Thanks Mom

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
What kind of Mom did you have? Was it your natural mother, or a woman who stepped in to mother you?

Mine was a bit delicate. Very much a 1950's lady -- white gloves and pearls. Courageous when it counted. Enough so as to marry my Daddy when her whole family opposed her. She adored my Daddy and she showed it in everything she did with him, for him and because she was his wife. My Mom was gone too soon. She died at age 28. But she taught me everything I needed to know about making my man feel loved. To me, she was perfect.

Thanks Mom!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOyycNqiWA]YouTube - Ava Gardner - Can't Help lovin´dat man[/ame]

Last edited:
Mom was a great gal. Well-heeled, smart and talented. She pretty much fell apart after dad died and never fully bounced back. 8 kids in 18 years, she was left as a 45 year old widow and with thousands of dollars of debt. In ways it was a god aweful childhood because of the struggles. She was a fighter and survivor as were we all.

• Banned
Mom was a great gal. Well-heeled, smart and talented. She pretty much fell apart after dad died and never fully bounced back. 8 kids in 18 years, she was left as a 45 year old widow and with thousands of dollars of debt. In ways it was a god aweful childhood because of the struggles. She was a fighter and survivor as were we all.

If we judged Moms by the adult men and women their kidlets become, I'd say yours was da Bomb, Mr. H. It isn't always a bad thing for kidlets to watch their folks struggle, or to struggle some themselves.

I am sorry she is gone...♥ hugs ♥

My mother is toxic.

I am thankful that I had the good sense to cut her out of my life.

Forum List

Back