Thanks George, what do you do for an encore?

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, all I can say is...

Hey George, what's your next plan?

While I agree with the removal of Saddam, the truth of this story goes to the argument that Iraq could damn well have waited. If not all, then at least the majority of the resources currently in Iraq should have been tasked to finding and wiping out al-Qaeda.

I suppose this information could be false and merely an attempt to put a scare into the general populace, but the idea that al-Qaeda could have reasserted itself and restored their pre 9/11 strength in the wake of the mess that is Iraq is believable.

Report: al-Qaida Has Regained Strength
Jul 11 05:58 PM US/Eastern
By KATHERINE SHRADER and MATTHEW LEE
Associated Press Writers

WASHINGTON (AP) - The government has concluded that al-Qaida has rebuilt its operating capability to a level not seen since the summer of 2001, The Associated Press has learned.

A new threat assessment suggests the group that launched the most devastating terrorist attack on the United States has been able to rebuild despite nearly six years of bombings, war and other tactics aimed at crippling it.

AL QAEDA AT PRE-9/11 STRENGTH

Expanded story: al-Qaida Has Rebuilt Strength, US Says

If this is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, all I can say is...

Hey George, what's your next plan?

While I agree with the removal of Saddam, the truth of this story goes to the argument that Iraq could damn well have waited. If not all, then at least the majority of the resources currently in Iraq should have been tasked to finding and wiping out al-Qaeda.

I suppose this information could be false and merely an attempt to put a scare into the general populace, but the idea that al-Qaeda could have reasserted itself and restored their pre 9/11 strength in the wake of the mess that is Iraq is believable.

Expanded story: al-Qaida Has Rebuilt Strength, US Says

News flash______ We are fighting Al queda in Iraq...

That's not a news flash.

The fact that they weren't there before we went in might be a news flash to some.

Don't get me wrong, I was not opposed to deposing Saddam, just the timing.

Who said we are fighting Al quada in IRAQ?

Where are your sources? Can you link me to a legitimate source that says the majority of insurgents in Iraq are tied to Al quada and not just some ethnic group fighting for power?

Just because they are islamic, does not mean they are tied to Al quada. Idiots.

Who said we are fighting Al quada in IRAQ?

Where are your sources? Can you link me to a legitimate source that says the majority of insurgents in Iraq are tied to Al quada and not just some ethnic group fighting for power?

Just because they are islamic, does not mean they are tied to Al quada. Idiots.

You are kidding? It was them that took credit for the recent attempts at bombing London.

News flash______ We are fighting Al queda in Iraq...

Al Qaeda of Mesopotamia is a relatively NEW organization that was created in response to our invasion and was not even initially affiliated with OBL's organization.

but then....you are this scary spook who can find out IP addresses and license plates and home addresses....I would have thought you would have known that.

Yep, al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI).

OK. So Al qaedas new headquarters is in IRAQ? So Zarqawi (the head of al qeuda) is from IRAQ? I thought he was from Jordan, and is nowhere near IRAQ. Infact

"In much of the country, including the north and center, commanders say, the insurgency is led and populated almost entirely by Iraqis, many of them former members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, who do not work closely with Zarqawi's group. Commanders there say Iraqi insurgents are largely responsible for the roadside bombings, some involving armor-penetrating weapons, that have been responsible for roughly half of the U.S. combat deaths in recent months."

From the commanders themselves. Sure AL quada puts on a show in different countrys, but as you can see, the problem in Iraq stems from insurgents who are FROM IRAQ. Not Zarqawis followers.

OK. So Al qaedas new headquarters is in IRAQ? So Zarqawi (the head of al qeuda) is from IRAQ? I thought he was from Jordan, and is nowhere near IRAQ. Infact

"In much of the country, including the north and center, commanders say, the insurgency is led and populated almost entirely by Iraqis, many of them former members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party, who do not work closely with Zarqawi's group. Commanders there say Iraqi insurgents are largely responsible for the roadside bombings, some involving armor-penetrating weapons, that have been responsible for roughly half of the U.S. combat deaths in recent months."

From the commanders themselves. Sure AL quada puts on a show in different countrys, but as you can see, the problem in Iraq stems from insurgents who are FROM IRAQ. Not Zarqawis followers.

So Zarqawi is in Jordan? :eusa_shifty:

and al Qaeda can't be working from Iraq?

Technically they can work from IRAQ, i mean Zarqwais main job is to focus on killing Iraqis, allegedly. But personally I dont think Zarqwai is in Iraq anymore, even though the US still believes he is, since they have evidence that he was in IRAQ just before suddam was captured.

I dont rely on US intelligence anymore though, no reason to. They havent had a decent lead on Osama bin laden in centurys. And just because Zarqwai was in Iraq before saddam went down, does not mean he is still there operating Al Quada.

Ofcourse I could be wrong but thats my own opinion. I wouldnt be in Iraq If I was running a terrorist network focussed on attacking the country that Im in.

and al Qaeda can't be working from Iraq?

AQ does indeed have a franchise in Iraq....AQ of Mesopotamia is its name.... new organization.... filling a market niche.... there just happens to be 160K Americans to kill there...and there just so happens to be a secular arab government on the brink of collapse there. That franchise is not a global one, however, and will stay behind to make mischief in Iraq long after we have gone.

Oddly enough, a tough strongman would be perfect to repel them and defeat them in Iraq...but ooops...we hung him.

AQ wasn't in Iraq while Saddam was in power. It was networked throughout the Middle East/West Asia and as we know is substantially of Saudi origin but it was not operating in Iraq. It is now operating in Iraq due to the invasion of Iraq.

Technically they can work from IRAQ, and Im sure they have groups in Iraq that help with the violence. But personally I dont think Zarqwai is in Iraq anymore, even though the US still believes he is since they have evidence that he was in IRAQ just before suddam was captured.

I dont rely on US intelligence anymore though, no reason to. They havent had a decent lead on Osama bin laden in centurys.

Zarqawi is dead. Killed IN Iraq. Zawahiri was never there to begin with.

Yes your right, my mistake I was referring to Zawahri. I mixed the names up. And no he is not there, but I have read that some leaders in Iraq believe he is there now.

Yes your right, my mistake I was referring to Zawahri. I mixed the names up. And no he is not there, but I have read that some leaders in Iraq believe he is there now.

I knew that and went along, I got your point. Did you get mine?

Forum List

Back