Thank you Majority Leader Reid (D-NV) for bringing this up for a vote.

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............

Cry me a river.
uhhhh, in the VERY FIRST POST'S QUOTE:

1. Before adjourning for a five-week recess on Friday, Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.J. Res. 19, which is designed to overturn two recent Supreme Court decisions that allowed corporations, labor unions and wealthy individuals to spend more money on federal elections.
Yeah right. Don't worry, that would have been stripped out upon visits by union lobbyists.

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............Cry me a river.

Sure.

And you aren't honest enough to tell folks that the corporations contribute hundreds of dollars to every dollar by the unions.

Better go look up the numbers, because I am going to ram them down your mouth if you don't.
Come get ya some.
Unions have had democrat politicians in their pockets for decades.
You had better stand down.

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............

Cry me a river.
uhhhh, in the VERY FIRST POST'S QUOTE:

1. Before adjourning for a five-week recess on Friday, Reid filed cloture on the motion to proceed to S.J. Res. 19, which is designed to overturn two recent Supreme Court decisions that allowed corporations, labor unions and wealthy individuals to spend more money on federal elections.
Yeah right. Don't worry, that would have been stripped out upon visits by union lobbyists.
what a great imagination you have!!! ;)

Will he include the massive contributions from the Unions and his buddies at the same time.............Cry me a river.

Sure.

And you aren't honest enough to tell folks that the corporations contribute hundreds of dollars to every dollar by the unions.

Better go look up the numbers, because I am going to ram them down your mouth if you don't.
Come get ya some.

So what? For every $ from a union a corporation spends thousands.

Be far more afraid of corporations than unions when it comes to lobbying, little one

Sure.

Come get ya some.

Be far more afraid of corporations than unions when it comes to lobbying, little one
They must not mention that at wherever he gets his *cough* "news"
Business-Labor-Ideology Split in PAC Individual Donations to Candidates Parties Super PACs and Outside Spending Groups OpenSecrets
The broadest classification of political donors separates them into business, labor, or ideological interests. Whatever slice you look at, business interests dominate, with an overall advantage over organized labor of about 15-to-1.
@thereisnospoon

Last edited:

Sure.

Come get ya some.

Business-Labor-Ideology Split in PAC Individual Donations to Candidates Parties Super PACs and Outside Spending Groups OpenSecrets
The broadest classification of political donors separates them into business, labor, or ideological interests. Whatever slice you look at, business interests dominate, with an overall advantage over organized labor of about 15-to-1.
@thereisnospoon

What ever position you take there is one thing that is never brought up. You all talk as though all union members wish there union to side with the democrats, as many do plenty do not. This i believe disqualifies Union from spending money on political campaigns. Unions are to represent there members Corporations are a private entity and represent there owners. Difference is What unions do is the business of its members. What corporations do is the business of its owners.
I think Union money is to be spent on union members benefits like Healthcare, Pensions and so not Politics I have heard many union members complain about how there union money is spent.

Corporations spend on what they wish--its Private. As the present administration has demonized business owners the last 6 years this is a big mistake. Leaders of this nation are to make prosperity happen and pitting workers against business owners does not work. And that's what unions love to do and for the life of me WHY. this is 2014 not 1920. Lets see the Unions start a business and make it a success, HARDLY
Union bosses are as corrupt now as they have ever been don't think for one minute that they have membership as there priority--There own pocket book is all they care about under the lie that its for there members. Bull.

Unions are not restricted anymore than businesses, nor should they be restricted in politics. If the businesses are going to lobby legislatures, the unions should lobby the voters.

Sure.

Come get ya some.

@thereisnospoon

What ever position you take there is one thing that is never brought up. You all talk as though all union members wish there union to side with the democrats, as many do plenty do not. This i believe disqualifies Union from spending money on political campaigns. Unions are to represent there members Corporations are a private entity and represent there owners. Difference is What unions do is the business of its members. What corporations do is the business of its owners.
I think Union money is to be spent on union members benefits like Healthcare, Pensions and so not Politics I have heard many union members complain about how there union money is spent.

Corporations spend on what they wish--its Private. As the present administration has demonized business owners the last 6 years this is a big mistake. Leaders of this nation are to make prosperity happen and pitting workers against business owners does not work. And that's what unions love to do and for the life of me WHY. this is 2014 not 1920. Lets see the Unions start a business and make it a success, HARDLY
Union bosses are as corrupt now as they have ever been don't think for one minute that they have membership as there priority--There own pocket book is all they care about under the lie that its for there members. Bull.

link for all those assertions PLUS who are you/where you been for the last 2 years :eusa_think: Can't remember seeing a post of yours in a long time, if ever.

This was funny. I read about this a bit back. It seems that the Democrats were going to try and trap the GOP by bringing up this legislation that limits free speech. The Dems were hoping to get the GOP to block it on general principle, but the GOP said, Okay. Lets debate this, and planned on pushing for a full debate that would last four to six weeks, all without a vote.

This would effectively block all other stuff the Dems wanted to do before the mid-term.

Best of all, it exposes the Democrats as against the First Amendment.

Good job Reid. Keep up the good work!

This was funny. I read about this a bit back. It seems that the Democrats were going to try and trap the GOP by bringing up this legislation that limits free speech. The Dems were hoping to get the GOP to block it on general principle, but the GOP said, Okay. Lets debate this, and planned on pushing for a full debate that would last four to six weeks, all without a vote.

This would effectively block all other stuff the Dems wanted to do before the mid-term.

I know, it might be a complete shock to you that the someone in an elected postion might want to do what the people want.
Seventy-five percent of Americans feel there is too much money in politics, and only 25 percent feel there is an intrinsic right to unfettered election spending, an argument commonly used by opponents of controls on campaign finance.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Reuters Poll Most Americans Think Too Much Money in Politics

So you go along and say that there should be more money in politics..

I know, it might be a complete shock to you that the someone in an elected postion might want to do what the people want.
Seventy-five percent of Americans feel there is too much money in politics, and only 25 percent feel there is an intrinsic right to unfettered election spending, an argument commonly used by opponents of controls on campaign finance.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Reuters Poll Most Americans Think Too Much Money in Politics

So you go along and say that there should be more money in politics..
People want their free speech limited?

Amazing...

When they use the phrase "Constitutional Amendment" it's just show time to keep the low information base interested. Why would democrats cut their own throats?

Forum List

Back