Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

These old plants need to be retired.

Utility engineers and accountants should decide when they are retired, not politicians or imbeciles like you.

EPA is the best judge of when to retire them.

Wrong. The EPA is nothing more than a coven of environmental extremists who somehow managed to get the taxpayers to fund their war on capitalism. They aren't the best judge of anything.

They install remote monitors in the stacks and surrounding land areas.

And you think that's all that's needed to determine when to close a power plant? What the monitors show is that these power plants are perfectly safe.

And I suppose you are...

I'm not the one who drafted or supported regulations designed to shut down coal fired power plants. When the EPA drafted its new regulations, it simply determined how many coal fired power plants it wanted to shut down and then set maximum mercury limits accordingly. These new regulations have nothing to do with protecting the public health or the environment. Even a cursory examination shows they will have no detectible effect on either.

The Obama administration hates coal and cheap energy and it wants to drive up the price of electricity from coal fired power plants so it can make "green energy" look more economically attractive.

Last edited:
And I suppose you are...

I'm not the one who drafted or supported regulations designed to shut down coal fired power plants. When the EPA drafted its new regulations, it simply determined how many coal fired power plants it wanted to shut down and then set maximum mercury limits accordingly. These new regulations have nothing to do with protecting the public health or the environment. Even a cursory examination shows they will have no detectible effect on either.

The Obama administration hates coal and cheap energy and it wants to drive up the price of electricity from coal fired power plants so it can make "green energy" look more economically attractive.
While he wastes tax money on failed enterprises as Solyndra and the taxpayers get screwed.

These old plants need to be retired.

Utility engineers and accountants should decide when they are retired, not politicians or imbeciles like you.

EPA is the best judge of when to retire them. They install remote monitors in the stacks and surrounding land areas.

Really? EPA?

Okey dokey then how do you feel about all the years a former Vice President of Monsanto was making the rules?

You didn't know this did you?

You think you are a player and you are not. :lol:

You if you were a real greeny would know that Linda Fisher who was Todd Whitman's right hand baby was right out of Monsanto school of GM and we're not talking cars.

GM bitch from hell.

Any one who trusts in the EPA is a fool.

They have become political. Much like the NOAA.

And once crossed over the line into political, science means jack shit.

And I suppose you are...

While he wastes tax money on failed enterprises as Solyndra and the taxpayers get screwed.

Good point.

Obama could have taken those "green" tax dollars and funded the needed upgrades to coal fired plants, saving more jobs than green technologies would ever hope to create.

EPA operates at the behest of the POTUS. It's time for the Congress to take them down a few notches in funding and rein them in to be more responsible.

By law, the EPA is supposed to look at economic impact on any rules they might issue. Looks to me that they could give a shit...nor does Obama.

And I suppose you are...

Bobby Kennedy's JR failed experiment winning millions in bail out money.

Over a billion I think.

Those plants are apparently no longer economically viable unless the owners are willing to invest more money to clean up their discharge.

As the owners are unwilling to make that investment to make those plants cleaner, they are electing to close down operations.

Their choice, kids, their choice.

Now the capitalist models suggests that other investors will, upon sensing financial opportunity due to rising prices for energy, build cleaner coal fired plants to replace them.

What's wrong with that?

Don't you people have FAITH in the invisible hand of the market?

Apparently you don't have faith in that invisible hand of the market when it dopeslaps the people with money.

Why is it that you have every confidence in the invisible hand when it is dopeslapping consumers but not businesses?

Those plants that are shutting down are competeing with plants that DON'T spew crap into the air.

Level playing field and they just cannot compete.

I thought you guys all loved the CREATIVE DESTRUCTION of capitalism.

Well?

Do you or do you not believe in that?

Last edited:
Thanks Barack… 3 West Virginia Coal Plants to Close | The Gateway Pundit

Three West Virginia coal plants just announced they will close this year. Metro News reported: Ohio based FirstEnergy Corporation announces it will close three coal fired power plants in West Virginia by this fall. The closings come directly from the impact of new federal EPA regulations. The plants to close are Albright Power Station, Willow Island Power Station, and the Rivesville Power Station. The company says 105 employees will be directly impacted. The three plants produce 660 megawatts and about 3-percent of FirstEnergy’s total generation. In recent years, the plants served as “peaking facilities” and generated power during times of...

The unemployed workers can always go out and start their own business or get jobs as CEOs

EPA operates at the behest of the POTUS. It's time for the Congress to take them down a few notches in funding and rein them in to be more responsible.

By law, the EPA is supposed to look at economic impact on any rules they might issue. Looks to me that they could give a shit...nor does Obama.

You know the pity? It was a great concept. No politics should ever been involved in a mission to truly try to keep the planet clean from all our excesses.

Instead it has now become a tool for the WH to belittle sad souls in the middle of nowhere trying to crank out a cranola crop.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back