Thanks Gov Gregoire

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
For eliminating dental, hearing, foot care, outpatient physical, occupation and speech therapies, and vision aids from medicaid. Effectively eliminating those things from my autistic son who doesn't understand any of it. And for your heartless elimination of hospice services for the dying poor. I'd call you Scrooge, but that would be an insult to Scrooge.

When are the workhouses opening up?

Oh and how can I forget about eliminating DSHS co pays for part D medicare, essentially leaving our poor elderly without their prescriptions?

Last edited:
in all fairness, that was a legislative decision. The governor can't do anything that the legislature doesn't fund

As a person riding on the edge as well, I have to say these are hard things indeed.

But... As Jason Lewis points out, every benefit and entitlement, even ones such as these, have a constituency that will fight to protect them, even though they may be unfundable, and need cutting.

That said, now is the time for the community to step up and start taking hold of this and do something about these needs, instead of government.

And yes, I know I'm speaking from the point of view of not being affected by these and that colors my view.

But, its something we all must take into account.

As a person riding on the edge as well, I have to say these are hard things indeed.

But... As Jason Lewis points out, every benefit and entitlement, even ones such as these, have a constituency that will fight to protect them, even though they may be unfundable, and need cutting.

That said, now is the time for the community to step up and start taking hold of this and do something about these needs, instead of government.

And yes, I know I'm speaking from the point of view of not being affected by these and that colors my view.

They can spend $8,000,000 on Pioneer days, but they can't provide hospice for a dying poor person? How many other millions are they wasting on things that aren't necessary? Seems since it was an executive order, we don't need a legislature at all, maybe we could eliminate that and save $millions or even $billions, heck, we could sell the capital and save even more. If the governor can make laws by herself, we certainly don't need the rest. At this rate we are going to be IN the Pioneer Days.

It's time to start cutting salaries and retirement benefits from government beaurocrats. That should be cut before critical social services to the neediest in our society are cut. All of you who keep telling us liberals are compassionate better tell us once more because I don't see it.

They can spend $8,000,000 on Pioneer days, but they can't provide hospice for a dying poor person? How many other millions are they wasting on things that aren't necessary? Seems since it was an executive order, we don't need a legislature at all, maybe we could eliminate that and save $millions or even $billions, heck, we could sell the capital and save even more. If the governor can make laws by herself, we certainly don't need the rest. At this rate we are going to be IN the Pioneer Days.
Hey, I never said that what he protected was a good choice either. I'm quite certain that there are many bits of pork that should have been cut out first. But, remember, all those bits of pork have their own constituents fighting for them too, and potentially even harder.

I don't live in WA, and don't know what waste is being protected, but living in the twin cities I've seen my fair share of bullshit "cut the fire department while ignoring this specialty project helping only a few political cronies".

The best cuts are universal cuts. That way everyone is cut least, but everyone shares.

Forum List

Back