Thanks Federal Government for continuing to "do nothing" !

Good luck with your berms. I have my doubts that they will do much and may in fact do more harm.

But why is Louisiana being treated as more special than the rest of the Gulf states? Why not build berms around the entire rim of the gulf?

Why should Louisiana have to build berms for other states? If they want berms they need to ask for approval and funding themselves.

Still waiting for some drooling leftie to hand me my ass on a plate by providing one single shred of evidence that BP need to be 'made' to pay.

Seriously?

Really? And this is coming from someone who claims that she doesn't trust corporations and that BP in particular doesn't fit her standard of ethics?

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Congratulations - you are the dumbest person IN THE UNIVERSE

Good luck with your berms. I have my doubts that they will do much and may in fact do more harm.

But why is Louisiana being treated as more special than the rest of the Gulf states? Why not build berms around the entire rim of the gulf?

Why do you think the berms wouldn't help and may even cause more harm?
Environmentalists and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — as well as BP — fear even temporary berms could mess with natural tidal flows as well as the integrity of naturally existing barrier islands. There are also questions about how well they hold up in storms, and about the effects of the massive dredging of ocean-floor sand required to construct them.

Gulf Oil Spill: Can Sand Berms Save the Louisiana Coast? - TIME

Mainly I think it's just a waste of money and a feel good sop for LA. Even if successful it will only push the oil elsewhere.

Explain how any of those negative effects mean anything if everything is dead anyway.

They don't hold up well in hurricanes? Its funny you would mention that, because the berms would reduce hurricane intensity, reducing any of the myriad of problems caused by a hurricane sucking up crude oil and spitting it all over the place.

Last edited:
Still waiting for some drooling leftie to hand me my ass on a plate by providing one single shred of evidence that BP need to be 'made' to pay.

Seriously?

Really? And this is coming from someone who claims that she doesn't trust corporations and that BP in particular doesn't fit her standard of ethics?

In another thread, she accused me of accusing her of saying she wanted the govt to garantee dividends. I never said, but she won't admit she was wrong

In the same thread, she claims repeatedly that preventing BP from distributing dividends will cause other corps to leave the US. I asked for an example, and now she's not responding to my posts anymore.

This bimbo is all over the place. She trusts BP, she doesnt trust BP. SHe tells so many lies, she can't keep track of them all

Why do you think the berms wouldn't help and may even cause more harm?
Environmentalists and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — as well as BP — fear even temporary berms could mess with natural tidal flows as well as the integrity of naturally existing barrier islands. There are also questions about how well they hold up in storms, and about the effects of the massive dredging of ocean-floor sand required to construct them.

Mainly I think it's just a waste of money and a feel good sop for LA. Even if successful it will only push the oil elsewhere.

Explain how any of those negative effects mean anything if everything is dead anyway.

They don't hold up well in hurricanes? Its funny you would mention that, because the berms would reduce hurricane intensity, reducing any of the myriad of problems caused by a hurricane sucking up crude oil and spitting it all over the place.
No, they don't hold up well. Our beaches on the east coast are constantly being rebuilt because of tropical storms, etc.

IMO, it's a waste of money.

Seriously?

In another thread, she accused me of accusing her of saying she wanted the govt to garantee dividends. I never said, but she won't admit she was wrong

In the same thread, she claims repeatedly that preventing BP from distributing dividends will cause other corps to leave the US. I asked for an example, and now she's not responding to my posts anymore.

This bimbo is all over the place. She trusts BP, she doesnt trust BP. SHe tells so many lies, she can't keep track of them all

I can't imagine how fucked up her personal life is.

No, they don't hold up well. Our beaches on the east coast are constantly being rebuilt because of tropical storms, etc.

IMO, it's a waste of money.

A) IMO, keeping oil out of the marshes isn't a waste of money
B) Even if it is, as long as its BP's money, who cares? I'm not saying we should go around wrecklessly wasting BP's money - obviously we need them to still have it for other stuff - but we need not apply the same standards we'd apply if it were our own money.

And please answer my question - if everything is dead anyway, what is so bad about those other negative effects?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back