Thanks Obama: Russia To Let International Space Station De-Orbit And Fall Into Sea

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Just as I said in my last thread about Obama handing over the reigns of the ISS to the Russians, this was a treasonous act committed by the president. Obama ended our domination of space after 50 years of ingenuity and American pride. After widespread American heartbreak after Obama cancelled the Orion Constellation Program that was to take us back to the moon and with the last landing of the Space Shuttle last Thursday, Russia declared the 'era of the Soyuz' has begun. Now the Russians have just come out and stated that they will now let the International Space Station de-orbit and fall into the China Sea like they did with their Mir Space Station because they don't have a space vehicle like the shuttle powerful enough that can fire it's thrusters while docked to the station so it can gain a higher orbit after being tugged by the earths gravity for a while causing it to come closer to the earth. What this amounts to is them letting multi billions of dollars of American taxpayers money and technology fall into the sea. I said in the last thread that with Obama basically de-activating our space role was putting America's national security at risk. I warned that Russia now has free reign to roam the orbit of the earth possibly de-activating our military and civilian satellites putting American communication and missile targeting systems at risk while we have no space capability to travel into orbit to counter them. My fellow Americans, our usurper who has been acting president is systematically dismantling this nation piece by piece in an attempt to destabilize the state of the union and put us in peril and there seems to be no stopping him permanently.

Russia Plans to Sink the International Space Station in 2020 - FoxNews.com

Excerpts from the Article:

We will be forced to sink the ISS. We cannot leave it in orbit as it is a very complicated and a heavy object," Roscosmos' deputy head Vitaly Davydov said in an interview posted on the agency's website

SNIP~

After sinking hundreds of millions into construction of the space station -- billions if you include the cost of the space shuttle flights that carried the ISS modules into orbit -- knowledgeable government sources and NASA spokesmen were aghast at Davydov's plans to sink the station in the ocean

Last edited:
First of all, let's have the constitutional conservatives show us where in the Constitution does the federal government get the power to spend money exploring space?

Then they can tell us why their beloved for profit private sector hasn't stepped up and filled the gap here.

• Banned
First of all, let's have the constitutional conservatives show us where in the Constitution does the federal government get the power to spend money exploring space?

Then they can tell us why their beloved for profit private sector hasn't stepped up and filled the gap here.

The private sector is trying to step up.

I'm just happy you didn't try and tie this back to how this will help Palin become the next president. Refreshing.

If we only spent money on things specifcally mentioned in the Constitution, we'd still be living in the late 1700's.

Join us in the future. We have cookies!

If we only spent money on things specifcally mentioned in the Constitution, we'd still be living in the late 1700's.

Join us in the future. We have cookies!

Excellent point. Maybe you can talk some sense in to the far right who insist it must be stated verbatim in the constitution, otherwise our government should not be involved with it.

Just trying? I thought they ALWAYS did better than the government!!!

Private sector will probably have to get pass the EPA which will be hard to do these days.. They will find some environment reason why the private sector cant take over. Obama not only killed the jobs within NASA he also killed the small business around NASA .They estimate that the loss of jobs for closing NASA will be 10K or more.

I am all for space exploration, but never considered it the role of the government with the exception of sattelite defense systems.
Likewise, if the economy allows, I am confident the slack WILL be picked up by the private sector and not concerned about the station being sunk by Russia.

Just as I said in my last thread about Obama handing over the reigns of the ISS to the Russians, this was a treasonous act committed by the president. Obama ended our domination of space after 50 years of ingenuity and American pride. After widespread American heartbreak after Obama cancelled the Orion Constellation Program that was to take us back to the moon and with the last landing of the Space Shuttle last Thursday, Russia declared the 'era of the Soyuz' has begun. Now the Russians have just come out and stated that they will now let the International Space Station de-orbit and fall into the China Sea like they did with their Mir Space Station because they don't have a space vehicle like the shuttle powerful enough that can fire it's thrusters while docked to the station so it can gain a higher orbit after being tugged by the earths gravity for a while causing it to come closer to the earth. What this amounts to is them letting multi billions of dollars of American taxpayers money and technology fall into the sea. I said in the last thread that with Obama basically de-activating our space roll was putting America's national security at risk. I warned that Russia now has free reign to roam the orbit of the earth possibly de-activating our military and civilian satellites putting American communication and missile targeting systems at risk while we have no space capability to travel into orbit to counter them. My fellow Americans, our usurper who has been acting president is systematically dismantling this nation piece by piece in an attempt to destabilize the state of the union and put us in peril and there seems to be no stopping him permanently.

Russia Plans to Sink the International Space Station in 2020 - FoxNews.com

Excerpts from the Article:

We will be forced to sink the ISS. We cannot leave it in orbit as it is a very complicated and a heavy object," Roscosmos' deputy head Vitaly Davydov said in an interview posted on the agency's website

SNIP~

After sinking hundreds of millions into construction of the space station -- billions if you include the cost of the space shuttle flights that carried the ISS modules into orbit -- knowledgeable government sources and NASA spokesmen were aghast at Davydov's plans to sink the station in the ocean

Oh, my! You have been paranoid projection dreaming again. Just back away slowly and when I snap my fingers you will awaken.

think JFK you asshole.

Private sector will probably have to get pass the EPA which will be hard to do these days.. They will find some environment reason why the private sector cant take over. Obama not only killed the jobs within NASA he also killed the small business around NASA .They estimate that the loss of jobs for closing NASA will be 10K or more.

obama is one big assed wet blanket on America. Nuff said.

Private sector??!! Deary you are in a Capitalist system. There just isn't any demand for a space station, and paying their fair share of taxes. We haven't even developed bullet train transportation yet. The space monster is out of the question and budget.:lol:

Thought you want tax cuts? Make up your confused mind Willow.

Thought you want tax cuts? Make up your confused mind Willow.

he's a big assed wet blanket on America. Shit an go.

Private sector??!! Deary you are in a Capitalist system. There just isn't any demand for a space station, and paying their fair share of taxes. We haven't even developed bullet train transportation yet. The space monster is out of the question and budget.:lol:

So you'd be happy to see billions of dollars of our technology fall into the hands of the Chinese and Russians?

Without the Shuttle, we will never be able to go into orbit ever again to fix any of our satellites. If the Hubble Telescope breaks down again, it's toast. The Russians have no vehicle capable of going to satellites like what I mentioned.

They are stepping up...
NASA, SpaceX agree on space station flight - UPI.com
NASA and SpaceX, based in California, have agreed on the private spacecraft company's first date with the International Space Station, the space agency says.

The SpaceX Dragon capsule will launch aboard a Falcon 9 rocket Nov. 30, and will rendezvous and dock with the space station Dec. 7, NewScientist.com reported Tuesday.

I don't think you'll find anyone who considers this President a friend to NASA. These are very embarrassing & humiliating times for our Nation. It does feel like the demoralizing Jimmy Carter Malaise of the 70's. It's pretty depressing.

They are stepping up...
NASA, SpaceX agree on space station flight - UPI.com
NASA and SpaceX, based in California, have agreed on the private spacecraft company's first date with the International Space Station, the space agency says.

The SpaceX Dragon capsule will launch aboard a Falcon 9 rocket Nov. 30, and will rendezvous and dock with the space station Dec. 7, NewScientist.com reported Tuesday.
That's just a capsule. It can't perform repair operations on satellites (communication, military, etc) or like the Hubble Telescope

Forum List

Back