Thanks for the Cup, Timmy, but it's time for you to go

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Article 15, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Article 15

Article 15 Dr. House slayer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,859
    You have put yourself ahead of your teammates again and your refusal to address it is only piling on to the problem. When you didn't go to the White House, I was willing to let it slide. You are entitled to your beliefs and even though the it was the Bruins who were invited, not Tim Thomas the individual, you wanted to make a statement and even though I disagree with you disassociating yourself from the team to make it, I can respect that. But you've now made it about yourself again, and in an even more inflammatory fashion. This team is trying to make another run at a Cup and they don't need the kind of distraction you are causing. Bruins hockey is about team first and you are not bringing that attitude to the rink.

I am nothing but thankful for all the great memories you have given me over the years. You were fun as all hell to watch play from the first time I saw you in a Bruins uniform and you are the number one reason why we have a Cup to defend this year but your time is up.

Best of luck to you, whenever Peter and Cam trade you off to.

The Save:

[​IMG]

2. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,130
    ???????

3. JamesInFlorida

JamesInFlorida Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +184
    Thomas had the best goaltending season last year since Hasek. And arguably the best ever. Seriously the guy is an awesome player. How is he a distraction? :confused: Rask will take over soon enough, and he's more than up to the job. But Thomas is on another level right now.

4. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,090
    It's only cool when Leftists do it

5. Oldstyle

Oldstyle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,334
    Wearing a team sweater doesn't deprive individuals of their right to a political viewpoint. Since you obviously respect Tim Thomas the hockey player...it's obvious that your problem lies with Tim Thomas the man. I wonder if you would want him traded if he was a "true believer" like yourself?