Thanking God for America

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
What a grateful journalist, as we all should be this Thanksgiving.

Thank You, God, for America
By Tom Purcell, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
November 20, 2005

There's been a lot of complaining lately, some of it warranted, but for the most part too many of us forget how blessed we are to be Americans. So let me take a stab at remembering some of the things we have to be grateful for this Thanksgiving.

for full article:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/opinion/columnists/purcell/s_395996.html

How I wish it would engender just the tiniest feeling of gratitude in the hearts of those who so assiduously tear down this country day by day. Of course, they claim they are "patriots/patriotic", just the same as we are.
Uh-hum. :)

Thank YOU, Adam's Apple, for a wonderful, thoughtful piece. Here's one of my favorite points:

"Though hacks and charlatans have the same ability to voice their opinions as more thoughtful folks, debate is healthier than it's ever been, to the benefit of any democratic system".

This is truly cause for gratitude. The technology known as the Internet has dealt a mortal blow to the hacks and charlatans who would impose tyranny on this nation. They KNOW this. Absent monopolistic control over the dissemination of information, their hateful worldview is a dead man walking; it cannot survive the light of day.

But, a rat is never more dangerous than when cornered. The recent U.N./ICANN spat was NOTHING compared to the war that's coming. Control of the Internet - like the impending battle for the judiciary - is part of an ideological fight to the death.

We can TRULY show our gratitude by remaining brave and vigilant.

Forum List

Back