Thank you President Obama...this is leadership.

To clarify my point...
Since the day he entered the Oval Office this President has blamed everything on his predecessor - and what he didn't blame bush for - he blamed house republicans.
Everytime Obama opened his mouth it was towing the party line.
Uhhhhhhhhh.....that's toe the party-line, and....when he's rubbed Republicans' collective-noses in all the crap that was left, for him....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y04g6OPLnQ]YouTube - ‪Obama Dismantles Republican Caucus Part 1 of 7‬‏[/ame]

....they know better than to challenge him....
346.gif

.....unlike Teabaggers who don't know shit....but, never mind acting-the-fools, anyhow.​

To clarify my point...
Since the day he entered the Oval Office this President has blamed everything on his predecessor - and what he didn't blame bush for - he blamed house republicans.
Everytime Obama opened his mouth it was towing the party line.

Today - I read the quote I copied. I was stunned - literally. I was beside myself that he actually said something that resembled what Presidents before him have done - use the bully pulpit to bring the sides together.
And for this - I want this man to understand that this is what a President is supposed to do when the two parties can't come to an agreement. Take the high road and point out specifically what needs to happen.

you should not feel the need to explain yourself Iam. I have know you for, well years now;)

I know that like me despite all the sturm and rang and political cut and thrust, we want things to get better, and when we see the pres. step up, its better than the former alternative, so yes I see how you and to an extent I would like to see him take control an actually show some leadership and determination and work, to get this done.

What some seem to forget is; in the absence of leadership, good, not so bad and indifferent, people look to others whom may be even worse but have the ability to provide what people want vis a vis leadership.

And this is what I was talking about earlier:

Republicans Say They've Already Agreed To A Concession In Debt Fight: Raising The Debt Limit | TPMDC

What a total load of horsecrap.

why is it horse crap?

Oh, I dunno, maybe because they're saying they won't shoot the hostage if they get 100% of what they want... once again saying right back to the Prez, "Fuck you, we'll take but won't give shit". This is AFTER he's proposed a lot more than they asked for earlier.

But i think YOU already knew this, so why don't you answer this: how do you see this stance going down in the court of public opinion?

And this is what I was talking about earlier:

Republicans Say They've Already Agreed To A Concession In Debt Fight: Raising The Debt Limit | TPMDC

What a total load of horsecrap.

why is it horse crap?

Oh, I dunno, maybe because they're saying they won't shoot the hostage if they get 100% of what they want... once again saying right back to the Prez, "Fuck you, we'll take but won't give shit". This is AFTER he's proposed a lot more than they asked for earlier.

But i think YOU already knew this, so why don't you answer this: how do you see this stance going down in the court of public opinion?

You're a loony leftoid... You and the little 0bama minions have already pulled his lever and caving to the Republicans won't change your mind...

He knows you don't care about closing GITMO... He knows you don't care about continuing military operations all over the place... He knows you don't care about the unemployment rate...

He knows he has you in his pocket...

Leadership indeed. Just not the good kind as he himself admits...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mZ39Zet97Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪"O" the Debt Ceiling‬‏[/ame]

why is it horse crap?

You're a loony leftoid... You and the little 0bama minions have already pulled his lever and caving to the Republicans won't change your mind...

He knows you don't care about closing GITMO... He knows you don't care about continuing military operations all over the place... He knows you don't care about the unemployment rate...

Well, you threw a bunch of the usual crap at me, but didn't actually answer the question you highlighted.

Oh, and once again, kiss my liberal ass, you rightwingnut asshole. :D

Cutting spending doesn't 'raise revenue'. It decreases spending. There's a difference. I'm not sure who said that Republicans want to raise revenue and not taxes, but sometimes semantics bothers me.

If Obama had pledged to raise the tax rate, that's another story. That's raising taxes.

Scaling back Bush tax cuts isn't raising your tax rate - it's reducing the amount of cash the government is going to give you.

Everyone has to pay their due...don't be stingy now. ;)

Cutting spending doesn't 'raise revenue'. It decreases spending. There's a difference. I'm not sure who said that Republicans want to raise revenue and not taxes, but sometimes semantics bothers me.

If Obama had pledged to raise the tax rate, that's another story. That's raising taxes.

Scaling back Bush tax cuts isn't raising your tax rate - it's reducing the amount of cash the government is going to give you.

Everyone has to pay their due...don't be stingy now. ;)

News flash... The govt doesn't give us money it takes it.

Give accolades where accolades are due...our President may have an ounce of leadership in him afterall...

There is, frankly, resistance on my side to do anything on entitlements. There is strong resistance on the Republican side to do anything on revenues. But if each side takes a maximalist position, if each side wants 100 percent of what its, you know, ideological predispositions are, then we can't get anything done, ------ President Obama"

:clap2:

About freakin time someone said it...both sides have painted themselves in a corner with their refusal to budge or compromise. Perhaps at least now in his Presidency Obama will be a leader that we so desperately need.

Read more: Democrats Claim Support for 'Big Deal' After Criticizing It - FoxNews.com

And when push comes to shove, which side do you think he'll take? He won't be compromising with the Republicans. It's all lip service to look like he's above the fray.

why is it horse crap?

Yeah.....He's no Lil' Dumbya Bush.....that's for sure......

*​

"It was the gutsiest decision I've ever seen a President make, at least, in my lifetime."

(See: 17:00)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX8AvFt_nMY]YouTube - ‪Death of osama bin laden (Operation Neptune Spear) US Navy SEALS and Army Delta Force.‬‏[/ame]
barack-obama-superman-byron-furgol.jpg

Hey - this is the first time I have seen anything that resembles leadership from this man. Let's make a big deal out of it and maybe he will see that America is not leftist or right-wing...it is middle of the road conservative.

are you sure?.......i seem to know a lot of middle of the road Liberals.....but then the middle of the roaders are the ones that a lot of people are waiting for them to wake up.....

Where you success, I see failure. I am not a fan of Obama, but the last thing he should do is compromise with one of the most wretched and vile GOPs in American history.

Obama should invoke the spirit of Jackson and be stubborn as a mule. His pragmatism and compromise has got us what so far?

No he should agree to reforming Medicare and Medicaid because it is the right thing to do. The growth of both programs has been unmitigated and unsustainable. Ryan's plan is correct with some slight modifications.

Forum List

Back