Thank you Mr. President

President Obama recently announced a troop reduction in Afghanistan. Due to this reduction, my husbands unit has more men than it needs to deploy. So instead of spending christmas in Afghanistan, he will be home with us. :)

I am very happy for you.

However, it was a mistake to tell the enemy when we'd be reducing troop levels.

President Obama recently announced a troop reduction in Afghanistan. Due to this reduction, my husbands unit has more men than it needs to deploy. So instead of spending christmas in Afghanistan, he will be home with us. :)

Thank your husband for us

I am very happy for you.

They already know when troop levels are reduced

They live there

I am very happy for you.

She's really dumb

I am very happy for you.

I never understood announcing time tables to the public.

How nice for you.

obama intends to reduce troop strength way below the ability of our forces to defend themselves. I can't say that it's a good job.

I love this kind of news! My son hasn't been to Afghanistan yet (was in Iraq 3 times)...and i'm really hoping he never has to go! So it's always wonderful to hear this!
Obama needs to just bring them all home NOW and let the countries kill eachother off. It's been a waste of time, money and mostly lives.

CONGRATS!!!!

I am very happy for you.

They already know when troop levels are reduced

They live there

But they (I assume you're referring to the enemy) don't know until it happens... or until we tell them ahead of time. I'd prefer the first.

First I am so happy your husband will be home for Christmas.. I only hope the best for our military since i am a retired navy wife.. HOwever are you going to still Thank Obama when he takes our benefits away because it is happening. I just got on the mail tricare is going up for Vets and Retirees.And this is just the beginning..

First I am so happy your husband will be home for Christmas.. I only hope the best for our military since i am a retired navy wife.. HOwever are you going to still Thank Obama when he takes our benefits away because it is happening. I just got on the mail tricare is going up for Vets and Retirees.And this is just the beginning..

This is true, part of his defense spending cuts is to increase health costs for vets. I believe we spend something like 50 billion a year on Military healthcare. It's an issue that needs addressed, although I find shifting costs to vets distasteful.

This is true, part of his defense spending cuts is to increase health costs for vets. I believe we spend something like 50 billion a year on Military healthcare. It's an issue that needs addressed, although I find shifting costs to vets distasteful.
But that is what Obama is doing..

But that is what Obama is doing..

True.

However it's my understanding this raise is reasonable, on workig age retirees, and the 1st one in a long time. He has also proposed ways to cut costs ie mail in scripts, cutting out paper pushers etc. While I don't think veterans should be burdened with excessive costs, I also don't think they should be insulated from rising costs completely.

Forum List

Back