Thanks for the tax break Barry!

Looks like my wife and I will be getting quite a bit back more this year than last year.

I normally get $800 of my $2000 in annual education expenses as a credit. Thanks to Barry, I'll be getting all $2000.

Add in another $800 for the "Making Work Pay" credit, and that's $2000 more this year compared to last year.

Thanks Obama!

Well no wonder the deficit has risen! I suspect all the conservatives will jump in now and tell you that tax credits and cuts should be deficit neutral...

...maybe...

I assumed nothing. I stated that if the withholdings are sufficient to cover the refund, he got his own money back.

Are you implying that all Obama supporters are "welfare queens"? I certainly wasn't the one who said that. Hundreds of thousands of Obama supporters could buy and sell me and all I own many times over.

I have no idea why anyone would think a tax cut was "bad". You'll need to ask someone who has voiced that opinion.

Do you deny that his taxes were cut?

Of course taxes were not cut by either Obama or Bush, you cannot CUT taxes and increase spending since all that amounts to is a Tax increase shift , as in shifting tax increases from the now into the future since eventually that revenue shortfall needs to be paid back with interest, it's a neat trick politicians use to buy your support for the now and leave the problem of making up the revenues to some other poor schmuck that gets elected in the future.

Then the PAYGO approach is what you support?

Then Reagan never really cut taxes?

Taxes... hmmm... funny how people can argue FOR a tax. The government has their filthy, dirty, greedy little fingers so deep in your pockets, yet people get all excited when they get a little bit of "THEIR" money back? Makes no sense. It's bass ackwards. You should be pissed off that the government is taking it from you in the FIRST place.

But if you think it's bad now, just wait. If you haven't noticed ole soetoro and company have spent us into certain financial ruin. There is HELL coming to pay for it.

Last edited:
Well no wonder the deficit has risen! I suspect all the conservatives will jump in now and tell you that tax credits and cuts should be deficit neutral...

...maybe...

Wow! you mean like don't pay out more money than you take in? what a novel concept that apparently you radical progressives cannot grasp.

Deficit neutral to you geniuses entails figuring out how fast the fed's printing presses can run and how long it will take the poor to notice they've been screwed by your latest "GREAT NEW SOCIAL ENGINEERING PLAN" ... go screw yourselves you oppressive, murderous bastards.

Taxes... hmmm... funny how people can argue FOR a tax..
Amen Pale Rider! it' a mystery to me that some people (progressives) want to pay as much as possible just to be "governed" , I guess it's the natural state of people that can't figure out how to solve their own problems and therefor must turn to a "higher authority" to do it for them.. .

SAD

...maybe...

Wow! you mean like don't pay out more money than you take in? what a novel concept that apparently you radical progressives cannot grasp.

Deficit neutral to you geniuses entails figuring out how fast the fed's printing presses can run and how long it will take the poor to notice they've been screwed by your latest "GREAT NEW SOCIAL ENGINEERING PLAN" ... go screw yourselves you oppressive, murderous bastards.

Republicans killed PAYGO, which was working better than anyone else's bright ideas.

...maybe...

Republicans killed PAYGO, which was working better than anyone else's bright ideas.
ROFLWTIME! Some people will fall for anything .. "Paygo" OMG I thought EVERYONE knew that was a scam to fool the general public into thinking that the federal gub'mint was attempting to act "fiscally responsible", personally I never thought anybody would actually fall for it. :lol:

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves." -- Moliere

Still love your centralized gub'mint NY?

ROFLWTIME! Some people will fall for anything .. "Paygo" OMG I thought EVERYONE knew that was a scam to fool the general public into thinking that the federal gub'mint was attempting to act "fiscally responsible", personally I never thought anybody would actually fall for it. :lol:

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves." -- Moliere

Still love your centralized gub'mint NY?

PAYGO was working. PAYGO began in 1990 and ended in 2002. I suggest you track the course of the US deficit over that time.

As I said, it certainly worked better than anything else has.

If your personal withholdings were enough to cover the credits you were given then you broke even. If you "got back" more than you paid in, the excess was covered with someone else's withholdings. Either way, "Barry" didn't give you squat.

"Barry", as you seem to enjoy calling him did give him something - the same thing that Bush gave all the rich people - a tax cut.

I thought Obama was going to raise everyone's taxes.

What tax cut?

My marginal tax rate was not reduced and neither was yours.

I surely hope you don't do your own taxes.

Looks like my wife and I will be getting quite a bit back more this year than last year.

I normally get $800 of my $2000 in annual education expenses as a credit. Thanks to Barry, I'll be getting all $2000.

Add in another $800 for the "Making Work Pay" credit, and that's $2000 more this year compared to last year.

Thanks Obama!

Wait till next year when the BUSH TAX CUTS ARE GONE.

Everything else being the same, the Bush's tax changes net us about $800 whereas the Obama changes net us $2200.

Thanks Obama!

Wait till next year when the BUSH TAX CUTS ARE GONE.
BUSH didn't "cut" any taxes....wake the fuck up and learn basic math will ya?

He changed the 27% bracket to 25%, how is that not a cut?

What tax cut?

My marginal tax rate was not reduced and neither was yours.

I surely hope you don't do your own taxes.

what was your marginal tax rate last year and what is it this year?

That depends on which dollar is being taxed. If its its the last one earned, its 25% either way. If its the 33949th dollar of adjusted gross income that we make in the year, its taxed at 25% in 2008 and 15% in 2009.

Forum List

Back