Thanks a lot Dodd/Frank bank fees going up again

Funny how I see banks as just greedy bastards, yet you some how blame democrats....

another partisan hack..

Tell me something: These suits at the bank? These guys who make these decisions to charge these fees and are most likely on huge 6-figure salaries? You think they vote Democrat? RATFLMAO...

Yeah, totally greedy to work support your family. Nothing but greed there. You would prefer they starve because the Government has decided to regulate them into poverty?

Funny how I see banks as just greedy bastards, yet you some how blame democrats....

another partisan hack..

Tell me something: These suits at the bank? These guys who make these decisions to charge these fees and are most likely on huge 6-figure salaries? You think they vote Democrat? RATFLMAO...

Yeah, totally greedy to work support your family. Nothing but greed there. You would prefer they starve because the Government has decided to regulate them into poverty?

:lol:

The streets of America are just littered with starving bankers!

You guys are too much man. Tooooooo much.

Chase as well as Wells Fargo are adding fees to personal checking accounts as well as monthly fees on debit card usage in the hopes of curbing usage of them.

Yea, democrats are for the little guy my ass.

Wells Fargo's $3 Debit Card Charge: A Sign of More Bank Fees to Come? - DailyFinance

A new report

emerged Tuesday that Wells Fargo (WFC) will begin charging some customers $3 every month to use their debit card --further indication that banks are putting on the squeeze as new swipe-card regulations are set to take effect.

3 cheers for over regulation. Yeah, yeah, yeah

lol, I remember back in my yoot when my bank continued to approve my debit card transactions after I ran out of money, then popped me for $35 for each time I'd used it, and having them tell me they couldn't refund the fees because of regulations...

You silly, stupid, ridiculous man. :lol:

You failed to live within your means and didn't read the fine print. And I'm silly? Classic

You like regulation and govt control. I get it. Unlike you I don't. I have a small business and I hate the ridiculous amount of red tape I have to jump through just so the govt can make a buck and feel empowered.

Do you run a point-of-sale business? Like a store, or a gas station?

I do, and Dodd-Frank is going to save me thousands of dollars a year in POS debit purchases.

It's your choice to accept credit cards. I stopped accepting them about 3 years ago because of the fees. You see, I spoke through my money. Your speaking through govt.

I own a gas station. If I didn't accept cards, I would lose more than half of my business. Do you think a gas station could exist if it didn't take cards, especially when it costs nearly a hundred bucks to fill the tank?

Chase as well as Wells Fargo are adding fees to personal checking accounts as well as monthly fees on debit card usage in the hopes of curbing usage of them.

Wells Fargo's $3 Debit Card Charge: A Sign of More Bank Fees to Come? - DailyFinance

A new report

emerged Tuesday that Wells Fargo (WFC) will begin charging some customers $3 every month to use their debit card --further indication that banks are putting on the squeeze as new swipe-card regulations are set to take effect.

lol, I remember back in my yoot when my bank continued to approve my debit card transactions after I ran out of money, then popped me for $35 for each time I'd used it, and having them tell me they couldn't refund the fees because of regulations...

You silly, stupid, ridiculous man. :lol:

You failed to live within your means and didn't read the fine print. And I'm silly? Classic

You're an idiot if you believe your bank is trying to rape you because regulations say they have to... Hear that WHOOOOOOOSHing sound? Bet you hear it a lot. :thup:

another partisan hack..

Do you prefer that Banks have free reign to fuck over their customers?

You like regulation and govt control. I get it. Unlike you I don't. I have a small business and I hate the ridiculous amount of red tape I have to jump through just so the govt can make a buck and feel empowered.

Do you run a point-of-sale business? Like a store, or a gas station?

I do, and Dodd-Frank is going to save me thousands of dollars a year in POS debit purchases.

It's your choice to accept credit cards. I stopped accepting them about 3 years ago because of the fees. You see, I spoke through my money. Your speaking through govt.

Well, we agree on something. I never use credit cards. I try to use cash whenever possible.

Regulation drives the black market. Let's increase regulation.

I, and thousands of other small business owners will save thousands of dollars in fees from banks due to Dodd-Frank.

Do you expect a "black market" banking system to develop?

Nothing more than redistributing money. Take from big biz and give to you.

You choose to conduct your business in the manner you see fit. So did the bank. Do you know how many deadbeats there are that defraud the bank? Their are risks in every industry. You accepted the banks terms by choice. No one forces you to conduct business with them.

Congress saves YOU money through this legislation at the expense of the little guy. But like all libs, as long as it helps you, your ok with it.

A new report

You just made me look at my rewards for debit usage. Chase told me they would discontinue issuing points in May. I am still receiving points and I havent been charged any extras what so ever. I do know however its hitting those with low balances.

This is the democrats way of saying I WILL SHOW AMERICA TO QUESTION MY HOME LOAN.

another partisan hack..

I prefer that people are responsible and don't blame others when they make mistakes. If I were to put my account in the hole my bank would charge me 30 bucks. It's simple, don't spend more than you can afford.

another partisan hack..

Avatar, I'm 44 years old and used to work in a bank. They are nothing but greedy bastards. In fact, bank fees did not come into play when I worked there and have only been around for about 20 years. They used to earn plenty without them.

Back in NZ I used to get pinged $10 a year for a 'service commitment fee'. WTF? What service? What commitment.

So if they got rid of fees they'd only earn a profit of $350 million instead of $400 million? Boo hoo..cry me a freaking river. Greedy bastards...nothing more, nothing less....Good banks survived centuries without fees until some accountant - much like a govt - thought "How can we tax people without doing a damn thing. Oh, I know, let's charge them fees for non existant services."

Did you know that back in the day the excuse (down here anyway) about fees was that they had to pay tellers and customer services people. Now that a lot of bank services are automated - I've been into a bank about three times in the past two years - they can no longer use that excuse.

Gramp's indignation is aimed at the wrong people. But then again, coming from an uber capitalistic system like the US, if anybody is making money/ripping people off, then it is to be applauded. Money is king!

Last edited:

I prefer that people are responsible and don't blame others when they make mistakes. If I were to put my account in the hole my bank would charge me 30 bucks. It's simple, don't spend more than you can afford.

Some people are smart enough to have over draft protection.

Regulation drives the black market. Let's increase regulation.

I, and thousands of other small business owners will save thousands of dollars in fees from banks due to Dodd-Frank.

Do you expect a "black market" banking system to develop?

Nothing more than redistributing money. Take from big biz and give to you.

You choose to conduct your business in the manner you see fit. So did the bank. Do you know how many deadbeats there are that defraud the bank? Their are risks in every industry. You accepted the banks terms by choice. No one forces you to conduct business with them.

Congress saves YOU money through this legislation at the expense of the little guy. But like all libs, as long as it helps you, your ok with it.

What you don't understand is that it's not at the expense of the little guy unless you let them.

Do the free-market thing. Take your business elsewhere. Banks are in a competitive market, and if Chase and Wells Fargo start charging you more, switch to your local First Bank of East Bumblefuck, and maybe Chase will realize the error of their ways.

What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

What does that have to do with what we're talking about?

Responsibility also means that you understand the risks of using credit, which is what perpetuated this regulation. In an effort to protect the irresponsible its costing everyone in the long run. It's all connected. And just to let you know, I'm aware that banks like all businesses want the largest profit margin possible. But unlike some I see the link between regulation and higher costs.

I'm done in here for now. I had a long day at work and need a shower and a beer. Later.....

Forum List

Back