Thank You Stephen King!

Favorite Stephen King Book?

• Total voters
yall have to admit though.. It was kinda fucked up when the Loser's Club had to defeat Pennywise the first time by.. uh.. agnapostating Beverly's young ass in the sewers.. I didn't realize that "we all float down here" really meant that there was a child orgy going on.

:rofl: When I had first read that; my reactions were in this order to what was going on: :confused: :eek: :eusa_eh:

Though if you remember, she was asking for it. :lol:

Last edited:
I didn't really dig Eyes of the dragon. But, by the time I had read it I was knee deep in better fantasy-type stories.

Rage.. think about it. Had columbine happened in the 80s instead of the 90s we'd likely have heard how influential it was to those killings rather than Marylin Manson. But yes, the Long Walk was a helluva story.

Rage was I believe the only King book ever taken off the shelves too.

Last edited:
I know they redid The Shining.. but not The Stand.. supposedly Marvel is doing a comic series of The Stand though

For me.. I always found The Stand VERY long winded for King... good plot, but even the unabridged version was a chore to get through

I think King elected to do three movies over.

Didn't he ALSO do his own version of Christine?

I've only seen one of them, though so I might be misinformed about that.

His production company also did the Langoliers

Here's a list of the works of his done on film

Stephen King Movies- A Complete List of Movies Based on the Work of Stephen King

Hve to go with The Stand. Read it many years ago and loved it. The whole good vs. evil thing. The movie absolutley sucked. Actually, the only movies I really liked that were taken from his books were Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption.

I have to say, I used to be the biggest SK fan. But I've found that as he grew in popularity, his books became less interesting. They're just ok now. lol, probably just me and changing tastes. Did anyone ever read Eyes of the Dragon? He wrote it for his daughter. I remember liking it a lot. Also loved his short stories books. Four past Midnight, Night Shift, etc. I loved It, except for the fact that It turned out to be a gianormous spider! Grrrrrr.

Actually, IT wasn't a gianormous spider. That form was the closest thing the human mind could to seeing the real form of Pennywise without going insane. In reality, Pennywise is an alien being from either another planet or dimension. There is also the whole aspect with The Turtle which is mentioned in some of his other books.

Also, anyone else remember the "Pennywise lives" from Dreamcatcher?

I'm not sure what to think if he ever made a sequel to IT.

lol, I read It many, many years ago and this is what I remember from the book (they made this into a tv movie too, with Richard Thomas, John Ritter, Annette O'Toole among others): the clown, the spider and I liked the characters (I always like his characters, especially when they're kids). You may be right about the spider thing. One of these days I'll re-read that one too.

Forum List

Back