Thanks a lot, Baby Boomers

KevinWestern

Hello
Mar 8, 2012
Chicago, IL
So baby boomers....

(1) Go to college dirt cheap, then jack up the price about 700% by the time I attended, (2) traded the idea of sane responsible banking for a "live for the moment" get rich quick profit scheme that crashed our global economy in 2006-2008, and (3) have drilled a giant divide in Washington D.C. by encouraging and perpetuating a nasty culture of political extremism.

Am I just being cynical, or does the "baby boom" generation have some explaining to do?

Sort of a half serious post, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited:
So baby boomers....

(1) Go to college dirt cheap, then jack up the price about 700% by the time I attended, (2) traded the idea of sane responsible banking for a "live for the moment" get rich quick profit scheme that crashed our global economy in 2006-2008, and (3) have drilled a giant divide in Washington D.C. by encouraging and perpetuating a nasty culture of political extremism and billion dollar campaigns.

Am I just being cynical, or does the "baby boom" generation have some explaining to do?

What do you know about Mao and his batshit insane youth revolution - that or Pol Pot???

If you were smart you would realize you're nothing more than a collectivist tool...

So baby boomers.....

I think your ire is misplaced. It's central planners that caused the problems you've outline. It just so happens that the baby boomers coincided with the rise of central planners...but don't blame someone for when they were born, blame the assholes that actually caused the problems. That would be those that think they know what's best for everyone else.

So baby boomers....

(1) Go to college dirt cheap, then jack up the price about 700% by the time I attended, (2) traded the idea of sane responsible banking for a "live for the moment" get rich quick profit scheme that crashed our global economy in 2006-2008, and (3) have drilled a giant divide in Washington D.C. by encouraging and perpetuating a nasty culture of political extremism and billion dollar campaigns.

What do you know about Mao and his batshit insane youth revolution - that or Pol Pot???

If you were smart you would realize you're nothing more than a collectivist tool...

Wanna bet he has a Che t-shirt?

So baby boomers.....

I think your ire is misplaced. It's central planners that caused the problems you've outline. It just so happens that the baby boomers coincided with the rise of central planners...but don't blame someone for when they were born, blame the assholes that actually caused the problems. That would be those that think they know what's best for everyone else.

It was for the greater good, you know!

Progressives are attempting to pin all of our problems on "old people" or their parents...

Mao did this and so did Pol Pot's Cambodia...

Pinning children against their parents is a communist goal - a totalitarian goal.

So baby boomers....

Wanna bet he has a Che t-shirt?

I'd bet money he owns one - or at least did own one at some point....

"Collectivist tool"? Would you be able to outline the stream of thought that led you from (a) my post to (b) that conclusion?

So baby boomers....

(1) Go to college dirt cheap, then jack up the price about 700% by the time I attended, (2) traded the idea of sane responsible banking for a "live for the moment" get rich quick profit scheme that crashed our global economy in 2006-2008, and (3) have drilled a giant divide in Washington D.C. by encouraging and perpetuating a nasty culture of political extremism.

No.....you're just a little.....

You can have......

.....though.....especially the ones that jumped on the Teabagger-wagon.

(....Or, whatever trend they're chasing, presently.)

"Collectivist tool"? Would you be able to outline the stream of thought that led you from (a) my post to (b) that conclusion?

Obviously you're taking college courses, obviously you're blaming the past for your present problems and obviously your conclusion was influenced...

Modern colleges are like reeducation camps where authoritarians and totalitarians brainwash you.....

Instead of having you critically analyzing Mao, Pol Pot, Che, Ho Chi Minh etc - they will have you praising them...

The baby boomers are the last American working population. It's baby boomers still working to support lay about children dreaming of the freebies the government will give them when those parents die.

Meanwhile, in the real world, American teens have created a wasteland of their own worthless lives.

Hard-partying young Americans have highest death rate of any high-income country, study says - NY Daily News

The new mantra for a growing number of American youths: Party hard, die young and leave a good-looking corpse.

A new study of adolescent health around the globe found the United States had the highest mortality rate for people ages 10-to-24 of any high-income country in the world.

The American kids were also No. 1 in pot-smoking, moving toward the top spot in boozing — all while still hitting the gym harder than their contemporaries in other wealthy nations.

Death on the wrong end of a gun or any other violent method is up to 20 times more likely in the U.S. than the other 27 wealthy nations, according to findings reported in The Lancet, a British medical journal.

Traffic accidents combined with the violent deaths boosted the U.S. to its undesired position atop the mortality charts, The Lancet wrote in a series of articles this week.

Read more: Hard-partying young Americans have highest death rate of any high-income country, study says - NY Daily News

These are obama voters, or at the very least capable of berating parents to vote for obama. If baby boomers are at all at fault, it's because they didn't take a 2x4 to the backsides of their children and sent them out to work at 10.

So baby boomers.....

I can agree with that, to some degree. The 1940's/50's was the first era in American history (I believe) where the middle class were forced to pay income taxes, and I think we've kind of witnessed a spiral out of control since then with regards to the size and efficiency of the government.

It's much easier to build a government outwards, than shrink a government inwards.

Last edited:
The baby boomers are the last American working population. It's baby boomers still working to support lay about children dreaming of the freebies the government will give them when those parents die.

Meanwhile, in the real world, American teens have created a wasteland of their own worthless lives.

Hard-partying young Americans have highest death rate of any high-income country, study says - NY Daily News

The new mantra for a growing number of American youths: Party hard, die young and leave a good-looking corpse.

A new study of adolescent health around the globe found the United States had the highest mortality rate for people ages 10-to-24 of any high-income country in the world.

The American kids were also No. 1 in pot-smoking, moving toward the top spot in boozing — all while still hitting the gym harder than their contemporaries in other wealthy nations.

Death on the wrong end of a gun or any other violent method is up to 20 times more likely in the U.S. than the other 27 wealthy nations, according to findings reported in The Lancet, a British medical journal.

Traffic accidents combined with the violent deaths boosted the U.S. to its undesired position atop the mortality charts, The Lancet wrote in a series of articles this week.

Read more: Hard-partying young Americans have highest death rate of any high-income country, study says - NY Daily News

These are obama voters, or at the very least capable of berating parents to vote for obama. If baby boomers are at all at fault, it's because they didn't take a 2x4 to the backsides of their children and sent them out to work at 10.

So, we have a demographic that leans towards liberals and so they must be demonized!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back