Thanking My Lucky Stars!

masquerade

positivity
Oct 15, 2009
right of center
I work in the healthcare field and I just received a phone call from a gentleman looking to get hooked up with transportation to and from his MD appointments. The man spoke slow and clearly and I knew something was up. Well, during the conversation I came to realize that the gentleman had suffered a stroke. The man is my age. 43.

Today I am especially grateful for my health.

Strokes and heart attack ack ack ack ack acks run in my family. I'm a year older than my dad was when he died. Mom went at 67. Brother at 48. Yup everyday above ground is a blessing.

Unless....

...you're a zombie. :D

Strokes and heart attack ack ack ack ack acks run in my family. I'm a year older than my dad was when he died. Mom went at 67. Brother at 48. Yup everyday above ground is a blessing.

Unless....

...you're a zombie. :D

Good point Mr. H! ( I will be sitting on my sofa this evening watching this week's episode! )

One of the first bits of info I receive when anyone rings my office for patient care is the date of birth. When he said 1967, it hit home. I immediately put myself in his situation and realized just how difficult life would be. ( having two young children ) We often take life and our health for granted, forgetting that anyone of us could have a life altertering situation at any point.

Forum List

Back