Thank you Veterans.

One holiday that is well observed by a certain faction of Veterans is November 10th. It's hard to explain but the birthday of the Marine Corps is so ingrained in everyone who ever served in the Marines no matter how long ago that they remember every year. Semper Fi

Semper Fidelis

Attachments

• $sprngkabar2.JPG
    $sprngkabar2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 80
  • $RIAHMhat2.JPG
    $RIAHMhat2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 63
  • $RIA1.JPG
    $RIA1.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 71
I belong to the Legion. I joined the local VFW a couple of years ago but found out that the post was dry and the old WW2 vets were only concerned about rides to the VA and I learned how to run a bingo game. The Moose were better company.

We don't operate a bar. We do put on a memorial Day Ceremony in 2 different cemeteries each year.
We carry the colors during 2 different local parades each year.

We provide an honor guard for all Legion members who pass away and a firing squad for any veteran whose family requests it.

We send 2 or 3 kids to Buckeye Boys State each year.

We also sponsor an Americanism program in the local High School.

And of course we assist any Veteran who needs it, if we can.

Almost forgot the flag retirement ceremony each year......

One holiday that is well observed by a certain faction of Veterans is November 10th. It's hard to explain but the birthday of the Marine Corps is so ingrained in everyone who ever served in the Marines no matter how long ago that they remember every year. Semper Fi

Semper Fidelis

I forgot to include the Navy Corpsmen who will always be an honored part of the Marine Corps family. Always faithful.

Semper Fidelis

I forgot to include the Navy Corpsmen who will always be an honored part of the Marine Corps family. Always faithful.

In 26 years as a Corpsman, I did three FMF tours. Spent more time with the Marines than most Marines ever do. Now my son is a Marine.

Navy Corpsmen were always my favorites.
Especially those who were Independent Duty.
Knew more than the damn docs!

Regarding the VFW, American Legion, etc. - I am a dues paying member, but have not been involved with activities in many years.

Perhaps I should.

Especially those who were Independent Duty. Knew more than the damn docs!

Regarding the VFW, American Legion, etc. - I am a dues paying member, but have not been involved with activities in many years.

Perhaps I should.

That was me.

Perhaps I should.

That was me.

Yep - I remember you said that on this forum earlier.
You guys were the best

My Dad (RIP) was the best
Navy Vet
Southern Pacific WW2
Boatswain's Mate 2/C

"Fair winds and following seas" to him. RIP Warrior's Pop.

Thank you my dear.
He passed in early October - 90 years old.
I saw him on Sunday (watched football together) - and he was gone Tuesday afternoon.
I miss him much.
How he loved the U.S. Navy, the years he served, and this country.

This country has had a long and honorable tradition of recognizing the sacrifice and efforts of our veterans, but it never seems to be enough.

Thank you to all the veterans for your service and loyalty. We will never forget.

I've been around long enough to observe that respect for Veterans is trendy. Ironically it seems that democrat administrations encourage the weepy type of respect probably as a defense mechanism for their history of disdain for the Military. I fly the flag every day and mourn my fellow Veterans in private.

It's called comradery

Last edited:

Perhaps I should.

That was me.

Me too, for a while.

Of all the medical work I did for the NAV, that was the most interesting work I got to do.

Most of the work was fairly routine, of course, but every once in a while we got a diagnostic problem that was fascinating.

My Dad (RIP) was the best
Navy Vet
Southern Pacific WW2
Boatswain's Mate 2/C

"Fair winds and following seas" to him. RIP Warrior's Pop.

Thank you my dear.
He passed in early October - 90 years old.
I saw him on Sunday (watched football together) - and he was gone Tuesday afternoon.
I miss him much.
How he loved the U.S. Navy, the years he served, and this country.

Nice tribute Warrior.

Perhaps I should.

That was me.

Me too, for a while.

Of all the medical work I did for the NAV, that was the most interesting work I got to do.

Most of the work was fairly routine, of course, but every once in a while we got a diagnostic problem that was fascinating.

Thanks for your service too Doc!

My dad was a WWII and Korea vet, stayed in long enough to do a couple TDYs to Vietnam. He passed a long time ago, but left us with an indelible sense of personal responsibility that is nowhere as strong as it used to be. Exceptmaybe in the young men and women of our Armed Forces today. God Bless 'em.

Best wishes to all my fellow vets, have a great day.

Last edited:
Veterans-Day-2009.jpg

Ok Veterans, I am going to be off tomorrow for Veterans day so I wanted to wish all of you and your families a Happy Veterans Day in advance, I am not sure what I am going to do yet for tomorrow I will probably go out to lunch somewhere and call up a few friends still in the service to see how they are doing. Take care all.:salute:

Forum List

Back