THANK YOU THANK YOU--Diane Fienstein--just stopped this stimulus bill in it's tracks!

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
YEAH--BREAKING NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU!

Diane Fienstein Democrat from the state of California--who I consider very liberal has just jumped on board with rational--& stated she will not be rushed into this 937 BILLION DOLLAR stimulus package!

For all you Californians out there that called her to complain--Megga dittos to you. Sorry you're just getting an IOU for your state income tax returns this year. But--see what you just did. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!

I am Republican & I congratulate you Diane Fienstein for coming to your senses! I may even call you to say THANK YOU!

I'll bet Nancy Porklosi is really ticked, ha. ha.

Diane Fienstein Democrat from the state of California--who I consider very liberal has just jumped on board with rational--& stated she will not be rushed into this 937 BILLION DOLLAR stimulus package!

For all you Californians out there that called her to complain--Megga dittos to you. Sorry you're just getting an IOU for your state income tax returns this year. But--see what you just did. YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE!

I am Republican & I congratulate you Diane Fienstein for coming to your senses! I may even call you to say THANK YOU!

Fienstein???

Really???

Any link to this???

I think the OP and the rest of the Republicans reading this just came with their reactions.

Acting like they just won the election. :lol:

Republicans on this board are fucking stupid if they truly believe this bill won't eventually pass. The Republicans in congress wouldn't mind passing if there was more tax cuts, which is a stupid idea. Especially since tax cuts didn't solve the crisis of the 80's or the one for the last eight years.

Republicans on this board are fucking stupid if they truly believe this bill won't eventually pass. The Republicans in congress wouldn't mind passing if there was more tax cuts, which is a stupid idea. Especially since tax cuts didn't solve the crisis of the 80's or the one for the last eight years.

Your inane profanity aside, I believe most understand some form of stimulus bill will pass - it is the nature of that bill which is in dispute.

The fact is, the version passed down by the Democrat controlled Congress is already dead in part due to the public outrage that gathered as more and more became aware of its contents.

That is a good thing.

Are you sure? :confused: I couldn't find anything current about Feinstein on this.

Obama Raises Stakes for Senate's Economic Stimulus Bill

Friday, February 6, 2009; 1:11 PM

President Obama stepped up pressure on Congress today to pass a massive economic stimulus bill, citing new unemployment numbers to charge that further delay is "inexcusable and irresponsible."

In remarks at an appearance to introduce a new Economic Recovery Advisory Board, Obama also stressed that his election in November gave him a mandate for change, and he endorsed the size, scope and priorities of the stimulus package -- now totaling more than $900 billion -- in the face of Republican opposition.

Obama Raises Stakes for Senate's Economic Stimulus Bill - washingtonpost.com

Diane Fienstein wants to be re-elected and one other point is that now that no republican's will vote for it, and the dems that do, and the stimulus package is a colossal failure...the dems will all get that blame, and she isn't certain she wants her name on that bill yet. This is why she needs to clearly take her time, maybe the wind will shift she is hoping.

Your inane profanity aside, I believe most understand some form of stimulus bill will pass - it is the nature of that bill which is in dispute.

The fact is, the version passed down by the Democrat controlled Congress is already dead in part due to the public outrage that gathered as more and more became aware of its contents.

That is a good thing.

Let me ask you something Sinatra, Republicans have controlled the White House since 1980 except for 8 years with Clinton which America was at it's finest. Plus, Republicans have controlled the White House and Senate since 1994 until 2006.

So I ask you this, how the hell is it the Democrats fault that the country where it is?

I'll give you the real answer ahead of time, it isn't. Republican ideas and policies FAILED, simply put. The Republican party has become the Democrat Party of the 1960's except there is no JFK or RFK as they were both two of the best Liberal President/Presidential Candidate we had.

That is a good thing.

Let me ask you something Sinatra, Republicans have controlled the White House since 1980 except for 8 years with Clinton which America was at it's finest. Plus, Republicans have controlled the White House and Senate since 1994 until 2006.

So I ask you this, how the hell is it the Democrats fault that the country where it is?

I'll give you the real answer ahead of time, it isn't. Republican ideas and policies FAILED, simply put. The Republican party has become the Democrat Party of the 1960's except there is no JFK or RFK as they were both two of the best Liberal President/Presidential Candidate we had.

First, the current stimulus snaffu is the fault of the House Democrats - namely the Nancy Pelosis wing. There are some Democrats who are standing against the original scope of the stimulus bill. 11 House Democrats did so - and good for them as it was the right thing to do. The only bi-partisan efforts regarding the stimulus bill up to this point was the vote against it.

America was at its finest under Clinton? If so, then you must give some credit to the Republican controlled Congress during the final six of those eight years, no? Most of Clinton's legislative successes were handed to him by the Republican Congress - do you not recall Clinton's famous "The era of big government is over" comment? To Clinton's credit, he is a masterful politician whose pragmatic approach allowed him to survive the many difficulties within his tenure and emerge intact - if not somewhat damaged.

Lastly, it is difficult to have a conversation with someone who contradicts themselves within the very proximity of their own comments.

You stated Republicans controlled the White House but for eight years since 1980, then finish your statement pointing out that Republicans have controlled the White House and Senate (you realize that is different than the House, right?) since 1994 to 2006.

Please research your own posting history, and then once you have mastered that, start researching actual American history, perhaps starting with an understanding of the 3 branches of government.

Good luck with your studies!

First, the current stimulus snaffu is the fault of the House Democrats - namely the Nancy Pelosis wing. There are some Democrats who are standing against the original scope of the stimulus bill. 11 House Democrats did so - and good for them as it was the right thing to do. The only bi-partisan efforts regarding the stimulus bill up to this point was the vote against it.

America was at its finest under Clinton? If so, then you must give some credit to the Republican controlled Congress during the final six of those eight years, no? Most of Clinton's legislative successes were handed to him by the Republican Congress - do you not recall Clinton's famous "The era of big government is over" comment? To Clinton's credit, he is a masterful politician whose pragmatic approach allowed him to survive the many difficulties within his tenure and emerge intact - if not somewhat damaged.

Lastly, it is difficult to have a conversation with someone who contradicts themselves within the very proximity of their own comments.

You stated Republicans controlled the White House but for eight years since 1980, then finish your statement pointing out that Republicans have controlled the White House and Senate (you realize that is different than the House, right?) since 1994 to 2006.

Please research your own posting history, and then once you have mastered that, start researching actual American history, perhaps starting with an understanding of the 3 branches of government.

I was going to respond to this until I realized you're just another smug ignorant little prick who loves to play semantics when you obviously know quite well what I was saying.

When you feel like actually having a conversation, let me know.

That is a good thing.

I don't think you can blame the Republicans......read this:

Loan Regulation Probably Wouldn't Have Prevented This Crisis

With a presidential campaign in the middle of a financial crisis, it is not surprising that we are besieged with misinformation. Much of it is finger-pointing about responsibility for the absence of effective regulation that would have prevented or moderated the crisis.

Who has political responsibility for inadequate regulation? There are two financial sectors where more extensive regulation might have made a difference. These are the investment banks and the government-sponsored enterprises Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Both sectors were major players in the events leading up to the crisis.

In 2004, the Securities and Exchange Commission adopted a rule that pretty much allowed investment banks to regulate themselves. While a number of other factors were involved in this decision, the commission's belief was that self-regulation would be more effective than SEC regulation. This was consistent with the free-market ideology of the Republican administration.

In 2003, Congress defeated efforts to bring Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under tighter regulatory control. This was primarily the work of Democrats, who feared that tighter regulation would crimp the ability of the mortgage-market companies to meet affordable-housing goals.

Loan Regulation Probably Wouldn't Have Prevented This Crisis - washingtonpost.com

I'm not for tax cuts, other than leaving them as they are. The only part of this package I support is the part for infrastructure, and that only amounts to around 42 billion I believe. The rest of this, we can do without.

I was going to respond to this until I realized you're just another smug ignorant little prick who loves to play semantics when you obviously know quite well what I was saying.

The strength of your rebuttal is impressive!

Now I have a better picture of your towering persona!

skinny_kid.gif

Grrrrrrr....

Forum List

Back