Thank you Pat Buchanan

Russiagate is Orange Jesus trying to defy the Constitution and his worshippers agreeing with him.
since you are so hot on the constitution, why arent you on bill and hillary's ass about the brady bill, which was a violation of the constitution.

lol

poorly educated trumptards ...
not a trump supporter
the brady bill , along with the patriot act, was the worst violation of the bill of rights in my lifetime.

In the 19th century, power meant control of the means of production; today, power lies in control of the means of communication.

Who controls the media spotlight controls what people talk about and think about. And mainstream media are determined to keep that spotlight on Trump-Russia, and as far away as possible from their agenda — breaking the Trump presidency and bringing him down.

Yep, that about says it all.

From the very start of the article:
For a year, the big question of Russiagate has boiled down to this: Did Donald Trump’s campaign collude with the Russians in hacking the DNC?
What is there to say? That is not the central question for which anyone in the DoJ is seeking an answer. Maybe it's a question someone's trying to answer, but it's not the central question in the mind of Mueller or the Congressional leadership that's investigating the "Russia" matter.

Certainly, however, one can commence one's rhetorical spiel with that as the premise, but those who are closely paying attention will know that premise is sophistic as a starting point. Starting with sophistic premises is part of why we have saying "if they can get you asking the wrong question, the answers don't matter." Buchanan's opening statement in his essay is a fine illustration of precisely that.

For a year, the big question of Russiagate has boiled down to this: Did Donald Trump’s campaign collude with the Russians in hacking the DNC?
What is there to say? That is not the central question for which anyone in the DoJ is seeking an answer. Maybe it's a question someone's trying to answer, but it's not the central question in the mind of Mueller or the Congressional leadership that's investigating the "Russia" matter.

Certainly, however, one can commence one's rhetorical spiel with that as the premise, but those who are closely paying attention will know that premise is sophistic as a starting point. Starting with sophistic premises is part of why we have saying "if they can get you asking the wrong question, the answers don't matter." Buchanan's opening statement in his essay is a fine illustration of precisely that.
So what, then, IS the big question?

I don't believe there is a big question and I'm certain the one Buchanan posited isn't any of the big questions that the DoJ and Congressional investigators are seeking to answer.

Among the people I talk to and in my mind, the key questions are these:
  • What was the nature and extent of Russian meddling in the 2016 electoral process, and to what extent did it achieve what ends?
  • Were there any Americans who were complicit with or otherwise party to the Russian meddling in the 2016 electoral process? If so who and what is the nature and extent of their involvement? Is it ongoing?
  • What, if any, are the ongoing Russian efforts to undermine America's democracy and the institutions and individuals on which/whom it depends?
  • In light of the answers to the preceding questions, what should be the next steps? Why and/or why not?
All those questions rely on one premise: the Russians did meddle in the 2016 election process. That premise is one about which -- for not one person who matters, other than Donald Trump and a small handful of his sycophants -- there is no disagreement.

Last edited:
I think Pat is quite capable of hot air generation on his own.

Not like the left wingers and this Russian crock.
Ok, cool, have a nice weekend with your partisanshit.

Same to you.
Ya don't see me whining about "right wingers" because I understand the ruse is for the unsubstantial people. Goldman Sachs always ends up running your white house either way; the donor class has it covered "either" way. but do go on.

I don't believe there is a big question and I'm certain the one Buchanan posited isn't any of the big questions that the DoJ and Congressional investigators are seeking to answer.

Among the people I talk to and in my mind, the key questions are these:
  • What was the nature and extent of Russian meddling in the 2016 electoral process, and to what extent did it achieve what ends?
  • Were there any Americans who were complicit with or otherwise party to the Russian meddling in the 2016 electoral process? If so who and what is the nature and extent of their involvement? Is it ongoing?
  • What, if any, are the ongoing Russian efforts to undermine America's democracy and the institutions and individuals on which/whom it depends?
  • In light of the answers to the preceding questions, what should be the next steps? Why and/or why not?
All those questions rely on one premise: the Russians did meddle in the 2016 election process. That premise is one about which -- for not one person who matters, other than Donald Trump and a small handful of his sycophants -- there is no disagreement.

Can't find anything here I would disagree with. I must say however that I find it amusing that a nation who intervenes in the elections of other nations, and topples elected heads of state of other nations, musters such outrage when the chickens return to roost. And it does provide such a grand distraction for the masses to divert attention away from their own societal economic sodomization.

Forum List

Back