super Wealthy" so guess who pays for your kids health care?

Middle Class.

Thanks asshole.

Obamacare recognizes there are savings in volume

The larger your insurance pool ..the bigger your savings. Can you believe there are people in this country who are so self centered that they do not want their fellow Americans to be able to receive medical care if they become ill?

Thankfully, Obamacare is now the law of the land. People like my son, who are just starting out can now be covered under their parents healthcare and not be price gouged by going on the market as a single insured

Thanks Obamacare!

:clap2:

Isn't it great when government does things to help working people rather than just for the super wealthy?
When will that be? The Gubamint gave waivers to the "Super Wealthy" so guess who pays for your kids health care?

Middle Class.

Thanks asshole.

The larger your insurance pool ..the bigger your savings. Can you believe there are people in this country who are so self centered that they do not want their fellow Americans to be able to receive medical care if they become ill?

Thankfully, Obamacare is now the law of the land. People like my son, who are just starting out can now be covered under their parents healthcare and not be price gouged by going on the market as a single insured

Thanks Obamacare!

Can you believe there are people in this country so ignorant and self-involved that they believe the only way to medical care paradise is to have a third party pay their bills, and that a federal gubmint that has never contained costs for anything will now make such medical services less expensive?

Well, believe it. :lol::lol::lol:

If they don't pay, I'm suggesting that the child pays it. Whose plan it is is irrelevant. If someone's mooching off their parents, that's a private matter and 'Obamacare' has nothing to do with it.

And no, I would never be Ok with the manner in which HC is currently administered in this country. The amount of care you receive should not be determined by how much you can pay, and nobody should become more wealthy by finding a reason to deny your coverage, whether you did or didn't violate something on page 171 of your contract.

Of course, that indiscretion was ignored for years while you were profitable... They didn't start looking for it until you suddenly became a burden. It sickens me.

I don't think the current plan is a cure-all by any means. In fact, I'd say overall that I'm dissatisfied with the way it panned out. But it is a start.

obamacare has nothing to do with it? WOW talk about stupid. Iobamacare is allowing it to happen. Without it it would never happen.

okay, thx.

he amount of care you receive should not be determined by how much you can pay,

thx for saying it straight out, and this is were the bough breaks....truly.

we know there will never be enough access care/treatments for everyone, this is a given, ....how should what we do have, be apportioned?

What is the go, no go benchmark?

Last edited:

Middle Class.

Thanks asshole.

Thanks Obamacare!

Can you believe there are people in this country so ignorant and self-involved that they believe the only way to medical care paradise is to have a third party pay their bills, and that a federal gubmint that has never contained costs for anything will now make such medical services less expensive?

You think private insurance has been doing a good job controlling healthcare costs???

No, they have been accelerating at twice the rate of inflation for two decades. Could anyone do WORSE than private ins. did? Medicare did better controlling costs the last two decades.

collective bargaining brings down the price. fact of life. i have better coverage now and pay far less for it.

a large pool J, brings down the price in that context.

as for objective thought, let me know when you think about the real-life ramifications of the dickensian nightmare you think passes for an acceptable world.

Dickens? come now.

Thanks Obamacare!

You think private insurance has been doing a good job controlling healthcare costs???

No, they have been accelerating at twice the rate of inflation for two decades. Could anyone do WORSE than private ins. did? Medicare did better controlling costs the last two decades.

so the gov will do a better job? and has?

And how bout that name for this monstrosity. OBAMACARE.

ain't that Obama just grand, he gonna take CARE of us all.:lol:

You understand that's the right's branding of it, don't you? It has a real name that has nothing to do with Obama, you just don't use it.

right on time, glad to see the memo caught up to you.

name change time guys; 'obamacare' is toxic because we have an epic communication failure or the bill is problematic and dieing on its feet, OR both

....GW=CC...

OC =????

Middle Class.

Thanks asshole.

Thanks Obamacare!

Obamacare is not administered by the Federal Government...it pools all Americans who then select PRIVATE insurance.

Insurance has always worked from others paying your bills. Some people pay and pay and never use it while a smaller percentage use massive amounts of the insurance dollar and pay very little

Thanks Obamacare!

Obamacare is not administered by the Federal Government...it pools all Americans who then select PRIVATE insurance.

Insurance has always worked from others paying your bills. Some people pay and pay and never use it while a smaller percentage use massive amounts of the insurance dollar and pay very little

Really? Care to explain this?

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases

Secretary Sebelius Calls on Health Insurers to Stop Misinformation and Unjustified Rate Increases ? HealthCare Notes | HealthCare.gov

Thanks Obamacare!

:lol::lol::lol:

the big lie never fails.....yup, you bought it-

we will cover everyone ( but that unfortunate 20 million but fuc them ,we 'won') extending care to another 30 million AND provide better service AND save money....

you believe this, you're deranged.

New Topics

Forum List

Back