Thanks Federal Government for continuing to "do nothing" !

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Gee...that only took 5 weeks to accomplish...now PLEASE
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM8l3X_7Hkg&feature=related]YouTube - LEAVE BARACK ALONE![/ame]

• Banned
YouTube - LEAVE BARACK ALONE!

More like one day.

Federal officials had approved six berms totaling 45 miles last week, but they said BP would have to pay for only one 2-mile-long berm to test the new containment strategy.

But Jindal and several local officials argued that BP should have to pay for all six berms Tuesday during a meeting with Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, who is overseeing the federal response to the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Allen promised he would make a recommendation to President Barack Obama within 24 hours, and Jindal got word of the president's decision with four minutes to spare Wednesday afternoon, when an aide whispered in his ear during a news conference in Venice.

More like one day.

Federal officials had approved six berms totaling 45 miles last week, but they said BP would have to pay for only one 2-mile-long berm to test the new containment strategy.

But Jindal and several local officials argued that BP should have to pay for all six berms Tuesday during a meeting with Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen, who is overseeing the federal response to the worst oil spill in U.S. history.

Allen promised he would make a recommendation to President Barack Obama within 24 hours, and Jindal got word of the president's decision with four minutes to spare Wednesday afternoon, when an aide whispered in his ear during a news conference in Venice.

WRONG Jindal asked for the berms a month ago. The government just got around to approving them yesterday.

• Banned

More like one day.

WRONG Jindal asked for the berms a month ago. Obama just got around to approving them yesterday.

Actually they were approved one week ago, the issue resolved here is who is paying, but don't let facts get in the way of your blind hatred.

Anyone got a quote from BP saying 'hell no, we ain't payin' for that'? Cuz you can only 'make' someone pay if that person has said they won't pay.

Just sayin'.

I love the way this Administration 'never let a crisis go to waste'. Now, where did that idea originate from?

Good luck with your berms. I have my doubts that they will do much and may in fact do more harm.

But why is Louisiana being treated as more special than the rest of the Gulf states? Why not build berms around the entire rim of the gulf?

So you are finally upset with Obama for his failure to do anything about this?
If you are talking to me I never expected anyone to be able to do anything about this. What in reality can be done?

I am of the mind that deep water drilling should never have been permitted.

Federal government will make BP pay for all 6 berms in Gulf oil spill fight
Federal government will make BP pay for all 6 berms in Gulf oil spill fight | NOLA.com

Hailing the news as an all-too-rare victory in the desperate battle to protect Louisiana's coast from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, Gov. Bobby Jindal announced Wednesday that the federal government will require BP to pay for five additional sand berms along Gulf barrier islands.

For the factually disadvantaged

Quote:
•By the Numbers to Date:

•The administration has authorized 17,500 National Guard troops from Gulf Coast states to participate in the response to the BP oil spill.
•More than 20,000 personnel are currently responding to protect the shoreline and wildlife and cleanup vital coastlines.
•More than 1,700 vessels are responding on site, including skimmers, tugs, barges, and recovery vessels to assist in containment and cleanup efforts—in addition to dozens of aircraft, remotely operated vehicles, and multiple mobile offshore drilling units.
•Approximately 1.96 million feet of containment boom and 2 million feet of sorbent boom have been deployed to contain the spill—and approximately 620,000 feet of containment boom and 1.8 million feet of sorbent boom are available.
•Approximately 13.8 million gallons of an oil-water mix have been recovered.
•Approximately 980,000 gallons of total dispersant have been deployed—755,000 on the surface and 225,000 subsea. More than 420,000 gallons are available.
•More than 120 controlled burns have been conducted, efficiently removing a total of more than 2.8 gallons of oil from the open water in an effort to protect shoreline and wildlife.
•17 staging areas are in place and ready to protect sensitive shorelines, including: Dauphin Island, Ala., Orange Beach, Ala., Theodore, Ala., Panama City, Fla., Pensacola, Fla., Port St. Joe, Fla., St. Marks, Fla., Amelia, La., Cocodrie, La., Grand Isle, La., Shell Beach, La., Slidell, La., St. Mary, La.; Venice, La., Biloxi, Miss., Pascagoula, Miss., and Pass Christian, Miss.

I think it's horrible that your state isnt getting you all the govt welfare you imagine you're entitled to. I know life is hard when you live with an unbearable sense of self-entitlement

How parochial of some of us to think that the problems facing our Gulf States aren't also OUR problems.

From my oil free vantage here in Maine, even I can understand that the good citizens of the Gulf need our help.

And helping them is in fact helping us all.

Seriously, you people who are having enjoying shadenfreude over this disaster are short sighted idiots.

How parochial of some of us to think that the problems facing our Gulf States aren't also OUR problems.

From my oil free vantage here in Maine, even I can understand that the good citizens of the Gulf need our help.

And helping them is in fact helping us all.

Seriously, you people who are having enjoying shadenfreude over this disaster are short sighted idiots.

Seriously, you people who are taking the OP seriously are gullible idiots who wouldn't recognize a fact if it crawled up your ass.

Good luck with your berms. I have my doubts that they will do much and may in fact do more harm.

But why is Louisiana being treated as more special than the rest of the Gulf states? Why not build berms around the entire rim of the gulf?

Why do you think the berms wouldn't help and may even cause more harm?

Still waiting for some drooling leftie to hand me my ass on a plate by providing one single shred of evidence that BP need to be 'made' to pay. Just one short quote from a senior manager at BP even suggesting that they MIGHT not pay would be fine. Just as long as it's not open to interpretation - a nice, clear statement that suggests they won't pay.

Come on lefties..... You have a great opportunity to stick it to this "right wing whackjob". Cover yourself in glory and probably bump up your rep by proving that BP said they won't or even might not pay. I'm even prepared to accept a 'we might not' or some evidence that their lawyers are looking for an escape hatch from the financial burden. Just ONE quote! Surely, you can find ONE!

Why do you think the berms wouldn't help and may even cause more harm?
Environmentalists and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers — as well as BP — fear even temporary berms could mess with natural tidal flows as well as the integrity of naturally existing barrier islands. There are also questions about how well they hold up in storms, and about the effects of the massive dredging of ocean-floor sand required to construct them.

Gulf Oil Spill: Can Sand Berms Save the Louisiana Coast? - TIME

Mainly I think it's just a waste of money and a feel good sop for LA. Even if successful it will only push the oil elsewhere.

Still waiting for some drooling leftie to hand me my ass on a plate by providing one single shred of evidence that BP need to be 'made' to pay. Just one short quote from a senior manager at BP even suggesting that they MIGHT not pay would be fine. Just as long as it's not open to interpretation - a nice, clear statement that suggests they won't pay.

Come on lefties..... You have a great opportunity to stick it to this "right wing whackjob". Cover yourself in glory and probably bump up your rep by proving that BP said they won't or even might not pay. I'm even prepared to accept a 'we might not' or some evidence that their lawyers are looking for an escape hatch from the financial burden. Just ONE quote! Surely, you can find ONE!
Ask Bobby Jindall, he's the one that said it.

Forum List

Back