Thanks Bill

Moi

Sep 2, 2003
The ONLY GOOD place
Review: 'Anymore' Is Intelligent, Raw

Director John Curran doesn't judge any of the characters for their actions (or inaction), especially as each member of the philandering foursome begins to realize exactly what everyone else involved is doing.

That you want to see Jack and Edith not get caught — that you want them to revel in the joy of being discovered anew and the liberating thrill of the wrongness — is a testament to the actors' chemistry and the complexity of Dubus' words, as adapted by screenwriter Larry Gross.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p/20040813/ap_en_mo/film_review_we_don_t_live

The above is about a movie in which two couples, friends, engage in a swapping behind the back affair with each other’s spouses. The second Paragraph really burns me up…”revel in the joy of being discovered anew” “liberating thrill of the wrongness”…what the hell?

I am also home sick today and watching commercial tv (which I haven't watching in about 3 years!)...on comes a commercial for ABC television...about soap operas. It's voice over consists of something to the effect of "revel in the glory of the affairs" "enjoy the passion of affairs" and other stuff like that.

If anyone needs any more convincing evidence about the decline of society look no further. Now we are supposed to celebrate people lying and cheating.

Thanks Bill. And Hillary. And everyone else who just shrugs off the effect of such despicable behavior.

DKSuddeth said:
in all fairness moi, soap operas during the daytime were like that way before bill and hillary.
True, but they were mostly love stories- not necessarily all about affairs. And, way back when, those in the affairs were the ones who got what they deserved in the end. They weren't lauded with commercials specifically stating that we should revel in an affair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moi said:
True, but they were mostly love stories- not necessarily all about affairs. And, way back when, those in the affairs were the ones who got what they deserved in the end. They weren't lauded with commercials specifically stating that we should revel in an affair!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, there is that. many is the time i've laughed at the demise of someone on a soap opera I didnt like. :laugh:

Forum List

Back