Thank you President Obama

The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit - The Week

The American public health system has largely contained the exceptionally deadly Ebola virus, despite early mistakes and some confusing public statements from official voices.
No person who contracted the disease in the United States has died. A Texas nurse who treated Thomas Eric Duncan, an Ebola patient from Liberia, has been upgraded to "good" condition. A second nurse, Amber Vinson, remains "weak," according to her mother, but is recovering.

Thank you President Obama!
So far, the way statistics are kept by WHO, we have a 100% cure rate.

The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit - The Week

The American public health system has largely contained the exceptionally deadly Ebola virus, despite early mistakes and some confusing public statements from official voices.
No person who contracted the disease in the United States has died. A Texas nurse who treated Thomas Eric Duncan, an Ebola patient from Liberia, has been upgraded to "good" condition. A second nurse, Amber Vinson, remains "weak," according to her mother, but is recovering.

Thank you President Obama!
So far, the way statistics are kept by WHO, we have a 100% cure rate.

Must be that Ebola czar

Further proof that Obama is the second coming of Christ.

obama_jesus.jpg

2. If people leave, they won't get sick.

1. If you ban travel that also means travel in, because no one is going to go there if there is no way out.

If people leave they won't get sick but it doesn't help those that are sick. Contrary to what is being said.

Wrong. You can ban travel without banning incoming aid. That should be obvious to anyone.

hey rav, i heard on the radio, on my way into work this morning, how some some guy flew from liberia to brussels then took a flight to newark sick with the ebola. so, just goes to show what stopping flights from liberia to the USA would have accomplished...

Apparently you've never heard of passports.

Why don’t we just ban flights from Africa?

The idea seems logical. Prevent sick people entering the country, keep your loved ones safe. It’s selfish, but understandable. A survey of over 1000 people by NBC News found that the majority of Americans (58%) support a ban on flights from countries where the Ebola virus has broken out.

Dr Tom Frieden, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has tried to explain why he doesn’t support a travel ban:

Importantly, isolating countries won’t keep Ebola contained and away from American shores. Paradoxically, it will increase the risk that Ebola will spread in those countries and to other countries, and that we will have more patients who develop Ebola in the US. People will move between countries, even when governments restrict travel and trade. And that kind of travel becomes almost impossible to track.

Simply put: you can’t seal the country. If you blocked air travel, it would force desperate individuals to use alternative routes – over land and sea – to escape the epidemic. They’ll still end up in the US, except you won’t know where.

An attempted travel ban would be like locking yourself in a cabin on a sinking ship and praying the flood doesn’t seep through the gaps, and that the water pressure won’t be enough to burst through the door.

There are many reasons why a flight ban would be practically impossible to implement. For example, remember that Thomas Eric Duncan, the US patient who caught the Ebola virus in his native Liberia, flew to Texas via Brussels in Belgium. An effective ban would require international coordination. Would every nation agree to quarantine West Africa, to cripple their economy and choke them of humanitarian aid? Unlikely.

Ebola Is Coming. A Travel Ban Won t Stop Outbreaks - Forbes

I replied to this same link in another thread. The article relies on two easily debunked points.

1. That a ban will prevent aid and help from getting to those countries. The problem with this is that NO ONE is talking about banning aid and supplies, so that's bull shit.

2. That keeping people in those countries will somehow make things worse. No one ever explains that. Perhaps the virus is aware that people are being kept there? It also assumes that somehow if people are allowed to leave, it will help cure the sick.

It's 100% bull shit if you stop just automatically believeling everything you are told and start using common sense.

maybe you should stop knee jerk disbelieving what you don't understand just because you are so afraid.

what you claim to debunk as 'bullshit' has by no means been debunked..preventing aid would be what's called an unintended consequence...

1. It isn't a knee jerk reaction, it is an opinion based on education and experience.

2. I understand, viruses, infectious diseases, and isiolation protocol much better than you do. Better in fact than most people writing articles on it.

3. It's incredibly stupid to say that we cannot ban travel to the US without banning aid as well. There is no logical reason you or anyone else can give for that to be so. You think all you have to do is say so and it's true. At least I give you logic and reason behind my points.

Obama cured the camera man?
Ravi is doing a weird bit of redirection. Saying the republicans are saying he is responsible for everything regarding Ebola, he is also responsible for any cures. Much like saying an arsonist is responsible for putting out the fire he set when he is miles away, and has nothing to do with the 10 fire engines, 80 firefighters and ambulances. By Ravi logic, he put out the fire, because he set it

Ravi is doing a weird bit of redirection. Saying the republicans are saying he is responsible for everything regarding Ebola, he is also responsible for any cures. Much like saying an arsonist is responsible for putting out the fire he set when he is miles away, and has nothing to do with the 10 fire engines, 80 firefighters and ambulances. By Ravi logic, he put out the fire, because he set it
I thought you were dead. And bad analogy but you already knew that.

He must have. Republicans keep calling him the "Messiah".

Meh, we call him that because that's how you treat him. Look at the OP. She credits Obama for a cured Ebola patient.

Our Messiah has saved millions from the scourge of a deadly virus

Now, if he could just finish saving us from the scourge of right wing radio, teabaggers, crazy gun nuts, and the GOP, the country will be on good footing again..

Meh, we call him that because that's how you treat him. Look at the OP. She credits Obama for a cured Ebola patient.

Now, if he could just finish saving us from the scourge of right wing radio, teabaggers, crazy gun nuts, and the GOP, the country will be on good footing again..

Actually, we need them to keep Republicans in line

predfan 1. It isn't a knee jerk reaction, it is an opinion based on education and experience.

protocol is based on collective education and experience of relevant experts...

predfan 2. I understand, viruses, infectious diseases, and isiolation protocol much better than you do. Better in fact than most people writing articles on it.

no you don't, but you and i are not the topic. being smarter than a news reporter isn't very hard...

predfan 3. It's incredibly stupid to say that we cannot ban travel to the US without banning aid as well. There is no logical reason you or anyone else can give for that to be so. You think all you have to do is say so and it's true. At least I give you logic and reason behind my points.

the sound reasoning is there, you just don't want to see it...

1. It isn't a knee jerk reaction, it is an opinion based on education and experience.

2. I understand, viruses, infectious diseases, and isiolation protocol much better than you do. Better in fact than most people writing articles on it.

3. It's incredibly stupid to say that we cannot ban travel to the US without banning aid as well. There is no logical reason you or anyone else can give for that to be so. You think all you have to do is say so and it's true. At least I give you logic and reason behind my points.

See?

Our President has saved millions of Americans from getting a deadly disease

We should all be thankful
WTF!!! just yesterday,it was only a few cases and nothing to worry about ,then today he saved millions.

You people are just fucking nuts and will say anything at anytime,if it fits the narrative,nobody taught these people what integrity means.

WTF!!! just yesterday,it was only a few cases and nothing to worry about ,then today he saved millions.

You people are just fucking nuts and will say anything at anytime,if it fits the narrative,nobody taught these people what integrity means.

You have no idea how deadly Ebola can be....just watch Fox and learn

Once Ebola landed in the US it could have wiped out the great state of Texas in days. Our Messiah stepped in, isolated the virus and saved millions of Texans from a horrific death

hey rav, i heard on the radio, on my way into work this morning, how some some guy flew from liberia to brussels then took a flight to newark sick with the ebola. so, just goes to show what stopping flights from liberia to the USA would have accomplished...

Apparently you've never heard of passports.

Why don’t we just ban flights from Africa?

The idea seems logical. Prevent sick people entering the country, keep your loved ones safe. It’s selfish, but understandable. A survey of over 1000 people by NBC News found that the majority of Americans (58%) support a ban on flights from countries where the Ebola virus has broken out.

Dr Tom Frieden, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, has tried to explain why he doesn’t support a travel ban:

Importantly, isolating countries won’t keep Ebola contained and away from American shores. Paradoxically, it will increase the risk that Ebola will spread in those countries and to other countries, and that we will have more patients who develop Ebola in the US. People will move between countries, even when governments restrict travel and trade. And that kind of travel becomes almost impossible to track.

Simply put: you can’t seal the country. If you blocked air travel, it would force desperate individuals to use alternative routes – over land and sea – to escape the epidemic. They’ll still end up in the US, except you won’t know where.

An attempted travel ban would be like locking yourself in a cabin on a sinking ship and praying the flood doesn’t seep through the gaps, and that the water pressure won’t be enough to burst through the door.

There are many reasons why a flight ban would be practically impossible to implement. For example, remember that Thomas Eric Duncan, the US patient who caught the Ebola virus in his native Liberia, flew to Texas via Brussels in Belgium. An effective ban would require international coordination. Would every nation agree to quarantine West Africa, to cripple their economy and choke them of humanitarian aid? Unlikely.

Ebola Is Coming. A Travel Ban Won t Stop Outbreaks - Forbes
If it logical you can bet Obutthurt will not do it.

You have no idea how deadly Ebola can be....just watch Fox and learn

Once Ebola landed in the US it could have wiped out the great state of Texas in days. Our Messiah stepped in, isolated the virus and saved millions of Texans from a horrific death
So Jesus stepped in?

Forum List

Back