Thanks a lot Dodd/Frank bank fees going up again

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Chase as well as Wells Fargo are adding fees to personal checking accounts as well as monthly fees on debit card usage in the hopes of curbing usage of them.

Yea, democrats are for the little guy my ass.

Wells Fargo's $3 Debit Card Charge: A Sign of More Bank Fees to Come? - DailyFinance

A new report

emerged Tuesday that Wells Fargo (WFC) will begin charging some customers $3 every month to use their debit card --further indication that banks are putting on the squeeze as new swipe-card regulations are set to take effect.

3 cheers for over regulation. Yeah, yeah, yeah

• Banned
Average 100 dollars per year per customer. Yep, makes the rich, richer does it not?

Democrats are so full of it. They don't care about the poor as much as POWER over the masses.

So, banks are losing money because Dodd-Frank forced them to stop screwing small businesses - and now they're taking it out on the customers, and you're blaming the bill?

Does it hurt to have your nose so far up big businesses ass?

I have a better solution. Do what I did: switch banks. I got sick of Chase dicking me around constantly, so I switched to a smaller bank. They charge no fees, and they even reimburse me when I use another bank's ATM.

• Banned
So, banks are losing money because Dodd-Frank forced them to stop screwing small businesses - and now they're taking it out on the customers, and you're blaming the bill?

I have a better solution. Do what I did: switch banks. I got sick of Chase dicking me around constantly, so I switched to a smaller bank. They charge no fees, and they even reimburse me when I use another bank's ATM.

Cause no other bank will follow suit right?

• Banned
So change to one of the many banks that retain free checking accounts.

(Idiot)

You just don't get it do you. All banks will eventually follow suit. Why roll over for regulation? If customers are too fucking stupid to read the fine print they deserve their situation. There are consequences for living beyond your means and its not the govts job to read the fine print for me.

Cause no other bank will follow suit right?

Smaller, local banks that aren't multi-nationals? They can't afford to. Hense why they've had free accounts for years now, while all the giant banks charge fees for everything.

So change to one of the many banks that retain free checking accounts.

(Idiot)

You just don't get it do you. All banks will eventually follow suit. Why roll over for regulation? If customers are too fucking stupid to read the fine print they deserve their situation. There are consequences for living beyond your means and its not the govts job to read the fine print for me.

No, they won't.

How come, right now, my bank doesn't charge me ATM fees? All the big banks do - why didn't they "follow suit" then?

And by the way, why the hell should I have to pay more because congress wants to protect some jackass who didn't read the fine print and got rightfully charged for being an irresponsible moron?

I'll pay more in fees now because some idiot who couldn't afford a large purchase did it anyways.

And by the way, why the hell should I have to pay more because congress wants to protect some jackass who didn't read the fine print and got rightfully charged for being an irresponsible moron?

I'll pay more in fees now because some idiot who couldn't afford a large purchase did it anyways.

Did you read your own article? It's not talking about overdraft fees, it's talking about the per-transaction fee charged to the store when you pay with a debit card.

Did you read your own article? It's not talking about overdraft fees, it's talking about the per-transaction fee charged to the store when you pay with a debit card.

Yes, I read several articles on the subject. And these fees are in the test phase. If enough people don't complain they will spread industry wide.

These fees are a direct result of congress stepping on business practices and as usual it will drive the cost up. When govt tries to regulate business the cost is always passed on to us.

Funny how I see banks as just greedy bastards, yet you some how blame democrats....

another partisan hack..

Tell me something: These suits at the bank? These guys who make these decisions to charge these fees and are most likely on huge 6-figure salaries? You think they vote Democrat? RATFLMAO...

Yes, I read several articles on the subject. And these fees are in the test phase. If enough people don't complain they will spread industry wide.
First of all - people will complain. Like you're doing now, and like I did when I moved my accounts.

Second, you're talking out of your ass. They're not going to spread "industry-wide", because Chase bank and my bank aren't in the same "industry". Chase is a multi-national financial company, and my bank is a local savings and loan.

These fees are a direct result of congress stepping on business practices and as usual it will drive the cost up. When govt tries to regulate business the cost is always passed on to us.

Well, at a time when Conservatives literally can't stop yelling about Obama damaging small business, I think it's pretty hilarious to complain about a bill that literally puts thousands of dollars back into the hands of small business.

Chase as well as Wells Fargo are adding fees to personal checking accounts as well as monthly fees on debit card usage in the hopes of curbing usage of them.

Wells Fargo's $3 Debit Card Charge: A Sign of More Bank Fees to Come? - DailyFinance

A new report

emerged Tuesday that Wells Fargo (WFC) will begin charging some customers $3 every month to use their debit card --further indication that banks are putting on the squeeze as new swipe-card regulations are set to take effect.

Well if the American dollar is still legal tender in this country--then CASH IS KING.

You like regulation and govt control. I get it. Unlike you I don't. I have a small business and I hate the ridiculous amount of red tape I have to jump through just so the govt can make a buck and feel empowered.

You like regulation and govt control. I get it. Unlike you I don't. I have a small business and I hate the ridiculous amount of red tape I have to jump through just so the govt can make a buck and feel empowered.

Do you run a point-of-sale business? Like a store, or a gas station?

I do, and Dodd-Frank is going to save me thousands of dollars a year in POS debit purchases.

A new report

lol, I remember back in my yoot when my bank continued to approve my debit card transactions after I ran out of money, then popped me for $35 for each time I'd used it, and having them tell me they couldn't refund the fees because of regulations...

You silly, stupid, ridiculous man. :lol:

Do you run a point-of-sale business? Like a store, or a gas station?

I do, and Dodd-Frank is going to save me thousands of dollars a year in POS debit purchases.

It's your choice to accept credit cards. I stopped accepting them about 3 years ago because of the fees. You see, I spoke through my money. Your speaking through govt.

Forum List

Back