Thanks for the tax break Barry!

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Looks like my wife and I will be getting quite a bit back more this year than last year.

I normally get $800 of my $2000 in annual education expenses as a credit. Thanks to Barry, I'll be getting all $2000.

Add in another $800 for the "Making Work Pay" credit, and that's $2000 more this year compared to last year.

Thanks Obama!

Looks like my wife and I will be getting quite a bit back more this year than last year.

I normally get $800 of my $2000 in annual education expenses as a credit. Thanks to Barry, I'll be getting all $2000.

Add in another $800 for the "Making Work Pay" credit, and that's $2000 more this year compared to last year.

Thanks Obama!

Who says there's no free lunch???? :lol:

Hopefully the Federal Government will also send you a thank you note for the interest free loan you gave them last year, although I wouldn't count on it.

The "Make Work Pay" portion of the refund is not based on anything paid in, but is a refund even if there is no other federal income tax liability. For an AGI at $15,000.00: Actually the "return" on no-investment-at-all is fairly decent. If you got nothing last year, you get something this year.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Light-Skinned Man Not Give Like. . . .Well!)

It ain't 'Obama Money', it's mine and every other fucking taxpayer.... you wanna thank someone, thank those of us who pay taxes.

You're welcome.

Well technically it would be "Thank the Chinese, the printing presses at the Federal Reserve and future generations of American Tax Payers" since the taxes we pay in now don't even begin to cover the bills. :)

Thanks Obama!

You did your taxes already??? :eek:

Anyone would thank taxpayers if the federal income tax rate were more progressive, and the refundable tax credit adjusted upward. Even in famous Matthew 25::14-30, one servant gets five talents, and makes other five talents. Another servant gets two talents, and makes other two talents. Finally the servant with one talent gets nothing, and cast out. The next dissmissable servant has four talents.

More to the matter, in the manner of the Pythagorean Theorem, the household should have been enriched 8 talents, but was only enriched seven. The Square Root of five squared, plus the square root of five squared, is five talents, with no portions or decimals, (which didn't exist for another thousand years or so, at any rate, in that neighborhood).

If the household intends to get less and less with each successive, distribution, then it will collapse. In fact, the loss of one servant was probably horrific as a story at any rate: To anyone who understood the buying and selling of household servants at the time.

The law in pay raises, interest and dividend contracts, and so on: Tends to the fixed percentage pay basis shown in Matthew 25::14-30. It is Matthew 20::1-16, which has the equal amount, refundable concept. The first get the same as the last.

In the Matthew 25::14-30 concept, the rich keep it all, and the household gets successively less. And it's just arithmetic. That particular household did not have the refundable tax credit concept, of the other one in Matthew.

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(Ancient Jewish people tell strange stories, using math of Greater deities of Greece, like is in the Pythagorean religion!)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007
It ain't 'Obama Money', it's mine and every other fucking taxpayer.... you wanna thank someone, thank those of us who pay taxes.

You're welcome.

Amen!

Although liberals still think Governments make money... :cuckoo:

Well, I guess they do... with a printing press. I guess I should say they don't earn money they just take from us the taxpayers...

I guess the guy should thank himself for the loan to the Government and the 5% or so he gets back out of what he puts in... :lol:

I would rather keep my money on the front end but I guess this guy wouldn't. :cuckoo:

You're welcome.

Amen!

Well, I guess they do... with a printing press. I guess I should say they don't earn money they just take from us the taxpayers...

I guess the guy should thank himself for the loan to the Government and the 5% or so he gets back out of what he puts in... :lol:

I would rather keep my money on the front end but I guess this guy wouldn't. :cuckoo:

Yep, and anyone with half a brain knows where printing money leads.... Zimbabwe anyone?

You're welcome.

Amen!

Yep, and anyone with half a brain knows where printing money leads.... Zimbabwe anyone?

Don't worry! It's different this time. :rolleyes:

You're welcome.

So let me get this straight.

Your tax dollars are your tax dollars.

My tax dollars are also your tax dollars.

Boy aren't you greedy

If your personal withholdings were enough to cover the credits you were given then you broke even. If you "got back" more than you paid in, the excess was covered with someone else's withholdings. Either way, "Barry" didn't give you squat.

Tax dollars belong to the government.

Once Big brother gets its grimmy hands on it, all you can do is file for "refunds" and "Tax credits"!!

Hell, even when the government "gives" you a tax cut, it is still taking money from you and spending it like drunken sailors ambushed by scandalous whores!!

That is right !! Your "tax dollars" is the Governments "Whore and booze" money!!

You're welcome.

Boy aren't you greedy

If your personal withholdings were enough to cover the credits you were given then you broke even. If you "got back" more than you paid in, the excess was covered with someone else's withholdings. Either way, "Barry" didn't give you squat.

"Barry", as you seem to enjoy calling him did give him something - the same thing that Bush gave all the rich people - a tax cut.

I thought Obama was going to raise everyone's taxes.

Boy aren't you greedy

"Barry", as you seem to enjoy calling him did give him something - the same thing that Bush gave all the rich people - a tax cut.

Until my previous post in this thread, I have never called Mr. Obama "Barry", therefore you are wrong in your assumption that I "enjoy" calling him that. The OP, however, did call him "Barry", as do others. In fact, the thread is named "Thanks for the tax break BARRY". Either way, I still maintain that "Barry" gave the OP nothing. Working people's income taxes were given to the OP. "Barry" gave the OP squat.

Until my previous post in this thread, I have never called Mr. Obama "Barry", therefore you are wrong in your assumption that I "enjoy" calling him that. The OP, however, did call him "Barry", as do others. In fact, the thread is named "Thanks for the tax break BARRY". Either way, I still maintain that "Barry" gave the OP nothing. Working people's income taxes were given to the OP. "Barry" gave the OP squat.

Why do you assume that the OP got back more than he paid? Is it just because anyone who supports Obama must be a welfare queen?

Why are tax cuts bad when Obama does it, but really awesome the rest of the time?

Thanks Obama!
Without reading the rest of the thread I can tell how it is going to go.

Obama cutting taxes = bad

Only Republicans are allowed to cut taxes, don't you know?

:lol:

The wingnut portion of my party believes in taxcuts for the rich, but not for you or me. Stupid.

You're welcome.

Boy aren't you greedy

I'm not getting back more than I put in. its MY money I'm getting back. So fuck off.

Forum List

Back