Thank You Stephen King!

Favorite Stephen King Book?

• Total voters

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Stephen King On 'Twilight' Author: 'Stephenie Meyer Can't Write Worth A Darn' - omg! news on Yahoo!

For saying what many of us have said since the beginning!

If it's anyone who knows how to write a horror book or book about vampires/supernatural beings; it's Stephen King.

And this is also quite true:

"People are attracted by the stories, by the pace and in the case of Stephenie Meyer, it's very clear that she's writing to a whole generation of girls and opening up kind of a safe joining of love and sex in those books. It's exciting and it's thrilling and it's not particularly threatening because it's not overtly sexual."

He further explains, "A lot of the physical side of it is conveyed in things like the vampire will touch her forearm or run a hand over skin, and she just flushes all hot and cold. And for girls, that's a shorthand for all the feelings that they're not ready to deal with yet."

EDIT: When it comes to the poll, you can only choose one. I would of added at least ten more but not enough room; the man just has too many books to put on one poll list I suppose. :lol: So feel free to vote other and state it here.

I'm going with IT; one of his longest but easily his best when it comes to not only plot but character development, dialogue, and of course the villain. Pennywise The Dancing Clown aka Bob Grey is easily Stephen King's most recognized villain.

Last edited:
Fuck stephen king..he looks like someone kicked his eyes into his sockets about an inch and a half. He better quit writing books before he loses his eyesight forever.

"Sometimes, dead is better"

I have a lot of favorites of his, depending on the mood... one of the least known books of his I really enjoyed was "Insomnia"

But he is right... this twilight shit that the youngsters like, even my 14 year old realized it was written like shit and put it down about 1/2way in

I have a lot of favorites of his, depending on the mood... one of the least known books of his I really enjoyed was "Insomnia"

But he is right... this twilight shit that the youngsters like, even my 14 year old realized it was written like shit and put it down about 1/2way in

To be honest, there hasn't been any books that I wouldn't put down 1/2 way hrough in awhile. Misery was definitley good.

Fuck stephen king..he looks like someone kicked his eyes into his sockets about an inch and a half. He better quit writing books before he loses his eyesight forever.

Dude, that's weak. The man was in a car accident that almost ended his life, never mind his battles with depression before/after along with alcohol and drugs.

It's somewhat amazing that he is still a amazing writer. I can't wait for his new book this year. Under the Dome, over 1k pages and near 1.5k pages.

Last edited:

Agreed, my friends made me read the 1st 10 pages one day. I thought it was a joke that it sold this many books and that it was called a great book.

Dude, that's weak. The man was in a car accident that almost ended his life, never mind his battles with depression before/after along with alcohol and drugs.

It's somewhat amazing that he is still a amazing writer. I can't wait for his new book this year. Under the Dome, over 1k pages and near 1.5k pages.

I tried to redeem myself..guess you didn't notice. He isn't a bad writer. My bad.

And when then demon who was forever cast out of God's sight steps into the cleansing light of the sun and he... um... SPARKLES!!!

Ah yes twilight sucks indeed.

The green mile was ok, I thinks thats the only King I have ever read.

I like the Dark Tower series, though I haven't yet finished it. I thought his latest, Duma Key, was good as well.

I liked "The Stand". For me it was a tour de force of imagination. I know that's a cliche beyond cliches but it was his one book - and I've read quite a few and enjoyed them immensely - that took me out of myself. I need to have a word to him about that - I have to try and get back into myself pretty soon now :redface:

The Colorado Kid. One of very few fiction books that actually got me thinking... Though I agree with the author that it is one of those books on which there is likely no middle ground.

As for Meyer, so she does vampire lite? This is worse than the other three thouand books of the bodice ripper genre precisely why?

I picked The Stand. One of the most memorable scenes in any book I've ever read was the walk through the Lincoln Tunnel after the Walkin' Dude had been through NY. The imagery was so horrible...and so vivid that it sent chills up my spine. But I love Stephen King. It, The Last Mile, 'Salem's Lot, The Dark Tower... all wonderful. But his short stories are brilliant, too. Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption became the movie The Shawshank Redemption and The Body became the movie Stand By Me.

And he plays guitar and is a huge Springsteen fan.

He can stay.

I really enjoyed Insomnia. I like the way he creates almost different levels of "being" in that book.

It's not quite the same but The Talisman has a cool "alternate-world" thing going on. Kind of epic. I think it's being made into a movie.

I haven't really read any of his new shit. I think his most recent book that I've read is The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.

The Stand was an awesome book. I wish they never made the movie. I mean it was decent but srsly if you read the book then the movie just comes up short (I know that sounds condescending, oh well).

"It" had me sleeping with the lights on ... I was 10 when I read it and scared shitless. Funny how books don't do that anymore.

Anyways, I really liked the Bachman books. Give me Rage or The Long Walk any day ... 2 badass stories, IMO.

No love for The Eyes of the Dragon?

Hve to go with The Stand. Read it many years ago and loved it. The whole good vs. evil thing. The movie absolutley sucked. Actually, the only movies I really liked that were taken from his books were Stand By Me and Shawshank Redemption.

I have to say, I used to be the biggest SK fan. But I've found that as he grew in popularity, his books became less interesting. They're just ok now. lol, probably just me and changing tastes. Did anyone ever read Eyes of the Dragon? He wrote it for his daughter. I remember liking it a lot. Also loved his short stories books. Four past Midnight, Night Shift, etc. I loved It, except for the fact that It turned out to be a gianormous spider! Grrrrrr.

Forum List

Back