Thank you President Obama...this is leadership.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Give accolades where accolades are due...our President may have an ounce of leadership in him afterall...

There is, frankly, resistance on my side to do anything on entitlements. There is strong resistance on the Republican side to do anything on revenues. But if each side takes a maximalist position, if each side wants 100 percent of what its, you know, ideological predispositions are, then we can't get anything done, ------ President Obama"

:clap2:

About freakin time someone said it...both sides have painted themselves in a corner with their refusal to budge or compromise. Perhaps at least now in his Presidency Obama will be a leader that we so desperately need.

Read more: Democrats Claim Support for 'Big Deal' After Criticizing It - FoxNews.com

As I noted earlier here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/174775-house-gop-balks-at-defense-cuts.html

The President is currently the adult in the room. He's the one willing to put Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid concessions on the table. The GOP isn't even willing to close tax loopholes or cut the defense budget.
Right...The only cuts liberoidal douchebags are interested in are with the DoD.

Yet, when have the ever rolled back funding for and closed down operations where the wars have been over for more than half a century?...Like never.

Last edited:
Where you success, I see failure. I am not a fan of Obama, but the last thing he should do is compromise with one of the most wretched and vile GOPs in American history.

Obama should invoke the spirit of Jackson and be stubborn as a mule. His pragmatism and compromise has got us what so far?

Actually, it's a failure of leadership that lead to this discussion. Atleast that's what Obama thought when he was a Senator. Amazing how he doesnt remember that now...

Where you success, I see failure. I am not a fan of Obama, but the last thing he should do is compromise with one of the most wretched and vile GOPs in American history.

Obama should invoke the spirit of Jackson and be stubborn as a mule. His pragmatism and compromise has got us what so far?

The last thing Obama will ever be known for is compromise.

Give accolades where accolades are due...our President may have an ounce of leadership in him afterall...

There is, frankly, resistance on my side to do anything on entitlements. There is strong resistance on the Republican side to do anything on revenues. But if each side takes a maximalist position, if each side wants 100 percent of what its, you know, ideological predispositions are, then we can't get anything done, ------ President Obama"

About freakin time someone said it...both sides have painted themselves in a corner with their refusal to budge or compromise. Perhaps at least now in his Presidency Obama will be a leader that we so desperately need.

Read more: Democrats Claim Support for 'Big Deal' After Criticizing It - FoxNews.com

Oh right. Didn't you plainly hear the fool go on to say that this needs to be settled before ELECTION time comes???

As I noted earlier here:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/174775-house-gop-balks-at-defense-cuts.html

The President is currently the adult in the room. He's the one willing to put Medicare, Social Security, and Medicaid concessions on the table. The GOP isn't even willing to close tax loopholes or cut the defense budget.
Right...The only cuts liberoidal douchebags are interested in are with the DoD.

Yet, when have the ever rolled back funding for and closed down operations where the wars have been over for more than half a century?...Like never.

Anyone who thinks these clowns are gonna seriously go after entitlemnts is living in la la land.

The last thing Obama will ever be known for is compromise.

I know, rw kooks cannot look at the facts. Obama has done a lot of compromising with them, yet they have not reciprocated. Instead, they act in a very divisive way, yet blame Dems. This mirrors their sentiments on fiscal conservatism. They act like stalwarts of fiscal conservatism and limited government, yet blame Dems for our debt, despite most of it coming from Reagan, H.W. Bush, and Dipstick Jr.

Compromise: Obama 26 – Republicans 0 « Fidler's Political Review

Oh right. Didn't you plainly hear the fool go on to say that this needs to be settled before ELECTION time comes???

Hey - this is the first time I have seen anything that resembles leadership from this man. Let's make a big deal out of it and maybe he will see that America is not leftist or right-wing...it is middle of the road conservative.

He's not serious, he's not a leader, he's certainly not a grown up:

A Real Deal - By Yuval Levin - The Corner - National Review Online

...President Obama offered Speaker Boehner the president’s own budget outline and called it a compromise. Republicans were asked to stomach not only a huge tax increase but also the Democratic approach to health-care and entitlement reform in return for President Obama’s approach to cutting spending. Democrats were asked to stomach only what President Obama already proposed in his own name earlier this year. This was basically a compromise between the Obama and Pelosi approaches to budget policy, not the Obama and Boehner approaches. The Speaker has instead opted to seek middle ground between the Republicans’ budget outline and the president’s. If nothing else, that certainly sounds more like an actual compromise....

Forcing his policies through against the will of the people is not compromise. Never has been never will be.

Sorry, I read that as code for:

129159105045568750.jpg

The drooling left wing kooks cannot help their urge to publicly go down on President Obama at every opportunity.

<<Shlurp, shlurp>>

:suck:

Nevertheless, their embarrassing devotion to their rudderless "leader" provides no cover for the fact that the moron's notion of "negotiating" is to repeat his already rejected "proposals" and then take to the microphone again to "chastise" all who DARE to disagree with him.

Old schtick. Stale. Unimpressive. Un-rewarded.

THIS time "dear leader" is getting schooled on what a real negotiation is.

We can only hope that the previously waffling "leadership" of the GOP can find its nadz long enough to call President Obama's bluff. Call him out. PLAY chicken with the boiking.

Sorry.

Failed Leader Obama got it 100% wrong and I don't know if he's been called the Liar he is on this. Republicans want to raise revenues, it's TAXES that we don't want to raise.

I don't expect much from a guy who thing banks ATM's and airport kiosks are hurting the economy, but that's just a flat outright lie

Sorry.

Failed Leader Obama got it 100% wrong and I don't know if he's been called the Liar he is on this. Republicans want to raise revenues, it's TAXES that we don't want to raise.

I don't expect much from a guy who thing banks ATM's and airport kiosks are hurting the economy, but that's just a flat outright lie

It's amazing how many people can't understand how we can raise more money with lower taxes despite how many times it's been done.

Forum List

Back