Thank you Veterans.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
On this veterans day November 11, 2011, I would like to salute all my fellow veterans and say thank you.

Here is an entertaining story about one of our veterans still serving that might surprise many of you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrZ7HNlwQYU]NFL Cheerleader Serves in U.S. Air Force - YouTube[/ame]

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

John Stuart Mill (1806 - 1873)

Thank you .

military_salute.jpg

Thank you Ollie, and the rest of you veterans as well.

I love Vets Day!
So MANY, MANY good memories of those who have served. Those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
I was in the local "Wa Wa" tonight (LARGE convenience store). In came a bunch of men and women who will graduate tomorrow from our Fire/Rescue. Came in for a drink/snack. (Now that I think of it - I should have paid their whole tab!!!!)
Damn - they looked like Marines! They made me proud and honored that we have such good kids out there == still!!!
Although not "Vets," (yet( I thanked them for their service.
True heros. Already - and they haven't even started yet!

God bless em!

Last edited:
I've been around long enough to observe that respect for Veterans is trendy. Ironically it seems that democrat administrations encourage the weepy type of respect probably as a defense mechanism for their history of disdain for the Military. I fly the flag every day and mourn my fellow Veterans in private.

Many people do not understand the Military Holidays. As I call them.

Memorial Day is a day of remembering those who served and have left this life behind.

Armed forced Day is a Day to thank those who are presently serving in uniform.

Veterans Day is the day we thank those who have worn the uniform in the past and are not ready for Memorial day yet.

And yes, my flag flys 24/7 And I change out the lower two flags every couple of weeks or so to keep it fresh..................

One holiday that is well observed by a certain faction of Veterans is November 10th. It's hard to explain but the birthday of the Marine Corps is so ingrained in everyone who ever served in the Marines no matter how long ago that they remember every year. Semper Fi

One holiday that is well observed by a certain faction of Veterans is November 10th. It's hard to explain but the birthday of the Marine Corps is so ingrained in everyone who ever served in the Marines no matter how long ago that they remember every year. Semper Fi

My American Legion Post is having our Veterans Day Dinner on the 10th this year. We will post the colors, say the pledge, and someone will make a motion that we dispense with the meeting in honor of Veterans Day. At this time I will say a few words about Veterans Day. (I'm the local Commander) I already had planned to have everyone stand up and give the Corps a happy Birthday applause as part of my very short speech.

I belong to the Legion. I joined the local VFW a couple of years ago but found out that the post was dry and the old WW2 vets were only concerned about rides to the VA and I learned how to run a bingo game. The Moose were better company.

Forum List

Back