Thank you President!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Thank you President Obama!

"More than seven years after it began, middle class households are starting to feel the recovery.

"US median household income rose 5.2 percent last year, the fastest one-year increase in records that stretch back to the late 1960s."

America's middle class just got its biggest pay raise since the '60s | VICE News

Even as the Republikan Party continues to stifle economic recovery from the Great Recession, more good news for working Americans. Unemployment has vastly improved, the Stock Markets have recovered and optimism has replaced gloom & fear.

President Obama deserves much credit in making this transition from the depths of a Bear recession to a Bull marching into the future. If only the Republikan leadership did not road block the stimulus with giving tax breaks to the wealthy, and have allowed all of the money into rebuilding our nations roads, bridges, tunnels, electrical grid, that bull would be raging today.

Unless & until the Republikan Party puts our citizens first, the Congress will remain a road block to further growth benefiting all Americans, not only the few they currently support.

It's time to put McConnell & Ryan on a back bench, only then will we see the change we need to put wind in our economy and allow more Americans to escape the doldrums; doldrums created by a Congress which has forgotten the first rule of leadership - lead by example.

Last edited:
McConnell is like a a bad infection that keeps coming back, we need term limits on these old geezers. I can't stand McConnell .
It does seem that these republicans care more for the big $$ / and making Obama look bad than the people.

Obama was able to accomplish a lot even with these jerks fighting him the whole way.

• Banned
Congress has been lead by a bad example for two decades....

Explain ^^^

If Congress were to lead by example they would stay at work and do the job we pay them to do. They would reduce their salary & benefits to mirror the stagnant growth most workers experienced since the 60's:

See, America's middle class just got its biggest pay raise since the '60s | VICE News

Consider, Ryan & McConnell and the rest of the members of Congress are not in session passing a bill to fund the growing health crisis in S. Florida. How anyone can support (vote for) a return of this lack of leadership and failure to be proactive amazes me.

Last edited:

"More than seven years after it began, middle class households are starting to feel the recovery.

"US median household income rose 5.2 percent last year, the fastest one-year increase in records that stretch back to the late 1960s."

America's middle class just got its biggest pay raise since the '60s | VICE News

Even as the Republikan Party continues to stifle economic recovery from the Great Recession, more good news for working Americans. Unemployment has vastly improved, the Stock Markets have recovered and optimism has replaced gloom & fear.

President Obama deserves much credit in making this transition from the depths of a Bear recession to a Bull marching into the future. If only the Republikan leadership did not road block the stimulus with giving tax breaks to the wealthy, and have allowed all of the money into rebuilding our nations roads, bridges, tunnels, electrical grid, that bull would be raging today.

Unless & until the Republikan Party puts our citizens first, the Congress will remain a road block to further growth benefiting all Americans, not only the few they currently support.

It's time to put McConnell & Ryan on a back bench, only then will we see the change we need to put wind in our economy and allow more Americans to escape the doldrums; doldrums created by a Congress which has forgotten the first rule of leadership - lead by example.

:cuckoo:

• Banned

A rebuttal only a fool would love, or post.

Do you lack the knowledge, education or sage intellect to write a rebuttal? Or are you too lazy to do so? I suspect the former; prove me wrong!

Do you lack the knowledge, education or sage intellect to write a rebuttal? Or are you too lazy to do so? I suspect the former; prove me wrong!

If you choose to so readily accept what is given you by those who have caused the problem in the first place, why should I bother?

If you choose to so readily accept what is given you by those who have caused the problem in the first place, why should I bother?

Because you didn't bother to prove me wrong, you must lack the knowledge, education or sage intellect to write a rebuttal. That's the common factor of most of the conservatives who post bullshit (such as emoticons), ad hominems and Straw Men.

Because you didn't bother to prove me wrong, you must lack the knowledge, education or sage intellect to write a rebuttal. That's the common factor of most of the conservatives who post bullshit (such as emoticons), ad hominems and Straw Men.

After dealing with modern Democrats online, in media and in my personal life for 18 years, I have learned where taking the time to provide such proof to individuals is a vain effort. Increasing the pay for fry-flippers has virtually no impact on the econ. One-third of the employable are out of work, and manufacturing has yet to return in any meaningful way. I see no one from the middle class dancing in the streets over Obama's miraculous wand-waving. The only ones touting his nonsense are supporters.

After dealing with modern Democrats online, in media and in my personal life for 18 years, I have learned where taking the time to provide such proof to individuals is a vain effort. Increasing the pay for fry-flippers has virtually no impact on the econ. One-third of the employable are out of work, and manufacturing has yet to return in any meaningful way. I see no one from the middle class dancing in the streets over Obama's miraculous wand-waving. The only ones touting his nonsense are supporters.

You might have used another emoticon, bullshit with a symbol, and bullshit with a paragraph, smell the same.

What caused the spike in incomes? Same thing that caused the "hottest August evah!!!"

Playing with numbers

unnamed-2.gif

Explain ^^^

If Congress were to lead by example they would stay at work and do the job we pay them to do. They would reduce their salary & benefits to mirror the stagnant growth most workers experienced since the 60's:

See, America's middle class just got its biggest pay raise since the '60s | VICE News

Consider, Ryan & McConnell and the rest of the members of Congress are not in session passing a bill to fund the growing health crisis in S. Florida. How anyone can support (vote for) a return of this lack of leadership and failure to be proactive amazes me.

Glad to see you're finally catching on to why conservatives want a Constitutional limited government. The elites in a bloated government use you for a cash cow for pet projects. They aren't looking out for you. At least Harry (the obstructionist) Reid has been removed from power. Congressional work has jumped by 1000% since his days of killing every bill for 2 years.

What caused the spike in incomes? Same thing that caused the "hottest August evah!!!"

Playing with numbers

Numbers have meaning, if used properly. What one needs to keep in mind is there are liars, damn liars & and statistics used for propaganda. That said, the meme by damn liars - like you - is that the economy has not improved, and that is false.

What caused the spike in incomes? In word, confidence. Despair was replaced with a guarded optimism; unfortunately the Republican establishment's goal, or at least what they wanted, was that the Great Recession inherited by Obama continue so they could once again control The Congress and the White House.

Reform and regulations are anathema to those who want to remake our nation into a plutocracy. They will succeed if the middle class / college educated voters believe the demagoguery of charlatans like Trump & fools like you.

Explain ^^^

Glad to see you're finally catching on to why conservatives want a Constitutional limited government. The elites in a bloated government use you for a cash cow for pet projects. They aren't looking out for you. At least Harry (the obstructionist) Reid has been removed from power. Congressional work has jumped by 1000% since his days of killing every bill for 2 years.

What do you smoke? Or, has reality always been out of focus to you and thus you simply parrot the current meme of your handlers?

Consider this distinction: Fiscally Conservative v. Fiscally Responsible

Explain ^^^

What do you smoke? Or, has reality always been out of focus to you and thus you simply parrot the current meme of your handlers?

No smoking. No memes. No handlers. Just truth. One thing is sure Wry Catcher, as long as you keep your head firmly planted up your ass, your view is never going to change.

Explain ^^^

No smoking. No memes. No handlers. Just truth. One thing is sure Wry Catcher, as long as you keep your head firmly planted up your ass, your view is never going to change.

Oh, so you know The Truth. Good to know, debate with true believers is called mental masturbation, and not worth my time.

As for my head being up my ass, I'm open to considering what the 21st century conserative believes and supports, not what they oppose, which is what defines them.

I'm not fiscally conservative, I am fiscally responsible - I hope that's not too abstract for you.

Last edited:

Playing with numbers

Numbers have meaning, if used properly. What one needs to keep in mind is there are liars, damn liars & and statistics used for propaganda. That said, the meme by damn liars - like you - is that the economy has not improved, and that is false.

What caused the spike in incomes? In word, confidence. Despair was replaced with a guarded optimism; unfortunately the Republican establishment's goal, or at least what they wanted, was that the Great Recession inherited by Obama continue so they could once again control The Congress and the White House.

Reform and regulations are anathema to those who want to remake our nation into a plutocracy. They will succeed if the middle class / college educated voters believe the demagoguery of charlatans like Trump & fools like you.

New Topics

Forum List

Back