Thanks Be to Al Gore...Planet is Cooling!

The fools that converted to the religion of GW will not leave that cult easily...
No matter what the weather conditions, hot, cold, wet, dry, snow, rain, wind, or calm, etc. ...ALL will be blamed on GW for years to come....

I just assumed that his contribution to the lowering of the planet temperature would be the result of him shutting his big fat mouth.

I think I'll wait to see scientific data from an unbiased source before I take the word of Assemblyman Michael Doherty(R) who doesn't cite any particular source to back up his claim.

I believe the melting ice cap is more of an indication of rising temperatures than what sun spot activity will be doing over the next 20 years.

I think I'll wait to see scientific data from an unbiased source before I take the word of Assemblyman Michael Doherty(R) who doesn't cite any particular source to back up his claim.

I believe the melting ice cap is more of an indication of rising temperatures than what sun spot activity will be doing over the next 20 years.

Satellite photos don't lie. Only people lie.

I have posted many times the analysis of current trends in climate from NASA's Goddard Institute. We are in the down part of both the Southern Oscillation and the solar cycle. The running mean of temperatures is still upward, and as we move up in the solar cycle and the Southern Oscillation, we will see record temperatures again.

Yeah...AlGore has been pretty quiet lately....:lol::lol::lol:

That's because they have found Al Gore in the boontoonies, (stiff as a board), someplace with BIGFOOT! :slap:
al_gore.jpg

Thank Gawd!!!! :eusa_pray:

Satellite photos don't lie. Only people lie.

I have posted many times the analysis of current trends in climate from NASA's Goddard Institute. We are in the down part of both the Southern Oscillation and the solar cycle. The running mean of temperatures is still upward, and as we move up in the solar cycle and the Southern Oscillation, we will see record temperatures again.

Kirk, I have a bridge here in California if you want to buy it? I will make you a really good deal!

images

Seems there may be something in the view that we are going through a cooling process.

Contrary to all the predictions - some scientists were predicting that the North Pole may be ice-free for first time this summer whilst others predicted that the entire polar ice cap would disappear – the ice has far from diminished and the Arctic melt season is nearly over for the year – winter starts in five weeks.

Several data sources actually show Arctic ice having made a recovery this summer. NASA Marshall Space Flight Centre data shows 2008 ice nearly identical to 2002, 2005 and 2006. Data from the University of Illinois shows that Arctic ice was 30% greater on 11 August 2008 than it was on the same day last year.

Arctic ice refuses to melt as ordered | The Register

Seems there may be something in the view that we are going through a cooling process.

Contrary to all the predictions - some scientists were predicting that the North Pole may be ice-free for first time this summer whilst others predicted that the entire polar ice cap would disappear – the ice has far from diminished and the Arctic melt season is nearly over for the year – winter starts in five weeks.

Several data sources actually show Arctic ice having made a recovery this summer. NASA Marshall Space Flight Centre data shows 2008 ice nearly identical to 2002, 2005 and 2006. Data from the University of Illinois shows that Arctic ice was 30% greater on 11 August 2008 than it was on the same day last year.

I'm sure this won't "qualify" as an unbias source either...LOL

Yet you'll take lying Gore as truth...

partisan hack

Shew...those AGW alarmist had me worried...

Thank god they were only full of it...

The Southern Oscillation and the solar cycle have significant effects on year-to-year global temperature change. Because both of these natural effects were in their cool phases in 2007, the unusual warmth of 2007 is all the more notable. It is apparent that there is no letup in the steep global warming trend of the past 30 years (see 5-year mean curve in Figure 1a).

"Global warming stopped in 1998," has become a recent mantra of those who wish to deny the reality of human-caused global warming. The continued rapid increase of the five-year running mean temperature exposes this assertion as nonsense. In reality, global temperature jumped two standard deviations above the trend line in 1998 because the "El Niño of the century" coincided with the calendar year, but there has been no lessening of the underlying warming trend.

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/2007/

Last edited:
Thanks Be to Al Gore...Planet is Cooling!

Yes, we should build a golden idol of AlGore and all fall to our knees in worship...

Well...either the planet is cooling, or it's not.

Currently the majority of scientists seem to think its warming, not cooling.

Why should we laymen believe otherwise?

Because a MAJORITY of scientists do NOT in fact agree to your claim. We had this little fight a few months back and the end result was maybe 40 percent could be counted if you assumed a lot of stuff, as supporting man made Global warming. And a Majority do not agree that it is STILL warming.

But hey nice try.

Now do like Kirk and claim because some science board or Academy said it that means EVERY scientist in that Country believes it.

Which left wing publication gave you that?

Forum List

Back