Thank You

hortysir

In Memorial of 47
Apr 30, 2010
Port Charlotte, FL
It's always around this time of year that I feel the urge to pass along my heart-felt thanks to the Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, and the other flavors of non-Christians.

So,
I'd like to thank you for yet another couple-few weeks out of the month of December where you have taken the time and energy out of your lives to teach me about my religion and the days that I hold dearly as holy.

Thank you for reminding me, AGAIN, of the Pagan roots of Christmas time.
It never gets old for me. :doubt:
Thank you for another year of instructing me on the origins of my tree, mistletoe, ornaments, stockings, etc...

Thank you for reminding me that, as much as you don't believe in my Christ, (some of) you have no problem celebrating a day that has His name as the root word.

Thank you.

I look forward to chatting with you, again, in March or April when you can further teach me AGAIN about the fertility rituals and symbolism as they pertain to Easter.

:eusa_clap:

As a token of my thanks, I'd like to leave you with this:

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

:eusa_whistle:

It's always around this time of year that I feel the urge to pass along my heart-felt thanks to the Pagans, Atheists, Agnostics, and the other flavors of non-Christians.

So,
I'd like to thank you for yet another couple-few weeks out of the month of December where you have taken the time and energy out of your lives to teach me about my religion and the days that I hold dearly as holy.

Thank you for another year of instructing me on the origins of my tree, mistletoe, ornaments, stockings, etc...

Thank you for reminding me that, as much as you don't believe in my Christ, (some of) you have no problem celebrating a day that has His name as the root word.

Thank you.

I look forward to chatting with you, again, in March or April when you can further teach me AGAIN about the fertility rituals and symbolism as they pertain to Easter.

Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

what kind of Christmas tree did Christ decorate?

So,

Thank you.

t-t-t-thank YOU :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I was just curious Horty....since I have been pretty busy and not around here too much as of late....

How many threads have these athiests started on the topic? I know I have seen your thread on it saying they are bashing your christmas, and I know I have seen foxfyre's thread that she started on the same type thing as this one of yours and I know Yidnar started one, with the same gist.....

but have these so called atheist agnostics pagans etc started threads bashing your Christmas or have they just participated in all the threads those with political positions of the right wing started to stir up the situation????

Outside of those questions, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Horty andddddddd

MY GOODNESS, on your avatar!!! ;)

I was just curious Horty....since I have been pretty busy and not around here too much as of late....

How many threads have these athiests started on the topic? I know I have seen your thread on it saying they are bashing your christmas, and I know I have seen foxfyre's thread that she started on the same type thing as this one of yours and I know Yidnar started one, with the same gist.....

but have these so called atheist agnostics pagans etc started threads bashing your Christmas or have they just participated in all the threads those with political positions of the right wing started to stir up the situation????

Outside of those questions, I hope you have a very Merry Christmas Horty andddddddd

I'm not on so much about the number of threads, just the sheer number of posts that feel obligated to enlighten me/us on what Christmas is all about and how it all started.

It's not like this is the first time I (or anyone else) has ever read any of their talking points.
And, like I said, these same people will crawl out of the woodwork around Easter time to enlighten me/us on the origins of Easter.

Merry Christmas to you and yours too, ma'am
:cool:
and, you ARE welcome
:redface:

makes u wonder if he's gay or straight.

Agnostic here. For the record I think people who attack someone's sincere faith, are rude. I don't know if there's a God or not, and someone who emphatically tells me there isn't...is a liar. No one knows. At least the religious say it's a matter of faith.

,says the poster with a little boy's naked butt bending over for him

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

it's one thing to be a prankster and another to think ur sexy. Or that ur rendition of Christ the Almightty?

So,

Thank you.

what kind of Christmas tree did Christ decorate?

here ya go.

Attachments

• $barking.jpg
    $barking.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 70
Having been baptized and raised in the Roman Catholic Faith, I gotta admit that I dig the Pagan stuff.

I'd never even been exposed to Pagan literature until I dated one. I had no clue. She never spoke the first word of it.

But one day I got to browsing the bookshelf and started reading- not much, but just enough to pique my interest. And it absolutely fascinated me.

At my insistence, we didn't have a "wedding" but a Handfasting.
And when our daughter was born, I gleened what I could on baptism rituals.
We laid our baby daughter on a blaket in the back yard, spread grains and oils around her, and read a few passages. My choice was some lyrics translated from Cambodian that are part of a favorite song:

I am a child of the universe.

I deserve total recognition of this in the light of God.

Being a child of the universe,
I want to live in a world without war
I want to live in a world without starvation
I want to live in a world without pestilence
I want to live in a world of love, peace and harmony

Because I am a child of the universe.

What little exposure I've had to the Pagan practice makes more sense to me than the 18 years of Catholic indoctrination that I had experienced.

Oh- BTW- here's that song. Give it a listen. It's stunning and profound:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r1gDrTpwVw]Yes[/ame]

So,

Thank you.

Just wanted to let you know that Jesus did not celebrate Christmas.

So,

Thank you.

Just wanted to let you know that Jesus did not celebrate Christmas.

Birthdays, either
:cool:

Forum List

Back