Thank you Obama and Congress, finally a bill to help our economy grow

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Obama Signs Small Business Legislation | Fox News

President Barack Obama signed bipartisan jobs legislation Thursday that will help small businesses and make it easier for startups to raise capital, saying it could be a "game-changer" for entrepreneurs dreaming of founding the next Microsoft or Facebook.

"When their ideas take root, we get inventions that can change the way we live," Obama said in the Rose Garden, flanked by lawmakers of both parties who backed the bill. "And when their businesses take off, more people become employed."

He said the initiatives in the bill paralleled many of the provisions that he sought last fall in his jobs agenda to encourage small-business growth.

Republicans, who promoted the pro-small business ideas in the House, joined Obama at the signing ceremony, including House Majority Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va. Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., whose seat has been targeted by Democrats, also looked on as Obama signed the bill into law.

"This bill represents exactly the kind of bipartisan action we should be taking in Washington to help our economy," Obama said.

A very tiny step in the right direction. Of course accompanied by the usual cavil about ripping investors off.
Scrapping Sarbox would be a huge step in the right direction. Remind me how many Enrons Sarbox has prevented.

That's great but I am skeptical, I can't believe the republicans would vote for something that would actually help the economy while Obama is in office.

• Banned
This thread is proof of my theory that when someone on the right gives credit to Obama it is ignored by the left.

Most of you are LOOKING for a fight and can't get beyond your partisanship.

Forum List

Back